Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-944

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
k11chi

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-94X

Post by k11chi »

I wonder what Ai thinks of Akai atm.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

MoonRaven wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:Just realized... Didn't Gosho say years ago that Haibara and Sera will have an confrontation? Do you think it will be related(heh) to MG?
It was earlier this year, in his new year postcards (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12705)

According to the translation thread, the message was: "3. "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;", which points more towards something romantic in my mind. Sure, if the MG is Elena or if the MG is Sera's mother and Elena's sister, then technically both Haibara and Sera "like" her, but it would be a rather odd phrasing if it is about a mutual relative imo
Oh, I see. Thank you for the clarification. I'd completely forgotten the "romantic" aspect of this showdown...
Considering they are cousins, the romantic aspect makes this arc even more riduculous...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Spoiler:
Well, at least we're getting one thing out of this case. Chiba's first name has been revealed.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

yay...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

MoonRaven wrote:I'd completely forgotten the "romantic" aspect of this showdown...
Well, if you're not a fan of Masumi and Shiho/Ai having a confrontation over Shinichi/Conan, then get ready... >:D

Actually, Shiho's/Ai's feelings for Shinichi/Conan haven't come up in a while, in the manga (If I'm not mistaken, the Vermouth arc was the last time we saw it on display).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:I'd completely forgotten the "romantic" aspect of this showdown...
Well, if you're not a fan of Masumi and Shiho/Ai having a confrontation over Shinichi/Conan, then get ready... >:D

Actually, Shiho's/Ai's feelings for Shinichi/Conan haven't come up in a while, in the manga (If I'm not mistaken, the Vermouth arc was the last time we saw it on display).
Well, you could maybe count her "Tsundere" moment after MT, but that was still over 3 years ago.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Chiba gets character development through his name! :D
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Jecka wrote:Chiba gets character development through his name! :D
Isn't that just information (I know, the point is, he doesn't get any development :-\ )?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Serinox wrote:

Well, you could maybe count her "Tsundere" moment after MT, but that was still over 3 years ago.
It still doesn't make sense to me,considering that Ai is always helping Shinichi with Ran,she was even happy for them.I don't see the point of a confrontation with Sera while she already knows he loves Ran.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

AICHAN wrote:
Serinox wrote:

It still doesn't make sense to me,considering that Ai is always helping Shinichi with Ran,she was even happy for them.I don't see the point of a confrontation with Sera while she already knows he loves Ran.
I wouldn't say she's always helping, because of her worries that he will get weak and tell her his identity as Conan, but yeah, she knows that he loves Ran.

Just ... this concept brought up doesn't make sense in an romantic context, but it's heavily implied that it will be in that context. Why have a romantic confrontation between those two, when Shinichi doesn't love either of them? Even a romantic confrontation between Ai and Ran would make little sense; between Sera and Ran would make more sense, but it's ultimately pointless, because there is just no way that Shinichi would take Sera over Ran.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Serinox wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
Serinox wrote:

I wouldn't say she's always helping, because of her worries that he will get weak and tell her his identity as Conan, but yeah, she knows that he loves Ran.

Just ... this concept brought up doesn't make sense in an romantic context, but it's heavily implied that it will be in that context. Why have a romantic confrontation between those two, when Shinichi doesn't love either of them? Even a romantic confrontation between Ai and Ran would make little sense; between Sera and Ran would make more sense, but it's ultimately pointless, because there is just no way that Shinichi would take Sera over Ran.
Yeah this is just a stupid idea which contradicts with the evolution of the story....I just don't understand...
I know I've been complaining a lot lately but I'm really disappointed at Gosho's choices,because in the past I used to love every direction he took with the plot,character development and cases,it was subtle but not convulted,every detail made sense...now it's just a serie of random ideas fixed together,with characters that just pops up out of nowhere...
I guess the more we love something, the more we get disappointed...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
[/quote]
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

k11chi wrote:I wonder what Ai thinks of Akai atm.
who do you mean, Rye/Dai or Subaru? :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Kahomi wrote:
k11chi wrote:I wonder what Ai thinks of Akai atm.
who do you mean, Rye/Dai or Subaru? :))
Haibara knows who Akai is, just not officially what he looks like. She overheard that Akai was the FBI agent that saved her (and Ran)
from Vermouth at the Halloween case. She also brought it up to Conan after "Clash of Red and Black" when she asked Conan if she could
meet Akai, but Conan had to turn her down. At the time he was concerned with how she would react to finding out that technically Akai was
responsible for Akemi's death...ect. Plus the fake death plan made it impossible even if that first part wasn't there.

As of the "I won't even forgive one milimeter case", Haibara already thinks that "Subaru" is similar to Rye/Dai
Due to the "don't make that kind of face" comment that they both have made in the past.
and
As of the "Jodies Memories / Cherry Blossom Shrine case", Haibara thinks that "Akai" is similar to Rye/Dai
Due to the fact that Jodie mentions that Akai really likes canned coffee.

Its only a matter of time before the DB slip and tell her that Subaru is wearing a collar
then all of this will be resolved,

well.... only if Masumi doesn't find Akai first.
they both have a strange attraction to him
(which is going to be weird if they all do turn out to be family)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Just a random thought here... I wonder if Akemi's P.S. will come to play soon.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
DCUniverseAficionado

MoonRaven wrote:Just a random thought here... I wonder if Akemi's P.S. will come to play soon.
It's not really random, in relation to Masumi, Shuichi and Shiho/Ai. You bet it'll get brought up in the middle of all that.
AICHAN wrote:I'm really disappointed at Gosho's choices,because in the past I used to love every direction he took with the plot,character development and cases,it was subtle but not convulted,every detail made sense...now it's just a serie of random ideas fixed together,with characters that just pops up out of nowhere...
Kinda what happens when you have a seven-year interlude.
AICHAN wrote:I know I've been complaining a lot lately...
I guess the more we love something, the more we get disappointed...
How much lower can you possibly go, though, beyond the Miyanos and the Akais being related, from the "story aspects I don't like" perspective?