Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-944

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-944

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Text spoilers (in Japanese):
Spoiler:
20発の弾丸 8発目 リアル脱出ゲームツアー第4弾!

本編 FILE942 千葉の難事件

千葉がとある事件の情報を求め由美に話しかけてくる
そのそばでは、苗子がなんで自分を思い出してくれないの!と睨んでる
日に日にメタボる千葉を見て、由美たちの同僚は彼氏にしたくないねーと陰口
苗子の怒りの炎はどこへ向けられるのやら

その夜、千葉の部屋を管理人が訪れる
差出人欄に"宇宙で一番のあなたのファンより"と書かれた小包を預かっていた

一方、小五郎事務所
陽奈が葉巻型UFOを見た、探してくれと言うが
見間違えたんじゃないの?飛行船とよく似てるし、との小五郎の言を聞き
コナンは先日の灰原の顔を思い出す
「領域外の妹」とよく似てたよな、と
2人に血縁があるとしたら、灰原と赤井もつながるということで
それに明美と赤井は昔…
などと考えていると、UFO探しに行くことにした小五郎たちに置いてかれかける
UFO=最近沖野ヨーコが出ている番組、ということで小五郎は乗り気な様子

陽奈は他校の空手部で、蘭には何度も試合で負けている
打倒蘭丸(←森蘭丸←もうりらんまる←毛利蘭)を目標に走り込みをしていた場所で
UFOを見たというのだが、そこは前に渋谷先生が突き落とされた階段
飛んできた方向は陽奈が通う杯戸高校だが、殺人事件が起きたせいで入れない

……はずなのだが、鍵の壊れた裏門からあっさり進入
すると地面に塗られたコンクリに二人の男の倒れた痕
片方は犠牲者でもう片方は生きているが意味不明なことを言っているとか
そんな内容のニュースを見たと小五郎が思い出していると千葉が止めに来る
なんでそんなに肩で息するような駆け足なのか…それは小包の中身のせい
入っていたのはほとんどが健康関連の書籍で、それ読んでダイエット実践中
(送ったのは苗子か?)

犠牲者はUFO雑誌の編集者、生きてた方はその雑誌の投稿者
半年前、2人は編集部内で大喧嘩していたのを目撃されている
窒息死と診断されたが、編集者の肺からはコンクリは一切出ず
紐ではなく袋状の何かをかぶせたらしいことまでは掴んだが証拠品がない
投稿者が言う意味不明なことというのは
"宇宙人がUFOから降りてきて、宙に浮いたまま編集者を殺しUFOで飛び去った"
■凶器も、第三者の足跡も無い状況――超常殺人事件を暴け!! ■新年第3号につづく■
Some initial translations from the cbox:
Spoiler:
bash7353: Title is "Chiba's difficult case”.
bash7353: “Conan remembers Haibara’s face from a few days before. She greatly resembles ‘the sister from outside the domain’, if those two are relatives, Haibara and Akai are related, too. Moreover, Akemi and Akai back then...”
Also seems like there isn't a break next week.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 942-94X

Post by Spimer »

Spoiler:
Bullet points of the text spoilers:
. Naeko still annoyed at Chiba not remembering her
. Chiba gets sent a mysterious package from a "fan"
. A girl(I think, the name's Hina) comes to Mouri agency and wants him to look for a cigar-shaped UFO. Kogoro motivated because he believes it's related to a Okino Yoko TV program.
. This girl's part of karate club in another school, has lot to Ran several times and nicknames Ran "Overthrow Ran-maru"
. Conan thinks about how Haibara and MG look alike: if they were blood-related then Akai would also be blood related with Haibara
. And, also, some time ago, Akemi and Akai... (Very vague wording: something happened involving the 2 but no details, of course)
. They go to some school where a murder happened: a man named Shibuya got thrown down the stairs
. The back-door isn't locked: there are marks in the concrete painted in the ground of 2 men having collapsed there
. One of the marks is the victim and the other is someone else who's alive but it's said that he only blurts nonsense
. Kogoro remembers having heard news about that: Chiba rushes there in an odd manner like he was breathing by the shoulder
. The package he got had books about health and diet so he's trying them out (maybe Naeko is the sender?)
. The victim is a UFO magazine editor, the other man is a contributor
. Both had been seen having an argument half a year ago
. The victim's COD was diagnosed as suffocation: but there was no concrete in the victim's lungs
. He wasn't strangled either: it'd seem like his head was covered with something like a bag but there's no evidence to back that hypothesis
. The contributor's "nonsense" is the following: "An alien got off an UFO, killed the editor while hovering the air, and fled with the UFO!"
. Sidenote: "No weapon, and no traces of 3rd party... Let's solve this unusual murder case!"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

more translations by presumenothing from the cbox:
Spoiler:
presumenothing: from baidu: Chiba asks Yumi about some case, and beside her Naeko thinks "why hasn't he remembered me yet!" while glaring
presumenothing: watching Chiba get more more overweight day by day, and Yumi's colleagues gossiping about whether she's going to stay single forever, Naeko's anger burns
presumenothing: location of discovery of the UFO is the same place where Shibuya-sensei (Jodie's friend) was pushed down the stairs
presumenothing: the UFO flew from the direction of Haido High School (where their client is a student), but they can't enter because a murder happened there
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
You know, Naeko, if you're worried about staying single forever, why don't you take the initiative then?

Or, to quote Niles from The Nanny: "For God's sake: MAKE A MOVE!! DO SOMETHING!!"
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
You know, Naeko, if you're worried about staying single forever, why don't you take the initiative then?

Or, to quote Niles from The Nanny: "For God's sake: MAKE A MOVE!! DO SOMETHING!!"
Spoiler:
haha xD
it can be quite awkward to bring up something from the past this late in the game(or in general for that matter), if it was THAT important to her for him to remember, then she surely might've put that effort...(or she simply wants him to remember by himself, otherwise she might feel too unimportant to him)... Because everybody is in such a rush to deal with this(also, since Gosho has been teasing their love drama too much), it's understandable that we might get the implication that she strongly feels worries over this matter,...but I think her inner complaints are simply supposed to be a comedic relief...

IMO, the Chiba and Naeko plot is nothing but a casual love story without any significant foundations that has affected the characters a lot(if anything, Naeko has grown to be more shy then what she seemed to be in the past) compared to Satou, Shiratori and Fusae, who's personal histories with a certain someone has affected their future(Matsuda/Takagi, Kobayashi, Agasa). So I'm just planning to enjoy their story for what it is, and not for anything more(unless Gosho develops their individual character more) because in the end, I think their casual story is pretty enjoyable comedic wise! (just wish that we can get back to the plot (*^*)
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on December 5th, 2015, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
So I'm just planning to enjoy their story for what it is, and not for anything more(unless Gosho develops their individual character more) because in the end, I think casual story pretty enjoyable comedic wise! (just wish that we can get back to the plot (*^*)
Spoiler:
Well, it sounds like we're gonna get some plot stuff AND some casual Chiba Naeko stuff on the side, which is fine, honestly.If it doesn't take too much of the spotlight, I don't mind it.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

what about the other 942-94X thread that was up yesterday ?
oh well :P
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:what about the other 942-94X thread that was up yesterday ?
I guess it was a violation of some sort on my part to make a thread like this with no actual text spoilers.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Bullet points of the text spoilers:
. Naeko still annoyed at Chiba not remembering her
Spoiler:
Goes without saying.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
. Conan thinks about how Haibara and MG look alike: if they were blood-related then Akai would also be blood related with Haibara
Spoiler:
Goes without saying.
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
. And, also, some time ago, Akemi and Akai... (Very vague wording: something happened involving the 2 but no details, of course)
Spoiler:
Goes without... oh... really?... :-*
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:what about the other 942-94X thread that was up yesterday ?
hmm... that managed to slip from me actually. Since no real discussion started there, though, I'll delete that one.

For the record, though, I don't quite think it's necessary to start a discussion thread when we don't have any actual substantial info to talk about or post.
wrd

Post by wrd »

Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Can't help but notice from that phrasing, the way Conan seems to be totally convinced that the mg is a blood relative to Akai and Masumi, to actually start thinking about the possibility of Haibara and akai being blood relatives , i mean, sure he noticed the resemblance between Sera and mg, but he must have had a solid proof to be so sure about them being blood relatives, right? Or is he just going by the resemblance as a definitive proof?
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

wrd wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Can't help but notice from that phrasing, the way Conan seems to be totally convinced that the mg is a blood relative to Akai and Masumi, to actually start thinking about the possibility of Haibara and akai being blood relatives , i mean, sure he noticed the resemblance between Sera and mg, but he must have had a solid proof to be so sure about them being blood relatives, right? Or is he just going by the resemblance as a definitive proof?
I think he doesn't really doubt Sera and MG being relatives in the slightest. They even know this because she said to call her Masumi's sister to Conan.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Just realized... Didn't Gosho say years ago that Haibara and Sera will have an confrontation? Do you think it will be related(heh) to MG?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
wrd

Post by wrd »

k11chi wrote:
wrd wrote:
Spimer wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think he doesn't really doubt Sera and MG being relatives in the slightest. They even know this because she said to call her Masumi's sister to Conan.
Spoiler:
As for "the sister from outside the domain", Conan still have to deduce the meaning of that appellation , also he is still referring to her as "that girl" , "the person she (Sera) seems to be hiding" or "mysterious girl" ...implying his present doubt about her being Masumi's sister.

The real question is: if he truly has no doubt about her being a relative to Masumi and Akai, and isn't convinced that she is their sister...What does he think she is to them? (I know, I reached a dead end XD)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MoonRaven wrote:Just realized... Didn't Gosho say years ago that Haibara and Sera will have an confrontation? Do you think it will be related(heh) to MG?
It was earlier this year, in his new year postcards (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12705)

According to the translation thread, the message was: "3. "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;", which points more towards something romantic in my mind. Sure, if the MG is Elena or if the MG is Sera's mother and Elena's sister, then technically both Haibara and Sera "like" her, but it would be a rather odd phrasing if it is about a mutual relative imo
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Serinox wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:Just realized... Didn't Gosho say years ago that Haibara and Sera will have an confrontation? Do you think it will be related(heh) to MG?
It was earlier this year, in his new year postcards (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12705)

According to the translation thread, the message was: "3. "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;", which points more towards something romantic in my mind. Sure, if the MG is Elena or if the MG is Sera's mother and Elena's sister, then technically both Haibara and Sera "like" her, but it would be a rather odd phrasing if it is about a mutual relative imo
Oh, I see. Thank you for the clarification. I'd completely forgotten the "romantic" aspect of this showdown...
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18