Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Shinichi Edogawa

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

Well, marriage between cousins doesn't bothers me as well, it was very common at the time in some part of the world and it's still today (but less), the problem it's how Gosho is going to explain that Ai ignored she has a aunt? That Akai sacrified his own cousin???? That he never mentioned the fact they were related to Jodie when he talked to her about Akemi? This arc is so complicated.

And is it me or Gosho tend to ignore/erase some details from previous arc? He said we can ignore the people who spied Ai for Akai from the Vermouth arc, maybe we'll never hear about Vermouth cat again or the boss' number, he only talked about Itakura in the mystery train showdown.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

You imply that Akai and Ai knew about the relation between the two families, which as I wrote before, is highly unlikely.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Serinox wrote:You imply that Akai and Ai knew about the relation between the two families, which as I wrote before, is highly unlikely.
That doesn't make it better... ::)

and even now Akai could make the link with Ai considering he can observe her closely as Okiya..he could very well compare with some of his mom older photos...I don't know,but everything seems unbelievable to me.
Anyway if Akai doesn't know he will have a shock when he knows the truth.As I said it's adding drama to an already dramatic situation, so no matter how I look at it,it seems not good as a plot.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

It's not all that unbelievable if Gosho were to do that.
Spoiler:
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not that shocked about Akai being Akemi's cousin(I've known many people,including in my family, married to their cousins and it went well,even with children)
I'm not satisfied because IMO that ruin the Akai/Akemi drama(he used his own cousins to get information to the point that one of them was killed,as if it wasn't a dramatic situation from the start) and frankly I think the whole promise thing will be useless if they are all related.Not to mention that neither Haibara nor Akai mentionned having an aunt somewhere(Ai was there since vol 18 and Akai since vol 28...If Conan saw the ressemblance between Ai and MG,then Akai should have seen it too). I guess MG and Helena can be half sisters being raised separately which would explain why it was difficult to make the link.

But nevermind if you guys are happy with it I guess I'm the weird one.This plot is getting too complicated but not in a good way for me.
nope, I completely understand what you mean, and if DC story progress had a different pacing with more development, I might've also found this relationship reveal to be quite unnecessary, but this case is different, and even though I disagree, it's still your opinion, so no one is the ''wierd'' one! ;)
Serinox wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not that shocked about Akai being Akemi's cousin(I've known many people,including in my family, married to their cousins and it went well,even with children)
I'm not satisfied because IMO that ruin the Akai/Akemi drama(he used his own cousins to get information to the point that one of them was killed,as if it wasn't a dramatic situation from the start) and frankly I think the whole promise thing will be useless if they are all related.Not to mention that neither Haibara nor Akai mentionned having an aunt somewhere(Ai was there since vol 18 and Akai since vol 28...If Conan saw the ressemblance between Ai and MG,then Akai should have seen it too). I guess MG and Helena can be half sisters being raised separately which would explain why it was difficult to make the link.

But nevermind if you guys are happy with it I guess I'm the weird one.This plot is getting too complicated but not in a good way for me.
Spoiler:
Do you think either Akemi or Akai knew? I don't. Haibara never even really met her parents, so she wouldn't know if she had an aunt. Akai might know that he has, but what if the MG only told them "I have a sister, but we haven't seen each other in years", how would Akai make the connection? Plus, if the MG looks more different from Haibara when she was older (aka probably the last time Akai saw her), it might've been difficult to make the connection.
I agree with that
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

Regardless whether cousin marriage is legal or not in Japan or that there has been couples like that before in this series. I still think plotwise making Akai and Akemi cousins would be very poor choice. That's why the previous marriage thing because at least so there wouldn't be blood relation. Elena and MG can be sister(half or not) all I care but if it somehow starts affecting the previous relationship between Akai and Akemi to incestuous levels... Sorry, but I can't handle it. I don't care that Akemi is already dead or that they didn't marry or have children. It's still cousins and family and... ugh.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Meh, whether it's good or bad doesn't matter, it still seems to be the way Gosho is going with.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Personally I don't mind this. After all it is not something that cannot appear in the real life.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

In the end, it's not the direction that Gosho chooses that matters, but rather how well he executes them!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Image Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

I predict a DB case next week

cuz it's been a while
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

MrDetective wrote:I predict a DB case next week

cuz it's been a while
::)
Spoiler:
A preview said that the next case would feature a strange request at the Mouri Detective Agency, and a "Romantic Comedy."

We may end up getting what you may consider worse than the DBs—Chiba and Naeko! >:D
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
ATEM

Post by ATEM »

I've just read the chapter gosho maybe really trying to show us how can people give different discriptions to actually the same thing but every time it is related to that the person's eyes decieve him like the brightness thing I don't know why but it reminded me of the optical illusion case where yonehara sakurako first appeared I wonder If she is related to all of this by a way or another :D :D
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

I'm just happy I deduced the truth behind the Testimonial errors! only the culprit part and his description was wrong...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image Image