Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Post by AICHAN »

Spoiler:
I really don't know if I have to cry or get mad at the whole Akai family arc...I had some hopes that Gosho would not take that direction but it seems like my nightmare is coming true...
I'm only curious to see how the MG turned into a kid and if the whole family knew she had a sister.But this arc itself is horrible to me
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
I really don't know if I have to cry or get mad at the whole Akai family arc...I had some hopes that Gosho would not take that direction but it seems like my nightmare is coming true...
I'm only curious to see how the MG turned into a kid and if the whole family knew she had a sister.But this arc itself is horrible to me
Spoiler:
You can have a blend of both, as well.

What are your other DC nightmares, then?

Also, how does this one compare to Bourbon being PSB?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You can have a blend of both, as well.

What are your other DC nightmares, then?

Also, how does this one compare to Bourbon being PSB?
yeah, I also want to know that...
Spoiler:
this is hardly surprising,...most saw this coming with almost 100% certainty,...
Bourbon on the other hand was hard to say, we had hints(most hint were added close to the conclusion) but most of them only conflicted with the belief that he was a BO kid, and also the hope that gosho would not repeat the ''spy-ingredient''!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Let's face it the sisters had to appear at one point. This gives Haibara some potential growth to know she still has family out there.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

k11chi wrote:Let's face it the sisters had to appear at one point. This gives Haibara some potential growth to know she still has family out there.
Spoiler:
actually, with Rum seemingly targeting the rats of the BO, unless Gosho took drastic measures to involve haibara in Rum's rat extermination,... THIS might be the only way for haibara's character, as well as Elena's, to develop further AT ALL along this arc! so,...
unless someone is bitter about akai and akemi being cousins, It's completely satisifying that Gosho chose this route for this little family arc!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
k11chi wrote:Let's face it the sisters had to appear at one point. This gives Haibara some potential growth to know she still has family out there.
Spoiler:
actually, with Rum seemingly targeting the rats of the BO, unless Gosho took drastic measures to involve haibara in Rum's rat extermination,... THIS might be the only way for haibara's character, as well as Elena's, to develop further AT ALL along this arc! so,...
unless someone is bitter about akai and akemi being cousins, It's completely satisifying that Gosho chose this route for this little family arc!
Spoiler:
You should take a look at the spoiler cbox to see if people are satisfied (I think Kor explained very well why this is not a good direction for the Akai/ai family arc,especially for Haibara's character)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
You should take a look at the spoiler cbox to see if people are satisfied (I think Kor explained very well why this is not a good direction for the Akai/ai family arc,especially for Haibara's character)
Spoiler:
And do you have anything to add that Kor didn't address?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Ai_Shazhiri

Post by Ai_Shazhiri »

I have 2 theory.
1. The MG is Elena's sister.
2. The MG is Yukiko's sister (because her hair look alike. Just a random guess).
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

If Elena and MG are sisters, the only way I'm going to be satisfied is if Akemi is Atsushi's child from previous marriage. After all she doesn't look much like Elena unlike Shiho does(from the few pictures we have of the resident Hell's Angel)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Ai_Shazhiri wrote:I have 2 theory.
1. The MG is Elena's sister.
2. The MG is Yukiko's sister (because her hair look alike. Just a random guess).
Gosho already said that Yukiko is not one of them.
DCUniverseAficionado

MoonRaven wrote:If Elena and MG are sisters, the only way I'm going to be satisfied is if Akemi is Atsushi's child from previous marriage. After all she doesn't look much like Elena unlike Shiho does(from the few pictures we have of the resident Hell's Angel)
Because of Shuichi and Akemi being cousins, right?

Just to put it out there, the possible genetic makeup of the children of cousins is why cousin marriage is banned. If cousins in a relationship don't want to have children, then there's no problem. And it wouldn't be, in this case—Akemi is dead.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Aside from that, cousin marriage is legal in Japan anyway - highly frowned upon these days, sure, but still legal. In fact, Japan's former Prime Minister (2010-2011) Naoto Kan is married to his first cousin.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Cousin marriage is legal in most countries :

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... eWorld.svg

It is indeed seen as weird in most developed countries though. Remember the Hatamoto case with a shocked Kogoro learning that Kitaro and Mariko were cousins ? And that was over 20 years ago.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Spoiler:
I'm not that shocked about Akai being Akemi's cousin(I've known many people,including in my family, married to their cousins and it went well,even with children)
I'm not satisfied because IMO that ruin the Akai/Akemi drama(he used his own cousins to get information to the point that one of them was killed,as if it wasn't a dramatic situation from the start) and frankly I think the whole promise thing will be useless if they are all related.Not to mention that neither Haibara nor Akai mentionned having an aunt somewhere(Ai was there since vol 18 and Akai since vol 28...If Conan saw the ressemblance between Ai and MG,then Akai should have seen it too). I guess MG and Helena can be half sisters being raised separately which would explain why it was difficult to make the link.

But nevermind if you guys are happy with it I guess I'm the weird one.This plot is getting too complicated but not in a good way for me.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
[/quote]
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not that shocked about Akai being Akemi's cousin(I've known many people,including in my family, married to their cousins and it went well,even with children)
I'm not satisfied because IMO that ruin the Akai/Akemi drama(he used his own cousins to get information to the point that one of them was killed,as if it wasn't a dramatic situation from the start) and frankly I think the whole promise thing will be useless if they are all related.Not to mention that neither Haibara nor Akai mentionned having an aunt somewhere(Ai was there since vol 18 and Akai since vol 28...If Conan saw the ressemblance between Ai and MG,then Akai should have seen it too). I guess MG and Helena can be half sisters being raised separately which would explain why it was difficult to make the link.

But nevermind if you guys are happy with it I guess I'm the weird one.This plot is getting too complicated but not in a good way for me.
Spoiler:
Do you think either Akemi or Akai knew? I don't. Haibara never even really met her parents, so she wouldn't know if she had an aunt. Akai might know that he has, but what if the MG only told them "I have a sister, but we haven't seen each other in years", how would Akai make the connection? Plus, if the MG looks more different from Haibara when she was older (aka probably the last time Akai saw her), it might've been difficult to make the connection.