Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-94X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
As expected, there was no plot in this file. I think the person who had access to it would've mentioned even the smallest mention of MG, Masumi, Shuichi or the FBI, if there was one.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
As expected, there was no plot in this file. I think the person who had access to it would've mentioned even the smallest mention of MG, Masumi, Shuichi or the FBI, if there was one.
Spoiler:
true, which means we should expect something at the end of the case...
Just hoping that gosho will leads this into a BO case...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
wrd

Post by wrd »

MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yep , I hope so ...
By the look of it, maybe after solving this case, Conan will get a general idea about why Rum descriptions are so contradictory.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

wrd wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yep , I hope so ...
By the look of it, maybe after solving this case, Conan will get a general idea about why Rum descriptions are so contradictory.
Spoiler:
But the descriptions of Rum are not contradictory. Conan demonstrated during Ch. 910 how one person (Kansuke) could furfill all descriptions.
wrd

Post by wrd »

Serinox wrote:
wrd wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yep , I hope so ...
Spoiler:
But the descriptions of Rum are not contradictory. Conan demonstrated during Ch. 910 how one person (Kansuke) could furfill all descriptions.
Spoiler:
At first glance, the descriptions would seem contradictory. This, if we think on the basis that those who described Rum had saw him clearly and described him in a realistic way.

For example, if Conan had to describe Kansuke for others. he won't describe him as old man or feminine (even if he unties his ponytail).

Also, if we took in consideration the way Gosho made his characters imagine/describe those 3 characteristics, it would seem difficult to fit the 3 descriptions in one person.

What I'm trying to say is, those who described Rum:
- Either they saw his body doubles.
- Or they did not saw him clearly or did saw him in different positions/situations/circumstances, which made him look feminine for some, and old or strong for others. And in this case, yes we can bring up the example of Kansuke : from a distance he could look elderly (but if he close the distance he won't look as such); if he untied his ponytail he would have long hair (although that won't qualify him as feminine in my opinion, considering his strong body and his hard features).
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

wrd wrote:
Spoiler:
At first glance, the descriptions would seem contradictory. This, if we think on the basis that those who described Rum had saw him clearly and described him in a realistic way.

For example, if Conan had to describe Kansuke for others. he won't describe him as old man or feminine (even if he unties his ponytail).

Also, if we took in consideration the way Gosho made his characters imagine/describe those 3 characteristics, it would seem difficult to fit the 3 descriptions in one person.

- Or they did not saw him clearly or did saw him in different positions/situations/circumstances, which made him look feminine for some, and old or strong for others. And in this case, yes we can bring up the example of Kansuke : from a distance he could look elderly (but if he close the distance he won't look as such); if he untied his ponytail he would have long hair (although that won't qualify him as feminine in my opinion, considering his strong body and his hard features).
Spoiler:
The main issue with the Rum descriptions is that we get them as second hand information via Haibara and don't have any context from the situations of their meetings. Unlike the current case where we know that the DB saw the culprit in a department store and fleeing down the stairs, which is a first hand account. The department store is a contained location and the trick that made the culprit change appearance as the DB saw him/her is contained to the things found in the building or on their person (more specifically, anything we can see in the first 2 files).

When it comes to Rum, another thing to note is that in Japan there are rigid gender and hierarchy lines and people of different genders and ages speak differently depending on whom they are speaking to. So in certain cases the way a person speaks or even the specific words used can be mistaken for a different age or gender if you don't actually see the person face to face. For example, say that one of the three people describing Rum only spoke to him on the phone and heard a raspy elderly sounding voice they might mistake the person for being old when they aren't. Also you could say have them hear a high pitched voice and have them mistake that for feminine. You could also have one of those people describing him only have contact with him via email, in which case the words used might be associated with a person of a certain age or gender (Watashi (feminine), Boku (masculine) ect.)

As can be inferred from your last point, there is also the possibility that one of the people describing him saw him from a great distance and chose one particular feature to use as a description of him. Your example of seeing Kansuke from a distance and mistaking him for an elderly person due to having a cane can make sense, because as long as you don't get to close, you won't see his rougher features.

The main issue is that all three people say that he has a false eye. This presumably means that either they were close enough to him in person to actually notice this, or that he or someone else told them about it. If they were in close proximity to him, it would be a lot harder to use the two items above as excuses for why the descriptions don't match. However there could be things like different outfits that he wears to make him look different. I guess an example of something like this could be Masumi. In her first appearance she is mistaken for a guy mostly because of the way she acted and what she was wearing. However later we see her in a female school uniform (and even later in a swimsuit) which tells us that she is female despite what the main characters first guessed.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
wrd wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The main issue with the Rum descriptions is that we get them as second hand information via Haibara and don't have any context from the situations of their meetings. Unlike the current case where we know that the DB saw the culprit in a department store and fleeing down the stairs, which is a first hand account. The department store is a contained location and the trick that made the culprit change appearance as the DB saw him/her is contained to the things found in the building or on their person (more specifically, anything we can see in the first 2 files).

When it comes to Rum, another thing to note is that in Japan there are rigid gender and hierarchy lines and people of different genders and ages speak differently depending on whom they are speaking to. So in certain cases the way a person speaks or even the specific words used can be mistaken for a different age or gender if you don't actually see the person face to face. For example, say that one of the three people describing Rum only spoke to him on the phone and heard a raspy elderly sounding voice they might mistake the person for being old when they aren't. Also you could say have them hear a high pitched voice and have them mistake that for feminine. You could also have one of those people describing him only have contact with him via email, in which case the words used might be associated with a person of a certain age or gender (Watashi (feminine), Boku (masculine) ect.)

As can be inferred from your last point, there is also the possibility that one of the people describing him saw him from a great distance and chose one particular feature to use as a description of him. Your example of seeing Kansuke from a distance and mistaking him for an elderly person due to having a cane can make sense, because as long as you don't get to close, you won't see his rougher features.

The main issue is that all three people say that he has a false eye. This presumably means that either they were close enough to him in person to actually notice this, or that he or someone else told them about it. If they were in close proximity to him, it would be a lot harder to use the two items above as excuses for why the descriptions don't match. However there could be things like different outfits that he wears to make him look different. I guess an example of something like this could be Masumi. In her first appearance she is mistaken for a guy mostly because of the way she acted and what she was wearing. However later we see her in a female school uniform (and even later in a swimsuit) which tells us that she is female despite what the main characters first guessed.
I agree with that, we really need more information.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

The last trick of the Bourbon arc in the Scarlet Epilogue might have been a hint.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

k11chi wrote:The last trick of the Bourbon arc in the Scarlet Epilogue might have been a hint.
You mean the trick with mugs and vanishing ink?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

MoonRaven wrote:
k11chi wrote:The last trick of the Bourbon arc in the Scarlet Epilogue might have been a hint.
You mean the trick with mugs and vanishing ink?
Yes
Vi-Greythorn

Post by Vi-Greythorn »

Spoiler:
I do not think that gosho destroyed haibara personal, she was from the beginning of fashion lovers and fashion

With regard to this haibara, I have a response about coming Rum
" memories of someone who's passed away remain beautiful forever and a person's heart will linger , over they , they say "
Vi-Greythorn

Post by Vi-Greythorn »

Spoiler:
I agree jimmy opinion on the issue of Rum likened the question of sera, I liked the theory, and I feel it as well

+

I'm sorry for not my mastering the English language well .
" memories of someone who's passed away remain beautiful forever and a person's heart will linger , over they , they say "
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

Spoiler:
Don't you think that DB's descriptions of the culprit are similar to Rum's ?!

Short man = old man !
Large-sized man = strong man !
A woman (somehow) = feminine man

Along with "number 2" which printed on the T-shirt
!
::)
Last edited by iiRoYaL on November 24th, 2015, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
iiRoYaL

Post by iiRoYaL »

Spoiler:
Yeah, Aoyama-sensei might be cheating just like Agasa.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

please guys... don't double post... there is a EDIT button for a reason. I can see that you are new and all but... please. Just at the right upper corner of your recent post.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18