Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
PirateKing

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-94X

Post by PirateKing »

Spoiler:
On a slight side note, I wonder if the cases involving the DB are going to be the ones which give us clues about RUM. Since RUM has been introduced, we've had two DB cases - the author who was fake-murdered case and this one - and both involve suspects who resemble the descriptions of RUM (exluding the Shuukichi case in 899-901). If the next DB case also involves a RUM connection, people might actually have to sit up and take interest in them for once.

On the off-chance the DB cases become more important in the RUM arc, the vinegar glass case in 898 might just be our first clue.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
I think this case might add to the RUM plot, though not in a direct way, the fact that there is more than one description of the culprit is very similar to the RUM situation, so the case resolution might give us new possibilities for the RUM case.
Meitanti-San

Post by Meitanti-San »

Spoiler:
Conan seemed like he was going to say "Sera resembles the Girl" after he said "NO wait, rather than girl resembling Sera.." very interesting. Also this case seems like its going to give us a clue about RUM, the descriptions DB are giving are almost the same as RUMs descriptions that Haibara gave before. the only one that doesnt seem to fit are Gentas, it wouldve made sense if Genta said he saw an old guy, that could mean "short guy" is an old guy leaning on a stick and/or his back is bent, so he looks short. very interested to see how Conan solves this case.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Why write "RUM" constantly? In the official website of movie 20 it's clearly written as "Rum", and in the most recent times in which Rum was mentioned in the manga, his name wasn't written in capital letters, but was written in the same manner as the rest of the BO members.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote:Why write "RUM" constantly? In the official website of movie 20 it's clearly written as "Rum", and in the most recent times in which Rum was mentioned in the manga, his name wasn't written in capital letters, but was written in the same manner as the rest of the BO members.
It's just a habit for me.
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Kor wrote:Why write "RUM" constantly? In the official website of movie 20 it's clearly written as "Rum", and in the most recent times in which Rum was mentioned in the manga, his name wasn't written in capital letters, but was written in the same manner as the rest of the BO members.
It's just a habit for me.
Yeah same lol.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Spoiler:
An even bigger implication that haibara was the one Gosho was hinting that she resembles MG, is the fact that she happened to have eye-bags (That made her look more like MG) ....sorry if someone already mentioned this! :P
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

k11chi wrote:I think we'll learn something more about Rum instead since this isn't even a Sera case if imnot mistaken
There is a chance she stalked Conan. She already did that (saying it was an accidental meeting), so I wouldn't be surprised if she would appear out of the blue. After all it's Christmas time, and the case takes place in a big store. Plenty of time and possibilities to show us all the old and current characters. We could get a pun to the Horror Murder on the Orient Express ;).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
So reading between the lines, Conan is thinking - "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl", adding more weight to the Mystery Girl Mom theory.
Spoiler:
He was probably either going to say "Haibara," or what you suggest.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
So reading between the lines, Conan is thinking - "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl", adding more weight to the Mystery Girl Mom theory.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yes, but when you read that panel along wth the next one where she interrupts him, the former seems more likely. The bags under Haibara's eyes were meant to increase the resemblance, I think.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

PirateKing wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yes, but when you read that panel along wth the next one where she interrupts him, the former seems more likely. The bags under Haibara's eyes were meant to increase the resemblance, I think.
Random comment.
Spoiler:
Adding what Presumenothing said a few days ago : ""would prefer to check the original wording, but the way it was phrased suggests that she resembles someone even more than she resembles sera. Although "rather than" probably isn't the best conjunction to use here, blergh (lucky chinese translators, they probably don't run into this problem often) より should probably be "more than" instead, I suppose, but "more than resembling sera" just sounds weird... problem with "rather than" is that it implies something wrong about her resembling sera, which isn't the case""

領域外の妹と名乗る... 世良によく似た... いや... あの子世良というより..... ""little sister from outside the domain resembles Sera... no, more than resembling Sera, that girl resembles......."" or something like that based on the Japanese text.

It doesn't change that much, but it clarifies that it probably isn't that the "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl" that some people think that it might be, because Conan isn't talking about Masumi anymore, which is why Masumi's picture is removed from the last panel that he is talking about it.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Random comment.
Spoiler:
Adding what Presumenothing said a few days ago : ""would prefer to check the original wording, but the way it was phrased suggests that she resembles someone even more than she resembles sera. Although "rather than" probably isn't the best conjunction to use here, blergh (lucky chinese translators, they probably don't run into this problem often) より should probably be "more than" instead, I suppose, but "more than resembling sera" just sounds weird... problem with "rather than" is that it implies something wrong about her resembling sera, which isn't the case""

領域外の妹と名乗る... 世良によく似た... いや... あの子世良というより..... ""little sister from outside the domain resembles Sera... no, more than resembling Sera, that girl resembles......."" or something like that based on the Japanese text.

It doesn't change that much, but it clarifies that it probably isn't that the "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl" that some people think that it might be, because Conan isn't talking about Masumi anymore, which is why Masumi's picture is removed from the last panel that he is talking about it.
That probably settles it, then.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Text spoilers:
Spoiler:
FILI940 バラつく証言 証言をまとめると 7階元太…小柄 服に「2」 服は灰原の服と似たグレー 5階光彦…大柄 男性っぽい走り方 服は濃いグレー 4階歩美…背はふつう 阿笠よりやや高め 服は明るいグレー 女性(なんとなく) 容疑者は3人ともグレーの服を着ているが フリーターは「米花」、主婦は「(ブローチが)6」、シェフは「(東京スピリッツロゴの)TS」 シェフは水虫を気にして帰りたそう 別の刑事の報告では、3人とも料理長とトラブルを抱えていた様子 凶器に指紋はなく、3人とも手袋は捨ててもいないし返り血もない ここからは警察の仕事だ、と探偵団は追い返される 探偵団の証言を確かめるべく、まずは元太の話に出たバスケ部を調べる スポーツ売り場の店員に尋ねると、杯戸高のバスケ部員たちが 新調したユニフォームを受け取りに来ていた 記念に、ということで店員が撮った画像を見るとユニも灰色 残念ながら、彼らは元太の「どけー」って大声のせいで犯人を見てはいなさそう バスケは国際ルール上、背番号「1」「2」「3」は欠番のため 元太がバスケ部員たちと見誤るということはない コナンが改めて写メを見ると、元太と歩美は"自撮りではない" なので次は歩美を撮った店員のいるおもちゃ売り場へ エレベーターを待つより早い、と階段を降りると 別の店員がマネキンを運んでいる 犯人はそれが5階に並んでいたのをすり抜けるように逃げたのを光彦は見た、が マネキンは大きさがまちまちで身長の比較になりそうにないし 一緒に置いてあった白い立て看板に隠れたせいで犯人の顔を見逃していた おもちゃ売り場の店員は、間の悪いことにコンタクトがずれてほとんど見てない 犯人は階段踊り場の窓の前に立ち止まり 左足の裏についた何かを取るようなしぐさをしていたと歩美が言う だが、歩美が犯人の顔を見ようとしたそのとき どこかの修学旅行生の群れに阻まれ見失ったとか どこの学校の生徒かはわからないが、ともかくコナンは目星がついた様子 ■いつもの表情が出たコナン…食い違う証言の謎は解けた!!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Translation of the text spoilers:
Spoiler:
File 940: Scattered Testimonies

Genta, 7th floor:
Short person, number "2" on the clothes, clothes are of gray color similar to Haibara's clothes

Mitsuhiko, 5th floor:
Large build, man-like running style, think grey clothes

Ayumi, 4th floor:
Normal back, slightly higher than Agasa, bright grey clothes. Woman (somehow).

All 3 suspects wear grey clothing but with different logos: the freeter's reads "Beika", the housewife's brooch reads "6" and the chef has the Tokyo Spirits (TS) logo.
The cheft's worried about athelete's foot and wants to go back: according to another report, it'd seem they'd had trouble with the victim.
The weapon doesn't have fingerprints, none have discarded gloves and none have blood spurts.

The DBs then start checking their own testimonies.

Genta talked about a basketball club, so they check a sports store: Haido High's came to pick their new uniforms and the clerk took a photo of them. But when Genta rushed through yelling "outta the way!" they couldn't see the culprit. Due to international basketball rules, the numbers 1, 2 and 3 aren't used. So it shouldn't be possible that Genta mistook them as basketball players.

Conan checks the photo again: Genta and Ayumi say "it's not a selfie" so they then go to the toy store where Ayumi had her photo taken: they don't want to wait for the elevator so they go down the stairs.

There they see another store's clerk carrying a mannequin: Mitsuhiko says he saw the culprit seemed to flee by slipping through a row of them in the 5th floor: but their height is mixed so they can't be used as height comparison: there was a white signboard placed there so Mitsuhiko missed the culprit's face.

The toystore clerk had lost a contact on that moment so they couldn't see much of what happened either.
Ayumi says that the culprit had stopped in front of the stairs' landing window and was doing a gesture like trying to take off something stuck beneath the left foot. But when Ayumi was about to see the culprit's face she got her view blocked by a bunch of students on a school trip and lost sight of the culprit: she doesn't know what school they belonged to.

Nevertheless, Conan looks like he's got an idea of the solution.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

Spimer wrote:Translation of the text spoilers:
Spoiler:
File 940: Scattered Testimonies

Genta, 7th floor:
Short person, number "2" on the clothes, clothes are of gray color similar to Haibara's clothes

Mitsuhiko, 5th floor:
Large build, man-like running style, think grey clothes

Ayumi, 4th floor:
Normal back, slightly higher than Agasa, bright grey clothes. Woman (somehow).

All 3 suspects wear grey clothing but with different logos: the freeter's reads "Beika", the housewife's brooch reads "6" and the chef has the Tokyo Spirits (TS) logo.
The cheft's worried about athelete's foot and wants to go back: according to another report, it'd seem they'd had trouble with the victim.
The weapon doesn't have fingerprints, none have discarded gloves and none have blood spurts.

The DBs then start checking their own testimonies.

Genta talked about a basketball club, so they check a sports store: Haido High's came to pick their new uniforms and the clerk took a photo of them. But when Genta rushed through yelling "outta the way!" they couldn't see the culprit. Due to international basketball rules, the numbers 1, 2 and 3 aren't used. So it shouldn't be possible that Genta mistook them as basketball players.

Conan checks the photo again: Genta and Ayumi say "it's not a selfie" so they then go to the toy store where Ayumi had her photo taken: they don't want to wait for the elevator so they go down the stairs.

There they see another store's clerk carrying a mannequin: Mitsuhiko says he saw the culprit seemed to flee by slipping through a row of them in the 5th floor: but their height is mixed so they can't be used as height comparison: there was a white signboard placed there so Mitsuhiko missed the culprit's face.

The toystore clerk had lost a contact on that moment so they couldn't see much of what happened either.
Ayumi says that the culprit had stopped in front of the stairs' landing window and was doing a gesture like trying to take off something stuck beneath the left foot. But when Ayumi was about to see the culprit's face she got her view blocked by a bunch of students on a school trip and lost sight of the culprit: she doesn't know what school they belonged to.

Nevertheless, Conan looks like he's got an idea of the solution.
Thanks for the translation!
Spoiler:
What are the odds Genta saw the TS inverted in a mirror and mistook the S for the 2? Or is it a red herring? If I remember correctly, in that case where Genta is followed, he also has a mirror mishap where he mistakenly says the culprit is right-handed after looking at his reflection.