Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Kor
Administrator

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-941

Post by Kor »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

Text spoilers (In Japanese for now)
Spoiler:
画バレとか派手に動きすぎたのが敗因だな
こちらは自重してなるべく文章だけにとどめてるけど

さて本題 FILE939 デパートでランチ!

福引で食事券を当てた阿笠は少年探偵団を連れてデパートへ
はしゃぐ一同をよそに、コナンは領域外の妹が誰か考えている

デパートに着くと、歩美が化粧品売り場に目を引かれる
コナンがお前らには早いとけなすと、灰原がゴネて店員に試供品を使わさせる
(化粧は後で落とした)

レストランで阿笠が金券の話をすると
みんなバラバラに欲しいもののコーナーへ一直線
残ったコナンは料理長が耳打ちされているのを聞く
このところクレーマーに悩まされているらしく、30分後に直接会うとのこと

食後、コナンのスマホに歩美たちからメールが届く
おかげで阿笠が探す手間は省けたようだが、懐事情は…
などと話していると階段の方から悲鳴
料理長がクレーマーに?腹を刺され倒れている 命に別状はなさそうだ
危険なので直接手を出さずに追い詰めるようコナンが団員たちに指示

目暮が現場に駆けつける 容疑者は3人
慌ててデパートを出ようとしていたせいか、皆汗をかいている
フリーター♂はトイレを探していたがどの階も満員、よそのコンビニを探しに行く途中
主婦は財布を無くしたと思い、立ち寄った売り場全部回ったところで自分のバッグから発見
シェフ♂は他店の味の研究のため、タイ料理を食べたところ汗が止まらず帰宅しようとする

困ったことに、団員のみんながみんな証言がバラバラ
■食い違う証言…犯人の姿は一体!?
EDIT:
Some translations by Bash from the spoiler cbox:
Spoiler:
bash7353: Conan thinks about who the Mystery Girl is.
bash7353: It doesn't really say to what conclusions he comes, though.
bash7353: So the short version: they go to a department store, someone is stabbed, Megure shows up, there are three suspects.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 939-94X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
They're probably at the Beika Department Store (700–704/578–581).
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
tuturuu

Post by tuturuu »

-
Last edited by tuturuu on November 16th, 2015, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Spoiler:
That's interestingly fast for the first file of the case. I guess this is going to be one of those cases where the trick doesn't require any research but it's based on the everyday things they've bought or found.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Spoiler:
I'm curious, as well—nevertheless, the faster the case is resolved, the more time there is for plot.

Still wondering what Shinichi's/Conan's thoughts about MG were.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
as far as I can tell from the text spoilers
These are not a translation, they are guesses based on the japanese
so might not be completely accurate

they are at the department store
Conan thinks about MG
Ayumi sees a cosmetics store, Conan says something about it
Haibara uses a sample from an employee but it gets dropped/ lost
Agasa has some kind of ticket/ coupon of some kind to eat lunch
The DB (excluding Conan and Agasa) all run off to go to stores
Something about a "claimer" harassing someone ??
Conan tries to text the DB
The "claimer" is stabbed in the stomach
The person freaks out and Conan orders the others to corner the person
Megure arrives, there are three suspects, all sweating
1. a part time worker (male) who was searching the bathroom for something, but then was on route to search a convenience store for it
2. Housewife who thought she lost her wallet (and something about her finding it in her bag)
3. the chef (male) who went to another shop to eat Thai food (to research the flavor). the food caused him to sweat
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
wrd

Post by wrd »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm curious, as well—nevertheless, the faster the case is resolved, the more time there is for plot.

Still wondering what Shinichi's/Conan's thoughts about MG were.
Spoiler:
Considering the fact that Conan has only recently confirmed that Masumi is indeed Akai sister, I'd say that he will reflect more on the kind of connection the MG has also with Akai .
What I'm curious about is, whether Conan will wonder as well about the brother who was helping sera with cases over the phone.
DCUniverseAficionado

wrd wrote:
Spoiler:
Considering the fact that Conan has only recently confirmed that Masumi is indeed Akai sister, I'd say that he will reflect more on the kind of connection the MG has also with Akai .
What I'm curious about is, whether Conan will wonder as well about the brother who was helping sera with cases over the phone.
Spoiler:
MG has only appeared 3 times, so far (876–878/759–760; 899–902/785–786; 903–905/787–788), and has been mentioned 3 other times (872–875/754–756 (even her intro lacked an actual appearance); 879–881/763–764; 928–930). He knows she watched him at the hotel (877/759), and that she and Masumi found and destroyed his bug (878/760), but beyond that, he doesn't really have much to go on, besides the additional info about Masumi really being Shuichi's sister, and this connecting to the fact that MG looks very much like Masumi, and has Shuichi's eyes.

Yes, I would very much like to know his thoughts on the middle brother—will he think of Shukichi? Will he realize the possibility that Shuichi's the one who's been in contact with Masumi?
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
wrd wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MG has only appeared 3 times, so far (876–878/759–760; 899–902/785–786; 903–905/787–788), and has been mentioned 3 other times (872–875/754–756 (even her intro lacked an actual appearance); 879–881/763–764; 928–930). He knows she watched him at the hotel (877/759), and that she and Masumi found and destroyed his bug (878/760), but beyond that, he doesn't really have much to go on, besides the additional info about Masumi really being Shuichi's sister, and this connecting to the fact that MG looks very much like Masumi, and has Shuichi's eyes.

Yes, I would very much like to know his thoughts on the middle brother—will he think of Shukichi? Will he realize the possibility that Shuichi's the one who's been in contact with Masumi?
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

I think we'll learn something more about Rum instead since this isn't even a Sera case if imnot mistaken
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
But how would we get from Conan thinking about Sera, Akai and maybe the MG to Rum? Here's what's more likely: Conan thinks about the MG, case happens, the end and then maybe something next case.
DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
The possibilities are open—I have no idea what the next 2 files have in store for us (I'll assume it's two), but I'm eager to find out.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
From Presumenothing:

#939 p3: Conan (thinking) "If Sera is Akai-san's younger sister..." "Then why exactly did she return to Japan from America?" "Was it to confirm the news of Akai-san's death?" "So that's why she approached me, because of my dealings with the FBI?" "...if that's the case, she should have looked into me further..." "As expected Sera is connected somehow..." "To that girl around middle school age that she's hiding in the hotel..."

p3, cont: "Her name is most likely Mary..." "She called herself the little sister from outside the domain..." "She greatly resembles Sera..." "No, that's wrong..." "That girl, rather than resembling Sera..." (then he's interrupted by Ai)

he blatantly avoids the question when Ai asks him what he's thinking about, as usual (what communication :v)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
From Presumenothing:

#939 p3: Conan (thinking) "If Sera is Akai-san's younger sister..." "Then why exactly did she return to Japan from America?" "Was it to confirm the news of Akai-san's death?" "So that's why she approached me, because of my dealings with the FBI?" "...if that's the case, she should have looked into me further..." "As expected Sera is connected somehow..." "To that girl around middle school age that she's hiding in the hotel..."

p3, cont: "Her name is most likely Mary..." "She called herself the little sister from outside the domain..." "She greatly resembles Sera..." "No, that's wrong..." "That girl, rather than resembling Sera..." (then he's interrupted by Ai)

he blatantly avoids the question when Ai asks him what he's thinking about, as usual (what communication :v)
Spoiler:
So reading between the lines, Conan is thinking - "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl", adding more weight to the Mystery Girl Mom theory.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

PirateKing wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
From Presumenothing:

Spoiler:
So reading between the lines, Conan is thinking - "Rather than that girl resembling Sera, it's Sera who resembles the girl", adding more weight to the Mystery Girl Mom theory.
Spoiler:
That comes from a translation from the Chinese, so I don't know

found the Raw, so here is the original japanese text
(Original wording) 領域外の妹と名乗る... 世良によく似た... いや... あの子世良というより..... (Haibara interrupts)... 何?考え事?
ImageImage