the prediction on BO which is related to novel

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
leehyunmini

the prediction on BO which is related to novel

Post by leehyunmini »

As you know, the most important point of the DC storyline is "Who is the Boss" or "What is BO?"
Interesting prediction is here in korea(I don't really know this is popular in your country but many korean support...)

One of the DC fan object BO is correspond the novel "Dr. frank n. stein" which is same title "The Mordern Prometheus"

The reason is here

1. "...because, we try to reverse a dead man from the time" - Vermouth
"It is drug which can revive dead people..." - Hibara

"Dr. frank n. stein made a 8 feet doll with a dead person's bone and revive him" - in novel of frank n. stein

2. In myth, prometheus stole fire, so god judge the response toPandora...

"Boss's phone e-mail is the pandora, must not open..." - Hibara

and prometheus heart is eaten by eagle(=crow).

Also, Vermouth regarded boss as caution person. Surprisingly , lexical-semantic prometheus is forethought...

3. Then who is the Boss of BO?

He assume BO's real name "the mordern prometheus" and the boss is Atsusi (= Victor Frank n. stein = mad scientist)

+) in manga, Mary accord the author's name Mary Shelley...

----- There are more prdiction but it is oo many so I can't translate...

This may not true, however, I'm very appreciate that many DC fans will know of this theory...

Thanks for reading and I want to know what is your country's dominant assumption?

(This theory is from Flo, korean bloger)
Last edited by leehyunmini on January 20th, 2016, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serinox

Re: the prediction on BO which is related to novel

Post by Serinox »

1.) Haibara's quote: "It's a nostrum to raise the dead. I wonder if that answer is satisfactory?" - It should be noted, that it is very likely that Haibara was merely taunting Conan. Additionally, later on Haibara herself doesn't seem all too sure, what the original purpose of the drug was.

Vermouth's quote: "We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we're trying to raise the dead against the stream of time." - She speaks more generally of the dead instead of a specific dead man, although the meaning doesn't change too much.

If one is going down the road of the "raising the dead theory", the connections with Frankenstein seem natural.

2.) In the versions of the myth that include Pandora (some don't feature her at all), Zeus ordered the creation of the woman Pandora (and gave her the box) as a gift to Epimetheus, a brother of Prometheus, who foolishly accepted, subsequently bringing the evils over humanity.

Haibara generally speaks about Pandora's box and not about the woman itself. The connection is there, but it seems neglible, considering that "opening Pandora's box" is a very common saying in our times. Eagle = Crow connection, well, they are both birds, true, but the eagle was a punishment for Prometheus, which is in your theory the BO themselves. So I don't what value that comparison has.

3.) Assuming that Atsushi is the boss is a good and common theory, and the connection to Frankenstein with his nickname Mad Scientist is a nice addition. However, what irks me about this is that Vermouth has shown great resentment towards the Miyano parents, going even so far to further that resentment to their daughter, so I don't know if Vermouth would as cooperative as she is (which is already a bit limited, but still).
leehyunmini

Re: the prediction on BO which is related to novel

Post by leehyunmini »

Serinox wrote:1.) Haibara's quote: "It's a nostrum to raise the dead. I wonder if that answer is satisfactory?" - It should be noted, that it is very likely that Haibara was merely taunting Conan. Additionally, later on Haibara herself doesn't seem all too sure, what the original purpose of the drug was.

Vermouth's quote: "We can be both of God and the Devil. Since we're trying to raise the dead against the stream of time." - She speaks more generally of the dead instead of a specific dead man, although the meaning doesn't change too much.

If one is going down the road of the "raising the dead theory", the connections with Frankenstein seem natural.

2.) In the versions of the myth that include Pandora (some don't feature her at all), Zeus ordered the creation of the woman Pandora (and gave her the box) as a gift to Epimetheus, a brother of Prometheus, who foolishly accepted, subsequently bringing the evils over humanity.

Haibara generally speaks about Pandora's box and not about the woman itself. The connection is there, but it seems neglible, considering that "opening Pandora's box" is a very common saying in our times. Eagle = Crow connection, well, they are both birds, true, but the eagle was a punishment for Prometheus, which is in your theory the BO themselves. So I don't what value that comparison has.

3.) Assuming that Atsushi is the boss is a good and common theory, and the connection to Frankenstein with his nickname Mad Scientist is a nice addition. However, what irks me about this is that Vermouth has shown great resentment towards the Miyano parents, going even so far to further that resentment to their daughter, so I don't know if Vermouth would as cooperative as she is (which is already a bit limited, but still).
Um... What i'm emphasizing is not Hibara knows their purpose and real about BO, just Gosho gaved us a hint to resolve. (this problem is from my poor english TT sorry...)
In adition, your third reply is the big problem of this theory...we know and we should solve why(Regard as this theory maker, he maintain Elena as a lucifer who has two different motions, thoughts... but I'm not really sure about this so I didn't translate on that story)