(SPOILERS) New theory about Hyoue Kuroda

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: New theory about Hyoue Kuroda (possible relation with the Akai family)

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

k11chi wrote:I'm not sure if he's a parallel but he's a Big Boss (shout out to MGS) type of character.
Speaking of which...
Spoiler:
MGSV spoilers in the next spoiler tab, so don't open if you haven't seen the ending!
Spoiler:
There's a nine year coma in MGSV—and it involves one person appearing to be another, when they're actually not, so it's a nice connection to make.
Spoiler:
Hyoue is probably not Hyoue—he's probably a good guy, too.

Whether he's Rei's/Tooru's boss or Shuichi's, Shukichi's and Masumi's father and MG's husband is anyone's guess, at this point.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Re: (SPOILERS) New theory about Hyoue Kuroda

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:1. If you read ch916 in Japanese, Kuroda says that he specifically heard rumors from the NPA (警察庁 Keisatsuchou called National Police Agency in English) that Conan was the brains behind Sleeping Kogoro. Meaning he would have heard it before being transferred to Nagano to begin with.
2. Kuroda has no connection to Nagano. Yui specifically said that He was transferred there because he was old and was having memory issues. Typically brand new and elderly police members are transferred to more remote locations where there would be less actually happening.
3. The reason Gosho introduced Kuroda at that location is because he was using the name puns that he does. Like Kansuke and the other suspects in the Kawanakajima case, Kuroda's name comes from one of the members of Takeda Shingen's men.
4. We won't know if he has an Nagano accent until we know which voice actor has been chosen to play him. However he does not speak the Nagano dialect that Kansuke sometimes speaks. There is a difference between accent and dialect. Accent is how words are spoken and Dialect is what words you use.
I was waiting for either you or DCUniverse to confirm what I said.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:I was waiting for either you or DCUniverse to confirm what I said.
Aw, shucks... :-[

If the real Hyoue—from before the accident—was in the NPA, then the imposter, here, could've assumed his place, which means he could be both Rei's/Tooru's boss and Shuichi's, Shukichi's and Masumi's father and MG's husband. Any of their reactions to him may very well tell us something.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

Are you sure there's a possibily for Kuroda being Bourbon's boss? I have the feeling that Bourbon is the boss of the SP himself, the way the other members were talking to him in the Scarlet Arc seemed to be how you would talk to a boss somehow.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

I doubt Bourbon is the boss of the PSB, he's too young. Also, I doubt the boss of the whole thing would go into a deep undercover mission. Of course Bourbon commands his lackeys around in Scarlet, but that doesn't mean he is the boss of the whole PSB himself.
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

Well, that's right.