Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 936–938

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 936–93X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Looking at the actual case, I tried cutting out 16 images to look at
(not sure if I'm allowed to post that much of a case, but I guess I'll be told to delete it if so)
Spoiler:
So the Long Haired Woman (Kibune Someka) has a tear in her jacket

The Black Hat Woman (Fuekawa Tadako) has fingernail clippers and gives them to the Glasses Woman (Kogure Rumi)

Tadako mentions that she brought a sewing kit, but she left it in the studio room where the Snow Hat Woman (Yamaji Hazae) has gone to nap

Someka gives her jacket to Tadako in order for her to fix it.

After a cut away to Masumi and Amuro, we hear a woman scream and they all rush in to find

Conan points out that they should be able to see who did it on the security camera.

but the band members had set up a selfie stick camera to record themselves playing
ImageImage

Supposedly, this must be Tadako on camera fixing Someka's jacket button with her sewing kit, because it is fixed by the time the body is found
ImageImage

I'm only guessing, but I'd assume that Takagi is pointing out that the reason the curtain was closed was because the murder could have been caught in the reflection.

Someka also entered the room. I really can't tell what she is doing because the image looks really blurry to me
However she mentions that when she entered the room she saw Hazae with her head down and arms crossed
ImageImage

Rumi also entered the room and can be seen moving the keyboard piano around

Rumi shows Conan her cellphone picture of the band playing and it sparks as something really important

The three detectives have figured it out?
Spoiler:
I don't think Rumi is the murderer—if so, then she exposed her trick to Shinichi/Conan, Masumi and Rei/Tooru, giving them the means to have her arrested. That leaves Someka and Tadako. The footage shows Someka and Rumi entering the room to do things—Someka had an easy chance, but that's a bit obvious. We only see Tadako on the footage fixing Someka's jacket—she's the only one who doesn't have to give an explanation of what she was doing, if I recall. I think Tadako is the murderer.

Besides the murderer being revealed, we should get the resolution of the flashback, and find out what happened when Rei came up behind Scotch and Masumi. Most likely, a shot of Shuichi/Dai, Rei and Scotch will be on the final panel—if not that, then a shot of them will be on the last page, at the very least. With this will come more insight and info.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Looking at the actual case, I tried cutting out 16 images to look at
(not sure if I'm allowed to post that much of a case, but I guess I'll be told to delete it if so)
Spoiler:
So the Long Haired Woman (Kibune Someka) has a tear in her jacket

The Black Hat Woman (Fuekawa Tadako) has fingernail clippers and gives them to the Glasses Woman (Kogure Rumi)

Tadako mentions that she brought a sewing kit, but she left it in the studio room where the Snow Hat Woman (Yamaji Hazae) has gone to nap

Someka gives her jacket to Tadako in order for her to fix it.

After a cut away to Masumi and Amuro, we hear a woman scream and they all rush in to find

Conan points out that they should be able to see who did it on the security camera.

but the band members had set up a selfie stick camera to record themselves playing
ImageImage

Supposedly, this must be Tadako on camera fixing Someka's jacket button with her sewing kit, because it is fixed by the time the body is found
ImageImage

I'm only guessing, but I'd assume that Takagi is pointing out that the reason the curtain was closed was because the murder could have been caught in the reflection.

Someka also entered the room. I really can't tell what she is doing because the image looks really blurry to me
However she mentions that when she entered the room she saw Hazae with her head down and arms crossed
ImageImage

Rumi also entered the room and can be seen moving the keyboard piano around

Rumi shows Conan her cellphone picture of the band playing and it sparks as something really important

The three detectives have figured it out?
Spoiler:
I don't think Rumi is the murderer—if so, then she exposed her trick to Shinichi/Conan, Masumi and Rei/Tooru, giving them the means to have her arrested. That leaves Someka and Tadako. The footage shows Someka and Rumi entering the room to do things—Someka had an easy chance, but that's a bit obvious. We only see Tadako on the footage fixing Someka's jacket—she's the only one who doesn't have to give an explanation of what she was doing, if I recall. I think Tadako is the murderer.

Besides the murderer being revealed, we should get the resolution of the flashback, and find out what happened when Rei came up behind Scotch and Masumi. Most likely, a shot of Shuichi/Dai, Rei and Scotch will be on the final panel—if not that, then a shot of them will be on the last page, at the very least. With this will come more insight and info.
Spoiler:
The footage shows all three enter into the room. Tadako fixes Someka's jacket, Someka picks up her guitar, and Rumi moves her keyboard.

I posted this block of text over at DCW, However I'm still not to sure. There are some holes and it doesn't use all of the clues given
I'm just not seeing what ever the three detectives see in that photo at the end of the chapter. Hoping the Japanese Raws are a lot clearer.

"""For some reason I got in it my head the possibility that Tadako (black hat woman) could have been the killer. She is the one who set up the selfie stick camera in the first place. I was thinking that maybe she brought a sewing kit and some how managed to tear Someka's jacket (long haired woman). Also she mentions that she left the sewing kit in the studio room, which gives her a reason to go back into the room to retrieve it. She could then take the jacket, enter the room, kill Hazae (snow hat woman) with something like a guitar string. Then she can cross the victim's arms and have the victim lean forward like she is taking a nap on the drum. THEN she can proceed to use the murder weapon as string to sew up the rip on the jacket to hide the murder weapon. As the other two people come in to the room and mess with stuff, they will just think that the victim is sleeping..... Not really sure what the three detectives notice in that final photo shown to them by Rumi.""
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Not really sure what the three detectives notice in that final photo shown to them by Rumi.
Spoiler:
Looking at the photo, it's really hard to see if there's anything about Tadako—she seems to just be playing the guitar. Someka has her arms folded. Rumi seems to be wearing a dark-colored glove on her left hand... could it be that she really has implicated herself?

If the clue is anything other than that, Shinichi/Conan, Masumi and Rei/Tooru must have eyes like binoculars, because I can't see it.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Not really sure what the three detectives notice in that final photo shown to them by Rumi.
Spoiler:
Looking at the photo, it's really hard to see if there's anything about Tadako—she seems to just be playing the guitar. Someka has her arms folded. Rumi seems to be wearing a dark-colored glove on her left hand... could it be that she really has implicated herself?

If the clue is anything other than that, Shinichi/Conan, Masumi and Rei/Tooru must have eyes like binoculars, because I can't see it.
Spoiler:
Someka's arms aren't folded, she is holding a guitar, just like Tadako. I don't see the glove. It could just be the darkening of the scan?

What if its not necessarily something that is in the photo, but the photo proving the angle that the selfie stick was set up in from the beginning. For example, the murder plan would only work if that half of the screen were blocked at that specific angle. You need to block out the screen, but you also needed to see who entered the room during the time between when the victim went to nap and when she was discovered to be dead. You could still get a pretty decent band photo even with a lower angle of camera. Therefore, the person who set up the angle of the selfie stick camera that high, enough to block the camera, must be the murderer? It still sounds like a weak argument though. So if you combine it with what the suspect did while they were in the room, and point out the location of the murder weapon, then it might be stronger.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

sorry for the double post, but this is a much better look at the
security camera images from the case
Spoiler:
The reason that the upper right image is blurry is because it was upscaled
it was really tiny as it appeared in the chapter.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't see the glove. It could just be the darkening of the scan?
Spoiler:
No, her left hand is a completely different color from her right hand—it has nothing to do with whether its a scan or not.
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
What if its not necessarily something that is in the photo, but the photo proving the angle that the selfie stick was set up in from the beginning. For example, the murder plan would only work if that half of the screen were blocked at that specific angle. You need to block out the screen, but you also needed to see who entered the room during the time between when the victim went to nap and when she was discovered to be dead. You could still get a pretty decent band photo even with a lower angle of camera. Therefore, the person who set up the angle of the selfie stick camera that high, enough to block the camera, must be the murderer? It still sounds like a weak argument though. So if you combine it with what the suspect did while they were in the room, and point out the location of the murder weapon, then it might be stronger.
Spoiler:
If the glove means nothing, then Tadako is the murderer, using a guitar string as the murder weapon and internationally setting up the selfie stick in a way so that the murder would be hidden, and the latter is what the detectives realized upon viewing the photo.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

better look at the phone image
Spoiler:
also from dctp spoiler box
presumenothing: @jimmy: saw your forum posts about the case – if it's relevant, the last conversation in 937 is about why the phone footage was vertical, not horizontal (also the phone ran out of battery while they were resting, and conveniently failed to film the murderer......)

ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:better look at the phone image
Spoiler:
also from dctp spoiler box
presumenothing: @jimmy: saw your forum posts about the case – if it's relevant, the last conversation in 937 is about why the phone footage was vertical, not horizontal (also the phone ran out of battery while they were resting, and conveniently failed to film the murderer......)

Spoiler:
The key is, did the detectives see something in the photo (Rumi's left hand still looks like there's a glove on it, to me, but it could be something else, meaning it was unintentional), or is the photo itself (the fact that it's vertical, for example) what caught their eyes?
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

more stuff from dctp spoiler box
Spoiler:
presumenothing: @jimmy: "I still don't see how anyone except the person who set up the phone in that position could have done it." <-- problem being (from 937 dialogue) the phone thing was apparently something they all agreed on, and although the sewing kit guitarist (whatever her name is?) was the one who placed it the others were giving her instructions on the position ("move back a little" etc) until the victim told her to just put it there and start practicing

presumenothing: (also iirc the victim was also the one who wanted the mirror covered... so... perhaps she was the one who wanted the security cam footage blocked and the murderer took advantage of it? ??? )

jimmy_kud0_tv: Maybe the victim planned on doing something in the room? I mean she said she was going to take a nap, but there really isn't anywhere in there for her to sleep except on the drums, but that looks really uncomfortable.

presumenothing: ...apparently she always slept like that :-X

jimmy_kud0_tv: there still needs to be a way to hide the weapon. the sewing girl can sew a cord into the jacket... the long haired girl could potentially hide a cord in the small cavity in the guitar... and possibly the keyboard girl could somehow hide one in the keyboard somehow

presumenothing: if a guitar string was used then the sewing option is probably out...

jimmy_kud0_tv: why? couldn't you sew a guitar string into a jacket?

presumenothing: a nylon string from a classical guitar perhaps, but a metal string from an electric guitar... would probably break the needle, I think?
ImageImage
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

2ch Japanese text spoilers

Break Next week
Spoiler:
FILE938 死角での犯行

絞殺の凶器は萩江のニット帽に編み込まれていた
犯人はドラムスティックを使い編み直した…犯人は留海
そもそも、曲の手直しは自宅でもできるし
スマホの画像に写る4人のうち
動かせないドラムと、どう動き回っても入りに行けるギター&ベースを除くと
位置取りで指示を出さなければいけないのはキーボード
ドラムと近すぎるとスマホで防犯カメラを遮れず
離れすぎれば今度は自分が映れない
萩江がドラムセットに突っ伏して寝る癖を知っていれば
飲み物に睡眠薬でも盛って殺害準備完了
留海が唯子から爪切りを借りたのは
自分の爪ではなくニット帽のポンポン飾りを切るため

留海は、朱音が死んだのは萩江のせいだと恨んでいた
朱音の声に深みがないと言い、声を枯らさせておきながら使えないから歌うなと
その後朱音は車に轢かれ死亡するが、留海はそれを苦に自殺したと思っていた
……が、唯子たちは知っていた
朱音はたまたま飛び出した子供を助けようとしてしくじったと
萩江が声の件で悔やんでいたと、もう少し待てば朱音の声も治るはずだったことも

ところで、真純が探偵をやっているのは兄の影響
ただし赤女事件の時の兄ではなく、さらに上の長兄、赤井秀一
そしてベースを真純に教えた男は兄が休暇で帰った際に会った友人だと思ってる
安室(いや彼は… 警視庁公安部の… 潜入捜査官… 君の兄に殺された男だよ…)
■安室と赤井の確執…2人の過去に何が…?
  次号、作者取材の為、休載です。■第51号につづく■
ImageImage
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Summary of the text spoilers
Spoiler:
Case-related parts
. The murder weapon was knitted in Hagie's knite hat
. The keyboard had to be moved to show up on the camera: if it was too close to the drums
it would be blocked by the phone. And if it was too far away it wouldn't show up
. Rumi is the culprit: she drugged the victim knowing her habit of sleeping on the drums
. She borrowed the nail clipper from Yuiko to cut off the "Ponpon" Ornament from the hat and use it as a weapon
. Motive is that she believed that Hagie was responsible for Akane's death since she'd told Akane that
her voice was withered and lacked depth and couldn't
. Akane was then run over by a car and Rumi thought it was an act of suicide because Hagie had
depressed her
. But in truth she failed to try to rescue a child who'd jumped into the road
. And her voice would eventually recover, anyway, so she had no reason to suicide
Plot-related parts
. Masumi became a detective influenced by her big brother
. And she doesn't mean the "brother" she brought up during the Red Woman case but Shuuichi, the oldest brother
. She thinks that Scotch was a friend Akai met when returning to Japan during a break
. But Amuro inwardly thinks "No... He was... an infiltrated agent of the... Police HQ's PSB... A man who was killed by your brother"
. Publisher's note: What happened in the past that made Akai and Amuro being antagonistic of each other?
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
So it's finally confirmed, Akai did kill Scotch.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
Not like it was a mystery to begin with, but good that we got clarification in the first Amuro case after the Scarlet Return.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Not like it was a mystery to begin with, but good that we got clarification in the first Amuro case after the Scarlet Return.
Spoiler:
Yeah, it was pretty obvious, but you know how Gosho drags things out before confirming them.
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

Spoiler:
so is Scotch's agency the same as Rei's?

Recently we've got cases with information of Mysterious Child, the 2nd brother, Rei, as well as Kuroda coming near and Ai's fangirling life so I hope that after the break there'd come a case with Subaru, or Gin :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)