Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 936–938

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 936–93X

Post by AICHAN »

Kahomi wrote:
Spoiler:
that Dandy Lion by Okino Yoko is used quite many times in the manga :)) Sonoko's band is going to rehearse that song too :)) wonder how it sounds like :))
LOL yeah,I told you,Haibara would have been perfect to sing this song XDXD

Anyway there are many Yoko Okino references lately...almost all the recent cases mentionned Yoko,this is weird in my opinion...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

Seems like the coloring of this chapter was not very carefully done. In some frames Rei's face wasn't fully colored as the part upper his eyebrows was still left white :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

A few panels from the raw with the original japanese text
Spoiler:
THE BROTHER HAS A FRIEND
THE FRIEND IS MALE
HAVE WE MET BEFORE?
SHINICHI ON VIOLIN
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kahomi

Post by Kahomi »

I think I'm so blessed to have read the chapter in my own language already XD
Spoiler:
In general besides Masumi and Rei's conversations that raise some more mystery, there's nothing special since the case's just happened :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kahomi wrote:
Spoiler:
that Dandy Lion by Okino Yoko is used quite many times in the manga :)) Sonoko's band is going to rehearse that song too :)) wonder how it sounds like :))
Spoiler:
Me, too. ;D

We probably won't get to see it until File 938, after the case is solved, though.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

937 Japanese text spoilers
Spoiler:
消された手がかり

通報を受けてきた目暮たちが現場検証&事情聴取
スマホは4人で位置を相談しながら設置した、常連なので店の人からは注意されず
貸しスタジオには付きものの"鏡張りの壁"は萩江が嫌がりカーテンを閉めていた
ひとまず監視カメラの映像を見ながら3人に話を聞く

最初に起こしに行ったのは唯子
部屋に忘れた裁縫道具を取りに行き、その際萩江に呼びかけたが起きず放置
ボタンだけではなく、袖口などのほつれも直したため10分ほどかかった
次に入ったのは染花
スタジオから借りたギターの弦が切れ
張り替えついでにチューニングの音で起こそうとしたが萩江は起きず
最後に留海が起こしに行く
直した曲は萩江には完成してから聞かせたいと
キーボードをそっと離し、音もできるだけ小さくして作業
その間も直し終わってから呼びかけても萩江は起きず

そして、30分過ぎても起きないのはおかしいと3人揃って起こしに行ったら事件が

真純はギターケースを背負った人を見て、秀兄を思い出す
4年前、駅のホームで秀兄を見つけて追いかけた
途中で真純は秀兄に見つかってしまい、帰れと言われて
お金もないし帰り方も分からないと嘘を言うと切符買ってやると置き去りにされた
そのとき、秀兄の連れの男が持っていたギターケースから
ベースを出して弾き方を教えてくれた
ソフトケースのはずなのに崩れず立ってたので何かの偽装かもしれないが
そして、彼を別の男がスコッチと呼んだのを覚えていた
呼んだ男の顔は帽子でよく見えなかったが、安室に似ている気がする

萩江は前のボーカル・首頭朱音(しゅとう あかね)を亡くしたことで
ほかのバンドに喧嘩を売られモメることが多かった
朱音は喉を潰して自殺したと言われているが、自殺ではなく交通事故とも
バンドを始めたのも萩江が朱音を見つけたからで
朱音は歌も楽器もできた半面、料理化粧裁縫など女の子らしいことはからっきし
留海が教えた編み物だけはなんとかモノになったようだが、唯子たちの方が上
コナンが動画を見たいと言うと留海がスマホを見せてくれる
警察は今回の事件に関係なさそうだとして返してくれたという
足元が見切れるから、という理由で縦向きに撮影
コナンたち(なるほどな… そういう事ですか…)
■名探偵が3人寄れば、謎は即解決!?
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kahomi

Post by Kahomi »

I tried Google Translate since I don't have any other way to understand the text.

And I fail to get what it's talking about :))
Spoiler:
But it seems like in her flashback Masumi heard the name Scotch and also saw someone looking like Rei.

Four years ago.
Edit: just read the translation for the flashback part.
Spoiler:
So the brother in question is Shuu. The friend teaching her guitar was Scotch. And those two and Rei were friends.

That may solve the problem of Shuu not knowing the name Rei if they befriended after Shuu entered the org.
Last edited by Kahomi on October 24th, 2015, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Spoilers for the non-case part of the file:
Spoiler:
Seeing a guy with a guitar case on his back reminds Sera of Shuuichi. 4 years ago, Masumi caught sight of her bro (Shuu-nii) on a train station platform and followed him, but Shuu-nii noticed her and told her to go home. She lied, saying she had no money and didn’t know how to get home, so he went and bought her a ticket, leaving her waiting there. His acquaintance, meanwhile, took the bass guitar out of the case he was carrying and taught her to play a bit.

The case in question was a soft case, but it kept standing despite being empty, so maybe it was disguising something…? And then some other guy calls the bass-teaching friend Scotch. She couldn’t see said other guy very well, 'cause he was wearing a hat, but he kinda looked like Amuro. (source: 2ch, as usual)
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Spoiler:
It seems the only thing that I got wrong was Shuukichi being the brother she's referring to. Well, while I don't mind it being Shuichi but that could've been something that made Shuukichi more plot-related, which would've been nice, but I guess it would've complicated things.
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Spoiler:
Seems like Scotch was a nice guy...Is it possible that he knew Akai was a spy from the beginning? I mean Akai trusted him enough to let his sister with him...I'm really curious to see why Akai had to kill Scotch.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Kahomi

Post by Kahomi »

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
Seems like Scotch was a nice guy...Is it possible that he knew Akai was a spy from the beginning? I mean Akai trusted him enough to let his sister with him...I'm really curious to see why Akai had to kill Scotch.
Spoiler:
maybe Shuu didn't kill him, but somehow created a situation (intentionally or not) that lead to him being killed .__.

Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

Am I the only one who is completely lost? I mean Sera met a guy but she forget who, Amuro met her before but pretending not to, and Shuu not knowing the pseudonym Rei etc... that's unnecessarily complicated and it gives headaches.
Anyway it's good the plot is moving but the more we know about sera the more we (or at least I) understand nothing.
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:Am I the only one who is completely lost? I mean Sera met a guy but she forget who, Amuro met her before but pretending not to, and Shuu not knowing the pseudonym Rei etc... that's unnecessarily complicated and it gives headaches.
Anyway it's good the plot is moving but the more we know about sera the more we (or at least I) understand nothing.
But Sera does remember the guys she met with Shuichi 4 years ago (the flashback was hers after all).
And Amuro might not be pretending. I mean the chances of remembering someone you saw for a few seconds in a train station 4 years ago are quite slim.

You understand nothing because instead of solving the mysteries in this manga, Gosho only adds new mysteries. You, myself and probably everyone are suffering from the mystery overload syndrome.
But I hope this case might be the start (the start is all I can hope for :p) of a solution to the Bourbon-Shuichi mystery; that is why Bourbon holds a grudge against Shuichi.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

TanteiSa wrote: And Amuro might not be pretending. I mean the chances of remembering someone you saw for a few seconds in a train station 4 years ago are quite slim.
Amuro saw Masumi and seemed to recognize her at Detective's Nocturne
After that he approached her dressed as Scar Akai to test her to see if she knew about Akai
ImageImage
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

He and Vermouth worked as Scar Akai so he definitely knows of Masumi. I think he's found out that she's Akai's sister years ago when investigating him.