Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-935

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-93X

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
Producer Harawaki's death video just seems to accurate to actually be faked. It would be incredibly difficult to get him to wear the correct clothes and get it all right about how he died and such. Its more likely that he was planning to film himself faking suicide and someone messed with the bottle or the container of the poison so he got poisoned for real. For example, someone could have delivered the water bottle to him with the poison already on it, while the poison container might not have actually had poison in it. Conan mentions that the poison container was labeled "potassium cyanide" but they did not indicate whether they actually checked the container itself for its contents.

Chances are, Producer Harawaki probably knew the way the trick of hiding the younger brother worked. Most likely he created a situation where the person could not get out of the place he was hiding in, and attempted to scratch his way out, causing the fingernail damage. He then probably created the situation where the actress Kawabata became ill. If he refused to go back so that he could take care of her, then this creates a situation where none of the other people can leave as well because they can't drive... (that's still not enough reason that one of them couldn't have called the police though... unless they were also in a location with no cell service like the current location) The body was probably hidden in some kind of crawl space beneath the floor covered over by a piece of furniture, or in a false back for the dresser in the corner that can't be opened from the inside when its up against the wall. Since Harawaki moved the dresser, chances are the placement of the dresser is key to how the body was hidden and locked into place until starved.

I'm still not quite sure why Kyouko was killed. It probably has something to do with her figuring out the trick and having knowledge of the missing footage from the past. As she is a camera person, she probably has knowledge of cameras which we, and the rest of the group, may not have. If she had figured out the trick, and was refusing to talk until the police arrived, then this is more than enough reason to kill her to make sure that she doesn't talk to anyone. I don't think this murder was premeditated. It just seems awkward to me that the story they are trying to get us to believe is that someone who died from drinking poison just turned into a zombie. Something just seems off about it..... which is weird, because if this one hadn't been planned, then why wasn't it easier to catch or possibly interrupted? The people where all conveniently in separate rooms and didn't join together until possibly after the murder?

As for the trick, the blood splatter on Harawaki's face does not line up correctly, and something about the face in general doesn't seem the same as the face in the image before it. In addition to this, Kyouko's mouth is closed in one frame and open in the next. One of the things I noticed about all of the panels that we see of the "zombie" in the video on page 14 of 933 is that no matter what, you can't see the murderer's right hand. The person even walks backward towards the camera rather than turning around and walking towards it. Then suddenly we cut to the top of the next page and get an up close image of the face where we can see the right hand moving the camera phone. If anything, I think that the first half of the video is completely real and was filmed "today" and shows us someone wearing the same clothes as Producer Harawaki and shows them walking up with the cutter-knife in their right hand and stab her in the neck and then walk slowly backward with the knife still in their right hand so that we can't see it. Then there mist be a cut of some kind where there is a way to insert the face of the Producer in zombie makeup the way it is shown. As for the odd shape in the wall, the diagonal-down-right line, I think its possible that the killer may have noticed that the blood had some kind of identifying print in it that proved who they really were and removed it, which is why its not there in the room when the suspects all find the body. (continued below the images).
ImageImage
Also I think that this phone is the killer's phone, and the killer is Baishou Orie, the lights staff person. Chances are, in this instance in order to have the phone already set up when Kyouko ran into the room and to manipulate the situation best, she would have had to use her own phone. I believe that the reason the Producer rotated the phone so that it was facing down toward the floor is that he wanted to try to indicate the light, the flash, on the phone. Kyouko, as a camera person, and one who has knowledge of the footage from the past as well, may have put all the pieces together. This is why she was killed. Orie may not have noticed the flash itself, but did notice that the camera was flipped so that it has black screen. When committing the second murder, she copied this action to try to make it seem like he was doing the same thing again. The body of the Producer though is probably in the same location as where the younger brother's body in the past was hidden until he starved to death.

Chances are, next file we will get something like Baishou Orie getting attacked by the Producer zombie somehow. If she did use her phone during the trick to kill Kyouko, its possible that she may use Kyouko's phone for this. However I kind of question if we will see the Producer again, whether on film or otherwise. Now that his body may be hidden, it would be really difficult to maneuver it well.

Also, just like in the last case.... she has different glasses in the present day than the ones in the flashback. Willing to give benefit of a doubt on that though since there is an 8 year gap and people do get new glasses occasionally.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Producer Harawaki's death video just seems to accurate to actually be faked. It would be incredibly difficult to get him to wear the correct clothes and get it all right about how he died and such. Its more likely that he was planning to film himself faking suicide and someone messed with the bottle or the container of the poison so he got poisoned for real. For example, someone could have delivered the water bottle to him with the poison already on it, while the poison container might not have actually had poison in it. Conan mentions that the poison container was labeled "potassium cyanide" but they did not indicate whether they actually checked the container itself for its contents.

Chances are, Producer Harawaki probably knew the way the trick of hiding the younger brother worked. Most likely he created a situation where the person could not get out of the place he was hiding in, and attempted to scratch his way out, causing the fingernail damage. He then probably created the situation where the actress Kawabata became ill. If he refused to go back so that he could take care of her, then this creates a situation where none of the other people can leave as well because they can't drive... (that's still not enough reason that one of them couldn't have called the police though... unless they were also in a location with no cell service like the current location) The body was probably hidden in some kind of crawl space beneath the floor covered over by a piece of furniture, or in a false back for the dresser in the corner that can't be opened from the inside when its up against the wall. Since Harawaki moved the dresser, chances are the placement of the dresser is key to how the body was hidden and locked into place until starved.

I'm still not quite sure why Kyouko was killed. It probably has something to do with her figuring out the trick and having knowledge of the missing footage from the past. As she is a camera person, she probably has knowledge of cameras which we, and the rest of the group, may not have. If she had figured out the trick, and was refusing to talk until the police arrived, then this is more than enough reason to kill her to make sure that she doesn't talk to anyone. I don't think this murder was premeditated. It just seems awkward to me that the story they are trying to get us to believe is that someone who died from drinking poison just turned into a zombie. Something just seems off about it..... which is weird, because if this one hadn't been planned, then why wasn't it easier to catch or possibly interrupted? The people where all conveniently in separate rooms and didn't join together until possibly after the murder?

As for the trick, the blood splatter on Harawaki's face does not line up correctly, and something about the face in general doesn't seem the same as the face in the image before it. In addition to this, Kyouko's mouth is closed in one frame and open in the next. One of the things I noticed about all of the panels that we see of the "zombie" in the video on page 14 of 933 is that no matter what, you can't see the murderer's right hand. The person even walks backward towards the camera rather than turning around and walking towards it. Then suddenly we cut to the top of the next page and get an up close image of the face where we can see the right hand moving the camera phone. If anything, I think that the first half of the video is completely real and was filmed "today" and shows us someone wearing the same clothes as Producer Harawaki and shows them walking up with the cutter-knife in their right hand and stab her in the neck and then walk slowly backward with the knife still in their right hand so that we can't see it. Then there mist be a cut of some kind where there is a way to insert the face of the Producer in zombie makeup the way it is shown. As for the odd shape in the wall, the diagonal-down-right line, I think its possible that the killer may have noticed that the blood had some kind of identifying print in it that proved who they really were and removed it, which is why its not there in the room when the suspects all find the body. (continued below the images).
ImageImage
Also I think that this phone is the killer's phone, and the killer is Baishou Orie, the lights staff person. Chances are, in this instance in order to have the phone already set up when Kyouko ran into the room and to manipulate the situation best, she would have had to use her own phone. I believe that the reason the Producer rotated the phone so that it was facing down toward the floor is that he wanted to try to indicate the light, the flash, on the phone. Kyouko, as a camera person, and one who has knowledge of the footage from the past as well, may have put all the pieces together. This is why she was killed. Orie may not have noticed the flash itself, but did notice that the camera was flipped so that it has black screen. When committing the second murder, she copied this action to try to make it seem like he was doing the same thing again. The body of the Producer though is probably in the same location as where the younger brother's body in the past was hidden until he starved to death.

Chances are, next file we will get something like Baishou Orie getting attacked by the Producer zombie somehow. If she did use her phone during the trick to kill Kyouko, its possible that she may use Kyouko's phone for this. However I kind of question if we will see the Producer again, whether on film or otherwise. Now that his body may be hidden, it would be really difficult to maneuver it well.

Also, just like in the last case.... she has different glasses in the present day than the ones in the flashback. Willing to give benefit of a doubt on that though since there is an 8 year gap and people do get new glasses occasionally.
Spoiler:
I think you've got it.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Spoiler:
I agree with most of your points, but I'm not convinced the second video was shot "today". For starters, why is Kyouko standing so still when some guy/girl with a cutter knife in their hand is coming her way? She isn't making any sort of attempt to run away or to protect herself. If - like you said - the first half of the video was real, why would she just lay back and wait for the knife to cut her? If you think back, the guy who died - Naito, said that they would do a mystery film where a trick is actually used and the zombie actually turns out to be a normal human being.

So wouldn't it make more sense if this scene was part of the lost footage they shot for that mystery movie? Maybe in the mystery movie there was a scene where the zombie is shown to bite the victim, but later it turns out that he's actually stabbed her - which is the trick that Naito is talking about? So it makes sense that that scene doesn't show the zombie's right arm - because they can't let the intended audience see that he's holding a knife. It also explains why her shirt was discarded, because the killer- Orie - wanted to sync it with the video.

Also, what is the diagonal line on the wall you're talking about? I didn't get that part.
megamind1988

Post by megamind1988 »

Spoiler:
you mean the culprit is orie baisho?
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

PirateKing wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Spoiler:
I agree with most of your points, but I'm not convinced the second video was shot "today". For starters, why is Kyouko standing so still when some guy/girl with a cutter knife in their hand is coming her way? She isn't making any sort of attempt to run away or to protect herself. If - like you said - the first half of the video was real, why would she just lay back and wait for the knife to cut her? If you think back, the guy who died - Naito, said that they would do a mystery film where a trick is actually used and the zombie actually turns out to be a normal human being.

So wouldn't it make more sense if this scene was part of the lost footage they shot for that mystery movie? Maybe in the mystery movie there was a scene where the zombie is shown to bite the victim, but later it turns out that he's actually stabbed her - which is the trick that Naito is talking about? So it makes sense that that scene doesn't show the zombie's right arm - because they can't let the intended audience see that he's holding a knife. It also explains why her shirt was discarded, because the killer- Orie - wanted to sync it with the video.

Also, what is the diagonal line on the wall you're talking about? I didn't get that part.
Spoiler:
I should've put down, in my last post, "You've got it, except maybe for her disguising as the producer." I still don't think she could've pulled that off—mind explaining how she could've disguised herself so well? You'd think she'd have some type of makeup background, like the culprit in the Mermaid's Curse case (File 279–File 283). We see the producer's jaw as he turns towards the camera.

The reason that Kyoko was killed (besides the murderer wanting to do it), was because Gosho couldn't have her reveal that they'd shot actual footage that involved the producer attacking her.
@megamind1988

Please put spoiler quotes on your last post—like this:
megamind1988 wrote:
Spoiler:
you mean the culprit is orie baisho?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

PirateKing wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They didn't necessarily say that the Zombie would turn out to be a human being. What the person said was that "I'm not saying we should get rid of the zombies... we'll have a trick where the real murderer turns out to be a normal human being". Which to me, sounds like they would have had two characters running about, an actual zombie(s) (since its a movie), and a "real murderer".

If this footage on the phone is the missing footage from the past, why don't all of the other characters recognize it since they were there to help film that movie? If the other characters were not there when that scene was filmed, then how do you explain how the murderer knew about the footage in order to steal it?Also, how would the murderer get the missing footage from 8 years ago on to a cell phone video?

The diagonal line thing that is present on the video images on the left, but not present on the actual wall on the right
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
We see the producer's jaw as he turns towards the camera.
Spoiler:
yes, but the blood on the face while the person is turning, does not line up with the blood on their face when facing the camera
suggesting two different faces, or the same face at two different times. there is something wrong with it there.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They didn't necessarily say that the Zombie would turn out to be a human being. What the person said was that "I'm not saying we should get rid of the zombies... we'll have a trick where the real murderer turns out to be a normal human being". Which to me, sounds like they would have had two characters running about, an actual zombie(s) (since its a movie), and a "real murderer".

If this footage on the phone is the missing footage from the past, why don't all of the other characters recognize it since they were there to help film that movie? If the other characters were not there when that scene was filmed, then how do you explain how the murderer knew about the footage in order to steal it?Also, how would the murderer get the missing footage from 8 years ago on to a cell phone video?

The diagonal line thing that is present on the video images on the left, but not present on the actual wall on the right
Spoiler:
We see the producer's jaw as he turns towards the camera.
Spoiler:
yes, but the blood on the face while the person is turning, does not line up with the blood on their face when facing the camera
suggesting two different faces, or the same face at two different times. there is something wrong with it there.
Spoiler:
To be honest, the problem I have with your suggestion is that you say she disguised herself well enough to fool Kyoko—Orie, a lighting staff person, who must've had a makeup background, which is not mentioned? Unless this detail is revealed in the next file, I still don't buy that she disguised herself.
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Looking at the phone footage again, I noticed something that supports the whole "Footage from lost movie" theory. As the director's face is shown, I don't see the little beard he has, which is shown when Kazuha, Ran and Kogoro go into the room with the body.

EDIT: Decided to add an image to show what I mean.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
To be honest, the problem I have with your suggestion is that you say she disguised herself well enough to fool Kyoko—Orie, a lighting staff person, who must've had a makeup background, which is not mentioned? Unless this detail is revealed in the next file, I still don't buy that she disguised herself.
Spoiler:
Vodka was never said to have had a background in makeup
but he made a zombie mask of his face for off-season halloween party
*me scraping bottom of barrel* :P
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
The case is in Gunma—enter Yamamura... ::)

There's something about Kyoko's shirt being important (on point, Jimmy!).

Apparently, Yamamura does something that leads Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to getting that "solved the case" expression.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
The case is in Gunma—enter Yamamura... ::)

There's something about Kyoko's shirt being important (on point, Jimmy!).

Apparently, Yamamura does something that leads Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to getting that "solved the case" expression.
a bit more
Spoiler:
Presumenothing: heiji asks the zombies outside if anything left/entered by the window

Presumenothing: iirc yamamura's rosary broke, the beads fell into the open top drawer but came out of the bottom one, leading to conan and heiji's "naru hodo" moment
ImageImage
wrd

Post by wrd »

Spoiler:
Getting to the "naru hodo" moment already ? meaning no 3rd victim :'( ?
(Yes the one in the past doesn't count :-X )

OMG Yamamura ! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

wrd wrote:
Spoiler:
Getting to the "naru hodo" moment already ? meaning no 3rd victim :'( ?
(Yes the one in the past doesn't count :-X )

OMG Yamamura ! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Spoiler:
Depends, there could be some kind of twist that they hadn't thought of yet which results in another victim next chapter.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
If I understand what was said in Cbox right, then the text spoilers also said that 935 will be the case resolution, so I doubt there'll be another victim.
DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
With 934 out, it seems that the cabinet was key to the trick behind the murder of the director's brother. With no translation, my guess is that when the beads in Yamamura's... charm?... fell into the drawers, it was something about them rolling around in there and not being visible that led Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to figure things out.

Sleeping Yamamura? Last time he was in a Heiji case, Shinichi/Conan and Heiji didn't make use of him, so it's up in the air whether Shinichi/Conan will put him to sleep or not. You'd think Shinichi/Conan wouldn't dare, considering he's responsible for making this "hack" an inspector, in the first place.

Gosho will probably take a break after next week's file, I think.