Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-935

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
PirateKing

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-93X

Post by PirateKing »

Spoiler:
Simple explanation for Naito Jouji's locked room disappearance?

According to Ninomiya, he and Ria watched from the window while Harawaki, Kyouko and Orie watched the door. In ten minutes, Naito disappeared.

But what if the trio at the door were in league with Naito? They took the ten minutes to hide him someplace (which I'll try to guess in a minute) and then acted innocent while they searched for him in the room, where he obviously wasn't present. So basically Ninomiya and Ria were fooled by Hawaraki, Kyouko and Orie who were "accomplices" of Naito and helped him leave the room when they were supposed to be guarding it. I'm not sure of the reason, though.

The cramped position that the body is in suggests that he was stuck somewhere there isn't any space, right? Judging by the position of the body three days later, and the injuries to the fingernails where he attempted to claw his way out of something, I venture that the hiding place was the trunk of Harawaki's car. Possibly Harawaki and the other two who were watching the door took Naito to the car via the back entrance or something earlier, and then Harawaki - either helped by the other two or not - drugged him and left him locked up in the back of the car where he eventually starved to death?

Going back to the three accomplices - Harawaki, Kyoukou and Orie - Harawaki dies first, and going by translations of 933, Kyoukou is already dead. So I'm guessing Orie is the killer (who didn't know that Harawaki would kill Naito) and she's killing the others to get revenge.

Just my thoughts.
Tenryu

Post by Tenryu »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
yes I was saying that the murderer disguised.

what I was trying to say is that if there is old footage being used, how did the murderer find out about the footage existing, but that the other members do not know about it? If anyone knew that there had been footage like this, wouldn't they recognize it and know that it wouldn't have been recorded recently

If the Camera Woman had helped film that scene in which she was killed sometime in the past, would it not be possible that she would have had knowledge of the other video, the producer killing himself, which would be the context for why he is a zombie in the second film? If she had known about those two recordings, why wouldn't she have said anything?

Also, how would you explain that the phones were still recording? Conan and Heiji's voices were recorded on the end of the recording. Is it actually possible to put a recording on a phone and place the camera phone at about the same angle, and then continue recording on the same file?

Apparently there is footage missing from a film they tried to make 8 years ago, that film was meant to be a zombie horror movie, but the younger brother guy suddenly suggested that they do a mystery genera movie instead. The camera woman says in 932 that if they could see the footage from the movie back then, they might be able to discover why the producer suicided, however, she refuses to elaborate on how.

apparently the camera woman did not change shirt, she was wearing two shirts, the top layer shirt that she was wearing is now on the floor next to where the producer's body was, along with a blood covered pen-knife.
Spoiler:
I find it strange as to why the camera needs to be flipped and thus it ends up as black video with sound only. As for recording on a phone and continue recording on the same file, isn't it possible if you pause the video recording? It's especially easy with the black screen. Obviously it's a really forced theory since that means the murderer needs to prepare it for a while.

I still think the video is a trick because of that strange ending.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
If they were shot in the past, and that the producer is dead, how would you explain that the murderer knows about the videos, but that all of the other suspects don't know? If they were from the past, presumably the camera woman would have known about the first video as the context for the second one. Why wouldn't she have said anything?

we really need all of 932 translated, there are so many reactions that all of the suspects make that make me think that we are missing stuff.
Spoiler:
Yes, we need File 932 translated.

Are you saying that the murderer disguised themselves as a zombified producer?... that's a pretty good disguise for a non-makeup person. Plus, I don't get your point about the knowledge of the videos—do you mind explaining what you're getting at?
Presumenothing did some more partial translating and summarizing!!!
http://presumenothing.tumblr.com/post/1 ... es-932-933
Obviously there are spoilers at the link
Spoiler:

what I was trying to say is that if there is old footage being used, how did the murderer find out about the footage existing, but that the other members do not know about it? If anyone knew that there had been footage like this, wouldn't they recognize it and know that it wouldn't have been recorded recently

If the Camera Woman had helped film that scene in which she was killed sometime in the past, would it not be possible that she would have had knowledge of the other video, the producer killing himself, which would be the context for why he is a zombie in the second film? If she had known about those two recordings, why wouldn't she have said anything?

Also, how would you explain that the phones were still recording? Conan and Heiji's voices were recorded on the end of the recording. Is it actually possible to put a recording on a phone and place the camera phone at about the same angle, and then continue recording on the same file?

Apparently there is footage missing from a film they tried to make 8 years ago, that film was meant to be a zombie horror movie, but the younger brother guy suddenly suggested that they do a mystery genera movie instead. The camera woman says in 932 that if they could see the footage from the movie back then, they might be able to discover why the producer suicided, however, she refuses to elaborate on how.

apparently the camera woman did not change shirt, she was wearing two shirts, the top layer shirt that she was wearing is now on the floor next to where the producer's body was, along with a blood covered pen-knife.
Spoiler:
Sorry, I don't buy the fact that someone disguised as the producer—that disguise is just too good.

Of course the camera woman couldn't say anything—it would reveal who the murderer is, and that would be the end of the case.

I was only talking about the video of the camerawoman's murder being from years ago, not the producer's death video—likely, that was planned by the murderer.
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:

According to Ninomiya, he and Ria watched from the window while Harawaki, Kyouko and Orie watched the door. In ten minutes, Naito disappeared.

But what if the trio at the door were in league with Naito? They took the ten minutes to hide him someplace (which I'll try to guess in a minute) and then acted innocent while they searched for him in the room, where he obviously wasn't present. So basically Ninomiya and Ria were fooled by Hawaraki, Kyouko and Orie who were "accomplices" of Naito and helped him leave the room when they were supposed to be guarding it. I'm not sure of the reason, though.

The cramped position that the body is in suggests that he was stuck somewhere there isn't any space, right? Judging by the position of the body three days later, and the injuries to the fingernails where he attempted to claw his way out of something, I venture that the hiding place was the trunk of Harawaki's car. Possibly Harawaki and the other two who were watching the door took Naito to the car via the back entrance or something earlier, and then Harawaki - either helped by the other two or not - drugged him and left him locked up in the back of the car where he eventually starved to death?

Going back to the three accomplices - Harawaki, Kyoukou and Orie - Harawaki dies first, and going by translations of 933, Kyoukou is already dead. So I'm guessing Orie is the killer (who didn't know that Harawaki would kill Naito) and she's killing the others to get revenge.

Just my thoughts.
Spoiler:
This sounds plausible. Plus, the lighting staff woman (Orie) has been the least suspicious by far—that's classic Gosho, portraying the culprit as the least suspicious.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Tenryu wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I find it strange as to why the camera needs to be flipped and thus it ends up as black video with sound only. As for recording on a phone and continue recording on the same file, isn't it possible if you pause the video recording? It's especially easy with the black screen. Obviously it's a really forced theory since that means the murderer needs to prepare it for a while.

I still think the video is a trick because of that strange ending.
Spoiler:
But doesn't the phone belong to the victim? How would the murderer get the phone with the recording on it and pause the recording after doing the fake death scene and then get it restarted just in time for Conan and Heiji to come in 50 mins later?

Do phones actually have the ability to pause a recording and then start the recording up again on the same file? All of my devices that I have seem to automatically save the recording as a file on its own if you attempt to stop the recording, and then start a new file when you hit the recording button again. If phones have this capability, then I am unaware of it. My phone is still about 2-3 years out of date though, so its possible that something like that exists.....

I'm actually genuinely curious about this because I have never seen that happen.
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:

Just my thoughts.
Spoiler:
This sounds plausible. Plus, the lighting staff woman (Orie) has been the least suspicious by far—that's classic Gosho, portraying the culprit as the least suspicious.
Spoiler:
How is she the least suspicious? She has done some of the classic Gosho things
The first part of the below is what I said on DCW a few days ago
- She is the first person to say that they don't want any people to be at the house with them (931, p10)
- She checks on Kogoro and the gang when they are in the room tending to Kogoro (931, p12)
- She tells them to call for break between the filming of the current scenes and the night scene, just in time for the zombies arrival (931, p14)
- She speaks for the younger brother by saying what she thinks would make him happy (his older brother being there) (931, p15)
- The way she reacted when they first mentioned that the producer was dead (932, p2)
- She repeats that the producer committed suicide after Conan and friends had walked away from the recording (932, p6)
- In the first part of the flashback she is the one who mentions that the younger brother wanted to do a zombie film (932, p10)
- as pointed out above, she and the two current victims were the ones to search the room (932, p11)
- She is the one who told the story of the trick in the past, and is insistent that there is no way that he could have been in the room (932, p11)
- When Heiji says that its possible that someone carried the younger brother's body there, she immediately says that it was impossible (932, p12)
- When camera woman says that they might find out something about the mystery of the current suicide, she reacts and wants to know what the camera woman knows. Then she immeditaly goes to talk to the director guy and we are not shown what they talk about (932, p14)
- when the zombies so appear, 933 p4, out of all the suspects, hers is the only face that is partially covered, to not reveal to us that she is not surprised about the zombies
- When they find the body of the camera woman, she is the only one not kneeling down to see if the camera woman is alright, because she knows that she is dead. (933, p12)
- When Conan points out the second cellphone, she is the only one in frame responding to it (933, 13)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
PirateKing

Post by PirateKing »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
PirateKing wrote:
Spoiler:

Just my thoughts.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
- She is the first person to say that they don't want any people to be at the house with them (931, p10)
- She checks on Kogoro and the gang when they are in the room tending to Kogoro (931, p12)
- She tells them to call for break between the filming of the current scenes and the night scene, just in time for the zombies arrival (931, p14)
- She speaks for the younger brother by saying what she thinks would make him happy (his older brother being there) (931, p15)
- The way she reacted when they first mentioned that the producer was dead (932, p2)
- She repeats that the producer committed suicide after Conan and friends had walked away from the recording (932, p6)
- In the first part of the flashback she is the one who mentions that the younger brother wanted to do a zombie film (932, p10)
- as pointed out above, she and the two current victims were the ones to search the room (932, p11)
- She is the one who told the story of the trick in the past, and is insistent that there is no way that he could have been in the room (932, p11)
- When Heiji says that its possible that someone carried the younger brother's body there, she immediately says that it was impossible (932, p12)
- When camera woman says that they might find out something about the mystery of the current suicide, she reacts and wants to know what the camera woman knows. Then she immeditaly goes to talk to the director guy and we are not shown what they talk about (932, p14)
- when the zombies so appear, 933 p4, out of all the suspects, hers is the only face that is partially covered, to not reveal to us that she is not surprised about the zombies
- When they find the body of the camera woman, she is the only one not kneeling down to see if the camera woman is alright, because she knows that she is dead. (933, p12)
- When Conan points out the second cellphone, she is the only one in frame responding to it (933, 13)
Spoiler:
I wouldn't be surprised if Orie tries to injure herself and make it seem like the "murderer" tried to kill her and she got away with just an injury. If my earlier theory is correct (which I hope it is) her targets are only Harawaki and Kyouko, who are now both dead. So it seems the murders have now stopped, so the next chapter (934) will probably be a bit of background and Heiji+Conan searching for clues. The chapter will probably end with either Orie lying injured or Heiji and Conan declaring that they have solved the mystery. I believe it will be the former.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You misunderstood me—by "least suspicious" I didn't mean the least suspicious to you and me, I meant least suspicious to the person who didn't notice all the things you just pointed out.

I agree that she's the number one suspect for the murderer of this case.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
megamind1988

Post by megamind1988 »

are you shure the culprit is the camerawoman?
DCUniverseAficionado

megamind1988 wrote:are you shure the culprit is the camerawoman?
Uh, no one said she was the culprit... and why aren't you using spoiler tags?
Spoiler:
Plus, she was murdered in File 933.

We were saying the lighting staff woman was the culprit.
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

Spoiler:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Do phones actually have the ability to pause a recording and then start the recording up again on the same file? All of my devices that I have seem to automatically save the recording as a file on its own if you attempt to stop the recording, and then start a new file when you hit the recording button again. If phones have this capability, then I am unaware of it. My phone is still about 2-3 years out of date though, so its possible that something like that exists.....
Yes, the recording function in recent phones does have that ability. There is a PAUSE button. My phone is about 1,5 years into its release, and it also has that feature.
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Those Samsung looking phones Gosho has in DC right now should all have that type of function.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Kahomi wrote:
Spoiler:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Yes, the recording function in recent phones does have that ability. There is a PAUSE button. My phone is about 1,5 years into its release, and it also has that feature.
k11chi wrote:Those Samsung looking phones Gosho has in DC right now should all have that type of function.
Huh, the phone I have is a generic samsung smart phone, but its kind of out of date, and when you are recording a video there is only one button that you can push and it turns off the recording. Then it asks whether you want to save, delete or send the file. (Actually I just looked up my phone by model and its 5 years out of date)
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Little detail about Ch. 933: Heiji calls Conan “Kudo” twice in front of the zombies, never Conan-kun. When they talk to them after the battle, he doesn’t call him by neither Conan-kun nor Kudo, so the zombies will probably assume that “Kudo” is the name of the child that they’ve met.

And here’s the kicker: Conan told Ran to talk to the zombies about calling the police and she appears to be doing that, because she is not with Heiji, Kazuha, Conan and the filmcrew for the rest of the chapter. Which means that Ran is alone with the zombies, that probably think that the name of the little child is “Kudo” because the dark skinned teen (who the boy only calls “Hattori”) addressed him with that. I wonder if something will happen with that?
DCUniverseAficionado

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Little detail about Ch. 933: Heiji calls Conan “Kudo” twice in front of the zombies, never Conan-kun. When they talk to them after the battle, he doesn’t call him by neither Conan-kun nor Kudo, so the zombies will probably assume that “Kudo” is the name of the child that they’ve met.

And here’s the kicker: Conan told Ran to talk to the zombies about calling the police and she appears to be doing that, because she is not with Heiji, Kazuha, Conan and the filmcrew for the rest of the chapter. Which means that Ran is alone with the zombies, that probably think that the name of the little child is “Kudo” because the dark skinned teen (who the boy only calls “Hattori”) addressed him with that. I wonder if something will happen with that?
Spoiler:
Here's hoping... but I'm not going to hold my breath if there's yet another way out for Shinichi/Conan.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Spoiler:
Here's hoping... but I'm not going to hold my breath if there's yet another way out for Shinichi/Conan.
Spoiler:
It'll probably go something like this

Heiji: Yes! I nicknamed this kid "kudo" because he likes to copy me, exactly like the real Kudo!

ImageImage
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It'll probably go something like this

Heiji: Yes! I nicknamed this kid "kudo" because he likes to copy me, exactly like the real Kudo!

ImageImage
Spoiler:
In all probability, it'll merely be a minor variation of what you just suggested.