Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-935

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-93X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Max1996 wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
That's why Harawaki doesn't have a beard
Spoiler:
I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed that detail.
Spoiler:
The beard detail? Perhaps. Point is, the video was 8-years old.
Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
The culprit was Ria.
Spoiler:
She was my second guess—anyone thought she was the culprit, before this? Gosho got the people who thought it was Orie good, myself, included.
Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, Hattori nearly confesses to Kazuha, but is interrupted by some zombie extras who got the audition time wrong. (Surprise, surprise :V)

Kazuha: Ya had somethin' important to tell me, right?
Heiji: Kazuha, I've been thinkin' this fer quite a while now... The truth is…
*enter zombies*
Spoiler:
It seems the locale of a zombie movie was a place Heiji thought was good to confess... but Gosho wouldn't let that happen.

Yeah, DC characters being kept from revealing/resolving things... such a shocker. ::)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-935

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Here is the full text from 2ch in Japanese, just in case anyone wanted to see it.
Spoiler:
FILE935 灯台下暗し

山村はゾンビを犯人にしようとしてるので、コナン&服部が証拠固めを急ぐ

2台のスマホに写っていた動画は8年前の映像だった
その証拠に動画の原脇Pにはヒゲがなく恭子の服にはEの文字
なくなったトイレットペーパーは
封筒の中身を透かし見するために使われていた
服部が洋服ダンスの引き出しを2段とも抜き
中板を外し奥を探ると台車に載った原脇Pの遺体
このギミックは丞治が8年前に作ったもので
当時それと知らずに一同がタンスを動かしたせいで丞治は死ぬまで出られなかった
ただ一人、それを知っていたのは今回の犯人・理亜
コナンにベッドの下を捜させたのは低い目線でタンスの中がバレるのを避けるため

まさかの脱出劇失敗、機転を利かせ丞治が突然現れたかのようにふるまったが
丞治は理亜の仕業だと思い恨み言をタンス一面に書き連ねていた
それを見た原脇Pに脅されたのが元で理亜は原脇Pを殺害
さらにトリックに感づきかけた恭子も殺害した

ロードサービスの人に給油してもらい、服部たちがバイクで帰る
蘭が見送ろうとするがコナンは気を利かせて蘭を止める
和葉「大事な話あるんと違うの?」
服部「和葉… こら前から思てた事やけど… 実はなぁ…」
いい雰囲気になるはずが、日付間違えたオーディション参加者のせいで台無し
■コナンのアシストで告白…ならず! 次号、作者取材の為、休載です。■第47号につづく■
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

Spoiler:
Gosho's trick to avoid Heiji's confession to Kazuha was ridiculous, it's obvious that he's running out of ideas to avoid that confession, there's no reason to postpone it except the status quo (just another proof that DC will never end).
What's going to happen next time? Heiji will want to confess to Kazuha but due to Conan's fart, he'll say nothing? XD
That was a good case anyway (as always with Heiji).
Last edited by Shinichi Edogawa on October 5th, 2015, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Gosho's trick to avoid Heiji's confession to Kazuha was ridiculous, it's obvious that he's running out of ideas to avoid that confession, there's no reason to report it except the status quo.
What's going to happen next time? Heiji will want to confess to Kazuha but due to Conan's fart, he'll say nothing? XD
Spoiler:
Hey, it's classic Gosho (well, since the Bourbon arc, anyway)—drag stuff out. I guess he did it to show that Heiji's ready and far from the dense guy he was from the 180s to the 400s. Here's a thought—have Heiji vs Kid... in Paris! A confession at the Eiffel Tower is quite the counterpart to a confession beneath Big Ben. That way, people who want Heiji Vs. Kid, too, can enjoy things—plus, it'd be perfect for Kaito/Kaitou Kid II to be in Paris. He faced off against Chat Noïr, but still hasn't been to Paris.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Gosho's trick to avoid Heiji's confession to Kazuha was ridiculous, it's obvious that he's running out of ideas to avoid that confession, there's no reason to report it except the status quo.
Spoiler:
Hey, it's classic Gosho (well, since the Bourbon arc, anyway)—drag stuff out. I guess he did it to show that Heiji's ready and far from the dense guy he was from the 180s to the 400s. Here's a thought—have Heiji vs Kid... in Paris! A confession at the Eiffel Tower is quite the counterpart to a confession beneath Big Ben. That way, people who want Heiji Vs. Kid, too, can enjoy things—plus, it'd be perfect for Kaito/Kaitou Kid II to be in Paris. He faced off against Chat Noïr, but still hasn't been to Paris.
Spoiler:
Ok let's say he wants a good place for the confession (actually this is a good idea like you said), when is it going to happen? Gosho has thousand stuff to resolve - and it's not a metaphor, how is he going to manage all the romantic couples and the BO stuff?
For me it's just a proof that Gosho want to drag the story forever until he dies or is not in condition to continue it. At that point of the story, there is no credibility anymore in the behavior of the characters and in the story : the BO seems weak with all those spies and Conan super allies, the characters can't talk normally with each other when it comes to the BO (it was like that before but that was not ridiculous like nowadays when all they can do are suspicious looks and questions like "what if? Is she? Did I saw her before?"
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Ok let's say he wants a good place for the confession (actually this is a good idea like you said), when is it going to happen? Gosho has thousand stuff to resolve - and it's not a metaphor, how is he going to manage all the romantic couples and the BO stuff?
Since there's one Heiji case each year, if anything's going to happen we still have to wait until next year. But let's be honest here…
After next year's Heiji case, we'll wait another year, then another and another and another until Gosho dies without resolving anything for us.
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

According to the file, the trick to reading the contents of the envelope without opening it seems to involve
Spoiler:
a roll of toilet paper.
How does this work?
DCUniverseAficionado

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:it's just a proof that Gosho want to drag the story forever until he dies or is not in condition to continue it.
TanteiSa wrote:But let's be honest here… we'll wait another year, then another and another and another until Gosho dies without resolving anything for us.
I'm just going to put it out there that if the Bourbon arc hadn't lasted so long, this kind of attitude would not be so prevalent—say what you will about quality of mystery or plot... this is about length. There's declining quality... and then there's declining quality and staggering wait times.

Gosho Aoyama is 52—depending on health issues, he could live from anywhere from 5 to even 40 years. As much as he likes to do it, do you really think he wants to spend 30-40 more years on it? He's already been working on it since he was 30. In ten years, he'll have spent half of his life working on it. He's already said that he has the ending worked out, and he knows who The Boss/Anokata is—the interviewer even got to see by which volume he'd decided upon the Boss' identity.

We have the Tequila/Itakura questions from the Conan arc (File 1–File 175/Episode 1–Episode 128), all the questions about the Miyanos and APTX 4869 from the Sherry arc (File 176–File 237/Episode 129–Episode 175), all the questions about Vermouth from her arc (File 238–File 434/Episode 176–Episode 345), the questions about the boss from the Cell Phone arc (since it focused on the boss' cellphone number... obviously, these questions would include "who is the boss?") (File 435–File 498/Episode 346–Episode 424), the questions about what has Kir been doing since File 609 from her arc (File 499–File 621/Episode 425–Episode 508), the questions about Shuichi's and Rei's/Tooru's common past, the latter's own past, and Scotch, and what happened to MG from the Bourbon arc (File 622–File 897/Episode 509–Episode 783), and questions about Rum's identity and objective from his arc (File 898–/Episode 784–). There's undoubtedly more that I haven't listed, here, but those are—at least some—of the major points.

Honestly, if Gosho really wanted to end DC by 2016/2017, he could do it; take the end of the Vermouth arc, for example (File 413–File 434/Episode 333–Episode 435)—just have a much longer variation of that in which all the questions are answered and the final confrontation begins and ends.
Shinichi Edogawa wrote:At that point of the story, there is no credibility anymore in the behavior of the characters and in the story : the BO seems weak with all those spies and Conan super allies, the characters can't talk normally with each other when it comes to the BO (it was like that before but that was not ridiculous like nowadays when all they can do are suspicious looks and questions like "what if? Is she? Did I saw her before?"
2 spies (living—LIVING) makes the BO, which the FBI, the CIA and the PSB/PSIA haven't been able to deal with, and has lasted for 50 years, weak? Okay...

If the BO finds out about Shinichi/Conan and/or Shiho/Ai, it's pretty much implied that they'll be swift as all heck in dealing with them—from the way I read things, it seems like they'd need these super allies, lest the BO swoop in and fell them instantly.

I agree—the intelligence of many characters has been toned down and many of the current questions have obvious answers (Rum's identity is not one of them, by the way).

I'd like to know why Gosho's dragging it, too, but what's the point of despairing and thinking he'll die before the resolution comes—you do realize, if that happens, people will lament that they wasted their time in waiting for it to end. At this point, to the same people, the journey of the characters no longer matters without an ending—it's taken too long, and the quality's gone down—besides having a blast interacting with fellow DC fans, I often wonder if they're still on here just in the hope that they can see DC finally end. In spite of all the cynicism, those same people are still here, talking with each other about DC, wondering what's coming next—even after all this time.
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

TanteiSa wrote:
Shinichi Edogawa wrote:
Spoiler:
Since there's one Heiji case each year, if anything's going to happen we still have to wait until next year. But let's be honest here…
After next year's Heiji case, we'll wait another year, then another and another and another until Gosho dies without resolving anything for us.
The confession part is honestly just that, it coul happen at the end of any case each year, but since it's Heiji chances are that it's going to happen last or second to last out of all the pairings. Maybe before Takagis and Satos wedding or something.