Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-935

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Serinox

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 931-93X

Post by Serinox »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
With 934 out, it seems that the cabinet was key to the trick behind the murder of the director's brother. With no translation, my guess is that when the beads in Yamamura's... charm?... fell into the drawers, it was something about them rolling around in there and not being visible that led Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to figure things out.

Sleeping Yamamura? Last time he was in a Heiji case, Shinichi/Conan and Heiji didn't make use of him, so it's up in the air whether Shinichi/Conan will put him to sleep or not. You'd think Shinichi/Conan wouldn't dare, considering he's responsible for making this "hack" an inspector, in the first place.

Gosho will probably take a break after next week's file, I think.
Spoiler:
Sleeping Yamamura isn't really a thing, it is used very rarely, so I doubt it we'll see it here, especially since Yamamura missed so much of the things that happened. Doing the deduction with Heiji like usually without anyone sleeping seems infinitely more likely.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
With 934 out, it seems that the cabinet was key to the trick behind the murder of the director's brother. With no translation, my guess is that when the beads in Yamamura's... charm?... fell into the drawers, it was something about them rolling around in there and not being visible that led Shinichi/Conan and Heiji to figure things out.

Sleeping Yamamura? Last time he was in a Heiji case, Shinichi/Conan and Heiji didn't make use of him, so it's up in the air whether Shinichi/Conan will put him to sleep or not. You'd think Shinichi/Conan wouldn't dare, considering he's responsible for making this "hack" an inspector, in the first place.

Gosho will probably take a break after next week's file, I think.
Spoiler:
""Presumenothing: iirc yamamura's rosary broke, the beads fell into the open top drawer but came out of the bottom one, leading to conan and heiji's "naru hodo" moment""

this was said the other day at the spoiler c-box.
Chances are, that means that the top drawer either has some kind of hole in it or it does not have a back wall.
The dimensions of the dresser in this image with how far the drawers come out, almost look like there could be room
between where the drawers stop and the actual back of the dresser.

Also the blood on the wall was definetly not just drawn differently.
There is a difference between the blood on the wall and the blood on the wall in the video
ImageImage
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Sleeping Yamamura isn't really a thing, it is used very rarely, so I doubt it we'll see it here, especially since Yamamura missed so much of the things that happened. Doing the deduction with Heiji like usually without anyone sleeping seems infinitely more likely.
Spoiler:
Yeah—in general, Shinichi's/Conan's sleeping proxy has been used less and less in Heiji cases as time has gone on.
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
""Presumenothing: iirc yamamura's rosary broke, the beads fell into the open top drawer but came out of the bottom one, leading to conan and heiji's "naru hodo" moment""

Chances are, that means that the top drawer either has some kind of hole in it or it does not have a back wall.
The dimensions of the dresser in this image with how far the drawers come out, almost look like there could be room

There is a difference between the blood on the wall and the blood on the wall in the video
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Ah... naru hodo... ;)

I finally got what you were trying to point out with the blood on the wall. This likely means that old footage was used to create the illusion that the dead producer had become part of the living dead.

As for the drawer trick, the body of the director's brother was likely hidden in that gap between the drawers. Once the others left, he would've been trying to scratch his way out, but to no avail. The producer and Kyoko were the ones responsible for his death, and when Orie figured it out, decided to murder them both. (She had a nervous look in 934 to add to the suspicious points about her.)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:

ImageImage
Spoiler:
Ah... naru hodo... ;)

I finally got what you were trying to point out with the blood on the wall. This likely means that old footage was used to create the illusion that the dead producer had become part of the living dead.

As for the drawer trick, the body of the director's brother was likely hidden in that gap between the drawers. Once the others left, he would've been trying to scratch his way out, but to no avail. The producer and Kyoko were the ones responsible for his death, and when Orie figured it out, decided to murder them both. (She had a nervous look in 934 to add to the suspicious points about her.)
EDIT:
Spoiler:
Kyoko doesn't even need to have been partially responsible for the death in the past. She figured out something about the Producer's death in the present and was probably killed because of that.

Also another thing from the text spoilers was that the thing that Heiji pulls out of the Producer's coat that is in the dresser (page 13) is apparently a tablet computer.

EDIT : Summary by Presumenothing! http://presumenothing.tumblr.com/post/1 ... n-file-934

Also on page 14, I wonder why the t-shirts that Kyoko wore in the past are relevant?
#Kyoko's t-shirts
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I saw this picture from a mystery manga called "Q.E.D" which was suggested by one of the tiebabaidu members that could explain the hidden body trick:

(As you can see, the upper drawer was placed upside down to give more space)
Spoiler:
Q.E.D is a manga written and illustrated by Motohiro Katou. He also writes C.M.B. I like them both. If you love science, you should give it a try.

Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

red.orchid wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed, but I saw this picture from a mystery manga called "Q.E.D" which was suggested by one of the tiebabaidu members that could explain the hidden body trick:

(As you can see, the upper drawer was placed upside down to give more space)
Spoiler:
Q.E.D is a manga written and illustrated by Motohiro Katou. He also writes C.M.B. I like them both. If you love science, you should give it a try.

Sorry, but that can't be it. One of the main mysteries of the death 8 years ago is how his fingernails show signs of having scratched at something, even though nothing in the room showed signs of having been scratched at (I'm assuming this includes the inside of the drawers). Jimmy's theory, on the other hand, (the body being hidden in a space behind the drawers) makes more sense, as it's unlikely that someone would check the back of the drawers for scratches.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Kyoko doesn't even need to have been partially responsible for the death in the past. She figured out something about the Producer's death in the present and was probably killed because of that.
Spoiler:
Ah, true.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Spoiler:
Here's what I think to be the meaning behind the bead ending up on the bottom drawer:
The top drawer is shorter than the bottom drawer. This creates space to put a body in. Right now, Harawaki's body is in it. When the bead rolled into the top drawer, it rolled off the edge. After that, it bounces off the body and rolls out in the bottom drawer. I made a rough sketch detailing this.
DCUniverseAficionado

Max1996 wrote:
Spoiler:
Here's what I think to be the meaning behind the bead ending up on the bottom drawer:
The top drawer is shorter than the bottom drawer. This creates space to put a body in. Right now, Harawaki's body is in it. When the bead rolled into the top drawer, it rolled off the edge. After that, it bounces off the body and rolls out in the bottom drawer. I made a rough sketch detailing this.
Spoiler:
You're probably correct—I can't think of anywhere else his body could be.
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Max1996 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And it matches my explanation for the main mystery of the death 8 years ago, which I posted earlier.
DCUniverseAficionado

Max1996 wrote:
Max1996 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And it matches my explanation for the main mystery of the death 8 years ago, which I posted earlier.
That, too. :)
DCUniverseAficionado

Apologies for double-posting.
Spoiler:
It's here... well, the spoiler post on festy.jp is here.

http://festy.jp/web/posts/3953
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:Apologies for double-posting.
Spoiler:
It's here... well, the spoiler post on festy.jp is here.

http://festy.jp/web/posts/3953
wow that page us up way earlier than usual

nothing on 935 yet.
ImageImage
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Some spoilers for file 935:
Spoiler:
Turns out the videos on both smart phones were actually from 8 years ago. That's why Harawaki doesn't have a beard (as someone mentioned before) and there's an 'E' on Kyouko's clothes. The culprit was Ria.
Also, Hattori nearly confesses to Kazuha, but is interrupted by some zombie extras who got the audition time wrong. (Surprise, surprise :V)

Kazuha: Ya had somethin' important to tell me, right?
Heiji: Kazuha, I've been thinkin' this fer quite a while now... The truth is…
*enter zombies*
Max1996

Post by Max1996 »

Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
That's why Harawaki doesn't have a beard
Spoiler:
I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed that detail.