Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-93X

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

PirateKing wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:sorry for a double post, but its a separate topic
Spoiler:
well darn... apparently using a hose as a lasso creates a vacuum type thing.....(pictures 4-6 on this page)

http://www.ctv.co.jp/hapiene/program/20 ... index.html
Spoiler:
Wow, that's interesting.

Also, it's not clear which end of the hose the tape was stuck, was it? I mean was it the end which was being swung or the other end?
Spoiler:
this might be a clearer explanation in englsih
http://almostunschoolers.blogspot.com/2 ... ience.html
scroll down to the part where it says "So, we turned the tube around, and spun the end with the bag on it."

swinging the end with the bag on it has air being pulled up through the hose and into the bag which
can be used sort of like a vacuum

also a video of the explanation of air movement (bag not included)
https://youtu.be/RQbQguLNtC8?t=1m4s
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

Kor wrote:@TanteiSa

Please refrain from double or triple posting. You have an edit button in case you want to add stuff to your post.
Haii ::) Sorry!
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Serinox brought this to our attention:

http://miskatsura.tumblr.com/post/12725 ... -naeko-all

Looks like a bit of an oversight on Gosho's part.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

File 929 text spoilers:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Edit: Some further info from 2ch:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
red.orchid

Post by red.orchid »

Thanks for the spoilers! Please keep them coming! ;D
Spoiler:
Sooo is it safe to assume that the robber-murderer hid the "treasure" they had stolen from the victim in the toilet tank of the Ogura ramen shop? The clues to identify the culprit are 1) the 3 condiments that 3 suspects used 2) the strange clicking sound the culprit made when they ran away, right?
And the infamous hose, too.
Secret Santa 2015
Spoiler:
Secret Santa 2016
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Fujiwara wrote:File 929 text spoilers:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Edit: Some further info from 2ch:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Spoiler:
First, 2ch? What's that?

Second, is the tape described in more detail, or is that it?

Third, where did the clicking come from, or was just the clicking as specific as it got?

Fourth, it's likely be the 1,000,000 Yen piercing in the toilet.

Fifth, my guess is Masumi's and Yumi's calls were done in such a way that still doesn't undoubtedly reveal Shukichi as the middle brother, but was it done in such a way? What were the details, if any were given?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

@DCUniverseAficionado:
Spoiler:
2ch is a Japanese forum consisting on threads that allow up to 1000 comments having text only. A lot of games discussions happen there as well as a lot of trolling.
I guess a Japanese fan got the info (I dunno how: doesn't file 929 come out next week?) and posted it there.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Spoiler:
First, 2ch? What's that?

Third, where did the clicking come from, or was just the clicking as specific as it got?

Fifth, my guess is Masumi's and Yumi's calls were done in such a way that still doesn't undoubtedly reveal Shukichi as the middle brother, but was it done in such a way? What were the details, if any were given?
Spoiler:
1. 2ch (short for 2channel) is a popular anonymous Japanese discussion forum. It's the place where all the Japanese people hang out on the internet, basically. DC text spoilers usually originate from there. Because it's completely anonymous though, there's no guarantee that the information is correct and should always be taken with a grain of salt.

2.+3. & 5. I translated everything there was, no details were left out. I know it's not a lot, but there's nothing we can do about it.
Edit: Ninja'd by Spimer. I guess the new forum doesn't show you if you've been ninja's anymore? :<
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
First, 2ch? What's that?

Spoiler:
1. 2ch (short for 2channel) is a popular anonymous Japanese discussion forum. It's the place where all the Japanese people hang out on the internet, basically. DC text spoilers usually originate from there. Because it's completely anonymous though, there's no guarantee that the information is correct and should always be taken with a grain of salt.

2.+3. & 5. I translated everything there was, no details were left out. I know it's not a lot, but there's nothing we can do about it.
Edit: Ninja'd by Spimer. I guess the new forum doesn't show you if you've been ninja's anymore? :<
Spoiler:
And I take it you're not going to provide a link if I ask? It's a trade secret, right? ;)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote: And I take it you're not going to provide a link if I ask? It's a trade secret, right? ;)
Here you go: http://kanae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ymag/1439809356/154n-.
Conan 48:69

Post by Conan 48:69 »

Spoiler:
Perhaps Gosho stopped making the storyline too complicated already as he's getting older and being hospitalized many times due to illness, the top climax is during Jodie/Vermouth arc where he made the great plot twist. Starting Bourbon arc, Gosho gave many hints to prove Subaru Okiya obviously for us to think he is Shuichi Akai in disguised, from drinking Bourbon and Camel mentioned Akai loves to drink Bourbon too, Okiya and Akai had same favorite quotes to Okiya's eyes identical to Akai. For Tooru Amuro, Gosho gave hints that he's secret police. Now Gosho could give very easy hints to let us convinced Shukichi Haneda is Sera's middle brother as he is tired and ran out of steam to make the storyline more complicated already.
Welcome To DCTP Radio Show! From DJ Conan!
DCUniverseAficionado

Conan 48:69 wrote:
Spoiler:
Perhaps Gosho stopped making the storyline too complicated already as he's getting older and being hospitalized many times due to illness, the top climax is during Jodie/Vermouth arc where he made the great plot twist. Starting Bourbon arc, Gosho gave many hints to prove Subaru Okiya obviously for us to think he is Shuichi Akai in disguised, from drinking Bourbon and Camel mentioned Akai loves to drink Bourbon too, Okiya and Akai had same favorite quotes to Okiya's eyes identical to Akai. For Tooru Amuro, Gosho gave hints that he's secret police. Now Gosho could give very easy hints to let us convinced Shukichi Haneda is Sera's middle brother as he is tired and ran out of steam to make the storyline more complicated already.
Spoiler:
Of course, you realize that no one knows how DC is going to reach the end. We may yet be surprised. I mean, we're all still here, talking about DC—we want to see how it ends. Are you convinced that, for the rest of DC, Gosho's never going to exceed what he did in Files 429–434/Episode 345? And, if so, is it because of the Bourbon arc? Has it convinced you that Gosho can't exceed the Vermouth arc climax?
Many thanks! Has this specific... user? (just taking a shot in the dark)... made posts about spoilers in advance, or is this a new find for you?
Spoiler:
Did it say that Shuichi/Subaru arrived at the restaurant? That's what one of the lines said.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Many thanks! Has this specific... user? (just taking a shot in the dark)... made posts about spoilers in advance, or is this a new find for you?
No problem. As mentioned earlier, 2ch is completely anonymous, so you can't really link a post to a specific user. The spoilers could come from the same person as last week, or from someone completely different and we'll never know. Thus there's no such thing as 'reliability' when it comes to 2ch spoilers. But that's enough on 2ch, let's try to get back on topic. ^^
DCUniverseAficionado

Spoiler:
Did it say that Shuichi/Subaru arrived at the restaurant? That's what one of the lines said.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Um, not sure what you mean. As I said, I translated all the spoilers. Everything else you might see on 2ch are ideas, theories & predictions by the users.