Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Akai/Subaru

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Post by Akai/Subaru »

Fujiwara wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Has Conan seriously not deduced Shuukichi is Sera's brother yet?
Spoiler:
We don't know. Ever since the Red Woman Case iirc, Conan didn't think or theorize about the middle brother at all, so it's unclear what his status on it is.
Spoiler:
He just don't care. :-X
Spoiler:
Maybe he already knows, I think that by looking Conan's face when Shukichi interupted his phone conversation with Yumi, Sera begun to speak with his middle brother and when he cut the conversation with Sera, Shukichi inmidiatly returned to speak with Yumi maybe what he said can be interpretated as "he is not wasting time", but it's only a theory and maybe I'm wrong because I read it very quickly.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Akai/Subaru wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
We don't know. Ever since the Red Woman Case iirc, Conan didn't think or theorize about the middle brother at all, so it's unclear what his status on it is.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Maybe he already knows, I think that by looking Conan's face when Shukichi interupted his phone conversation with Yumi, Sera begun to speak with his middle brother and when he cut the conversation with Sera, Shukichi inmidiatly returned to speak with Yumi maybe what he said can be interpretated as "he is not wasting time", but it's only a theory and maybe I'm wrong because I read it very quickly.
Spoiler:
Conan said "They seem weirdly in synch" though as if he didn't know it was the same person on the phone
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MrDetective wrote:
Akai/Subaru wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Conan said "They seem weirdly in synch" though as if he didn't know it was the same person on the phone
Spoiler:
Could also be sarcasm on how obvious it is, atleast judging from his expression. I think Conan doesn't care who is the middle brother :x
Maybe he doesn't even know, but it doesn't seem to concern him either.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

At this point it would be unforgivable if Conan still didn't know. Sera was praticaly shoving it on his face the whole case
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Akai/Subaru wrote:
Fujiwara wrote:
Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Could also be sarcasm on how obvious it is, atleast judging from his expression. I think Conan doesn't care who is the middle brother :x
Maybe he doesn't even know, but it doesn't seem to concern him either.
Spoiler:
Seinox that's exactly what I think in my opinion that was sarcasm.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Fujiwara wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Honestly, the fact that he's barely given the middle brother any thought—like noticing Shukichi's similarity to Shuichi, for example—gives the impression that he's more concerned about Masumi and MG, and Rum... until the middle brother's identity is revealed, and if he begins to play a role in the main plot, Shinichi/Conan still probably won't think about it.

He may care, and we just haven't seen it, but one thing's for sure... pretty much nobody on this site who cares to comment on the subject does! :D

If Gosho had introduced other suspects (other than Shuichi/Subaru and Rei/Tooru) than Shukichi... heck, he could've introduced Shukichi this year, for example, in the case right after Kawanakajima, and the Shogi case and this case (928–930) could've been back to back—just introducing him far later than File 847 would've bettered this situation. That and more suspects, and people might actually care about the answer to this question. Instead, we're just waiting to see if Shukichi is a red herring or not. We're waiting for it to be revealed so the plot can move forward—hopefully, the middle brother will play a role in the main plot, because it would be even more of a waste if he had nothing to do with the plot.
MrDetective wrote:At this point it would be unforgivable if Conan still didn't know. Sera was praticaly shoving it on his face the whole case
And just how unforgivable? Bourbon arc unforgivable? After how much many people were disappointed by that, I don't see how it could go any lower. Even with a question that has so few possible answers and so few suspects and doubt, I can't see how it would make people even more incensed—the bar's not exactly high right now.

I think there's still the fact of Shukichi's personality and what he's currently doing to consider... and, again, we don't know if he's the middle brother. It's incredibly likely, yes, but he could easily turn out to be a red herring.

And then there's Shinichi's/Conan's focus on Masumi and MG—he likely sees that as more of a priority than the middle brother. Remember, he's only thought of the middle brother once or twice, and it was something he didn't dwell on. When the middle brother was first revealed (File 859), Shinichi/Conan was more concerned about the possibility that she was in contact with Shuichi—once he found out she wasn't, it wasn't really that much of an issue for him. I'm not saying he wouldn't notice the pretty much lack of difference between Masumi's description of her middle brother and Yumi's description of Shukichi, or that there was more to his "weirdly-in-sync" comment than sarcasm, but... he just really hasn't commented on the subject.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

I enjoyed the Sato-Takagi dynamics and I thought the trick was actually pretty ingenious. Apart from that, meh.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"