Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Spoiler:
I think it's too quick for MG to write Shinichi/Conan off, so I don't think her plans have changed. Once we reach the next case with Masumi in it, we'll find out, I suppose. It's been nearly two years since MG was introduced, and we still have so few answers about her—question is, how long will Gosho drag this out. It took seven years for Subaru to be revealed as Shuichi—I think that's his limit, in terms of putting the answers to questions on hold. In an extreme case, we'll find out in 2019/2020 (yikes :o). I don't think it'll take that long, though.

Also, has there been any word on whether there's a break next week?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

Spoiler:
I just want to ask, is "Sera" a Japanese or a foreign surname? Since Masumi says she's holding her mother's surname, the mother must be name "Sera ....". If "Sera" is Japanese, then the mother is Japanese, or mixed?

About the theory of the Sera mother being sisters with Elena, Elena is full British right? So if "Sera" is Japanese, they're not full siblings right?
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Kahomi wrote:
Spoiler:
I just want to ask, is "Sera" a Japanese or a foreign surname? Since Masumi says she's holding her mother's surname, the mother must be name "Sera ....". If "Sera" is Japanese, then the mother is Japanese, or mixed?

About the theory of the Sera mother being sisters with Elena, Elena is full British right? So if "Sera" is Japanese, they're not full siblings right?
Spoiler:
Sera is a Japanese name, it has kanji.

It also has not been confirmed that they are the sisters either
all we know is that Gosho gave a hint a while back that said effectively that two mothers will be sisters.
Then later someone asked if Yukiko and the Akai mother were the sisters
and Gosho responded "Yukiko is not one of the sisters"
thats it.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Sera is a Japanese name, it has kanji.

It also has not been confirmed that they are the sisters either
all we know is that Gosho gave a hint a while back that said effectively that two mothers will be sisters.
Then later someone asked if Yukiko and the Akai mother were the sisters
and Gosho responded "Yukiko is not one of the sisters"
thats it.
that's why I said the word "theory" :)) I just wish no one is anyone's sister anymore, it's complicated enough :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Do I smell some Sera x Conan in the last chapter
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

MrDetective wrote:Do I smell some Sera x Conan in the last chapter
Spoiler:
Yep, she was blushing at him when he took off his glasses.

The bottom of the last page, where it says when DC will continue (Continued next week in SS #40, for example), looks different than usual. What does it say?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
tuturuu

Post by tuturuu »

Nemomon wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Nemomon wrote:I was talking about chapter 982...
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if this is Masumi's fault. She said Conan to not to "bring kids". Well... Sonoko or Ran aren't kids anymore, but I think Conan is smart enough to understand that if Sera (a still suspicious person at this point of the plot) tells him not to bring kids, then she tells that because she wants to meet privately. Therefore this is rather Conan's fault and probably MG is thinking the same too. After all she's judging whether Conan is smart enough to be worth hearing the secrets she has to tell, and he already failed the "come alone" test. I also wouldn't be surprised if she was watching Conan during the pool case. So it might be that her plans regarding Conan already changed after the pool case.
Ran and Sonoko invited themselves, Conan had no intention of bringing them along. The reason they haven't met yet is because they haven't had the time and opportunity to schedule a new meeting.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

tuturuu wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if this is Masumi's fault. She said Conan to not to "bring kids". Well... Sonoko or Ran aren't kids anymore, but I think Conan is smart enough to understand that if Sera (a still suspicious person at this point of the plot) tells him not to bring kids, then she tells that because she wants to meet privately. Therefore this is rather Conan's fault and probably MG is thinking the same too. After all she's judging whether Conan is smart enough to be worth hearing the secrets she has to tell, and he already failed the "come alone" test. I also wouldn't be surprised if she was watching Conan during the pool case. So it might be that her plans regarding Conan already changed after the pool case.
Ran and Sonoko invited themselves, Conan had no intention of bringing them along. The reason they haven't met yet is because they haven't had the time and opportunity to schedule a new meeting.
We don't know if time and opportunity were the reason, since we don't get the day-to-day life of the characters and how much time is passing between cases. Heck, in the second case after the pool case, Conan kinda admits that they aren't any cases at the moment (aside from the general Rum threat).

So, for now we just can state the fact: Sera hasn't invited Conan again. Reason: unknown.
tuturuu

Post by tuturuu »

Serinox wrote:
tuturuu wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
We don't know if time and opportunity were the reason, since we don't get the day-to-day life of the characters and how much time is passing between cases. Heck, in the second case after the pool case, Conan kinda admits that they aren't any cases at the moment (aside from the general Rum threat).

So, for now we just can state the fact: Sera hasn't invited Conan again. Reason: unknown.
Even if Conan has a lot of free time, maybe Sera doesn't. The reason they haven't invited Conan yet is either because they haven't found a good time for it, or because they changed their minds. But there's nothing substantial that could have changed their minds.
Last edited by tuturuu on September 1st, 2015, 7:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

tuturuu wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
Ran and Sonoko invited themselves, Conan had no intention of bringing them along.
Yeah, but my point was that he should figure it out that if Sera is inviting him, and specially mentions "do not bring kids" she probably wants to discuss something important (or murder him). Therefore in the first place Conan shouldn't mention about meeting with Sera to Ran, or to anybody else. Especially that he's very good at keeping secrets to himself.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
tuturuu

Post by tuturuu »

@Nemomon
It's easy to be wise after the event. It was only after Conan told Ran and Sonoko about the hotel pool that he realized that he shouldn't have mentioned it. It's not like a 7-year-old can stop two highschool girls from doing what they want, so he couldn't cancel the meeting with Sera either.
MY point is that Mary has no reason to distrust Conan any more than she already does. She could hear them from the toilet and knows that it wasn't Conan's intention to bring 'outsiders' along. She was mostly blaming Sera (by calling her an idiot) for not explicitly telling Conan to absolutely come alone.

I have a feeling Conan will go the hotel alone to return the handkerchief, maybe that's when it will finally happen.
MrDetective
Irregular Scans staff

Post by MrDetective »

Spoiler:
Has Conan seriously not deduced Shuukichi is Sera's brother by now?
Last edited by MrDetective on September 2nd, 2015, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saorin
"If I hear you pine for me I will return straightaway to you."

Post by saorin »

MrDetective wrote:Do I smell some Sera x Conan in the last chapter
Spoiler:
Yep, she was blushing at him when he took off his glasses.
Spoiler:
Looks like another confirmation that Sera met Shinichi when he was young.
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under it.
("Macbeth")
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Has Conan seriously not deduced Shuukichi is Sera's brother yet?
Spoiler:
We don't know. Ever since the Red Woman Case iirc, Conan didn't think or theorize about the middle brother at all, so it's unclear what his status on it is.
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Fujiwara »

Serinox wrote:
MrDetective wrote:
Spoiler:
Has Conan seriously not deduced Shuukichi is Sera's brother yet?
Spoiler:
We don't know. Ever since the Red Woman Case iirc, Conan didn't think or theorize about the middle brother at all, so it's unclear what his status on it is.
Spoiler:
He just don't care. :-X