Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Max1996

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-93X

Post by Max1996 »

Umm, guys, how about, now that we have a translation for 929, we focus on the case?
Last edited by Kor on August 29th, 2015, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Slight moderation on the wording.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Early spoilers for 930:
Spoiler:
presumenothing: from rough translations on baidu: criminal is the man wearing glasses. ordered gyoza etc (instead of usual order of one ramen) to hide the earrings in soy sauce bottle. hose was used as a vacuum for broken glasses. the clicking sound in the footsteps was because of some broken glasses, the rest of the pieces were hidden in the toilet tank.

presumenothing: more from baidu translations: Conan says that Sera deduced most of it, but she's disappeared although she was with them earlier. owner calls her Mary because he found a handkerchief with Mary embroidered on it. does the handkerchief belong to the young girl with Sera? or is Sera's real name Mary? no, I've heard this name somewhere before, but where on earth was it?

presumenothing: final page side note: the "Mary" in Conan's memories is...!? (note: katakana used here was メアリー with a long vowel, not マリ as used by the owner)

presumenothing: to clarify, the criminal had his usual order of one ramen to hide the earrings in the bottle, but ordered the gyoza etc so that he could use up the soy sauce and retrieve them.

presumenothing: last part, from baidu trans: when Conan and Sera were chasing the criminal, Takagi and Sato (who had been following the criminal while in disguise) arrived at the ramen shop, Sato says she plans to do some strenuous exercise tonight

presumenothing: baidu trans: but, after apprehending the criminal - Takagi "you're planning to do strenuous exercise tonight too!" Sato (calmly) "ah... if you want to exercise why not go to the gym?" Takagi "I- I'll do that..." Sato (thinking) "Idiot..."
Nothing's so far said on the mid bro, so perhaps there's no more development on that front in this case.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote:Early spoilers for 930:
Spoiler:
presumenothing: from rough translations on baidu: criminal is the man wearing glasses. ordered gyoza etc (instead of usual order of one ramen) to hide the earrings in soy sauce bottle. hose was used as a vacuum for broken glasses. the clicking sound in the footsteps was because of some broken glasses, the rest of the pieces were hidden in the toilet tank.

presumenothing: more from baidu translations: Conan says that Sera deduced most of it, but she's disappeared although she was with them earlier. owner calls her Mary because he found a handkerchief with Mary embroidered on it. does the handkerchief belong to the young girl with Sera? or is Sera's real name Mary? no, I've heard this name somewhere before, but where on earth was it?

presumenothing: final page side note: the "Mary" in Conan's memories is...!? (note: katakana used here was メアリー with a long vowel, not マリ as used by the owner)

presumenothing: to clarify, the criminal had his usual order of one ramen to hide the earrings in the bottle, but ordered the gyoza etc so that he could use up the soy sauce and retrieve them.

presumenothing: last part, from baidu trans: when Conan and Sera were chasing the criminal, Takagi and Sato (who had been following the criminal while in disguise) arrived at the ramen shop, Sato says she plans to do some strenuous exercise tonight

presumenothing: baidu trans: but, after apprehending the criminal - Takagi "you're planning to do strenuous exercise tonight too!" Sato (calmly) "ah... if you want to exercise why not go to the gym?" Takagi "I- I'll do that..." Sato (thinking) "Idiot..."
Nothing's so far said on the mid bro, so perhaps there's no more development on that front in this case.
Spoiler:
That's really weird, it seems the way it's going is hinting that Mary is Sera's mother's name, and that Conan heard it a long time ago when he met Sera? It seems that Conan will now start suspecting the unknown child of being Sera's mother, but it's really weird, since Mary and Gosho's AC hint name aren't the same.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
That's really weird, it seems the way it's going is hinting that Mary is Sera's mother's name, and that Conan heard it a long time ago when he met Sera? It seems that Conan will now start suspecting the unknown child of being Sera's mother, but it's really weird, since Mary and Gosho's AC hint name aren't the same.
Spoiler:
The other possibility is that Masumi's real name is Mary, but for now I'm going with the MG = Mary theory.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The other possibility is that Masumi's real name is Mary, but for now I'm going with the MG = Mary theory.
Spoiler:
"Mary" is the name that fit the AC hint, it was "Mari" that didn't fit which was what Oguro was calling Masumi.
According to the japanese language spoilers "Mary" with a Y was written in english on a handkerchief and Oguro
was calling Masumi that "Mari" name because of that. (which means that he doesn't know how to pronounce it properly in Japanese)
The side bar at the end of the chapter supposedly has the name written correctly in Japanese.

Its all Oguro's fault for saying the wrong name. Last time when I was trying to tell people that "Mari" and "Mary" are not the
same name, that still stands. But now that we know that he was actually meaning "Mary" and not what he was saying out loud
we can actually make the connection that so many people were trying to make last time. between the names.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Uchiha Shadow wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"Mary" is the name that fit the AC hint, it was "Mari" that didn't fit which was what Oguro was calling Masumi.
According to the japanese language spoilers "Mary" with a Y was written in english on a handkerchief and Oguro
was calling Masumi that "Mari" name because of that. (which means that he doesn't know how to pronounce it properly in Japanese)
The side bar at the end of the chapter supposedly has the name written correctly in Japanese.

Its all Oguro's fault for saying the wrong name. Last time when I was trying to tell people that "Mari" and "Mary" are not the
same name, that still stands. But now that we know that he was actually meaning "Mary" and not what he was saying out loud
we can actually make the connection that so many people were trying to make last time. between the names.
Oh, my bad, got that wrong.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 928-930

Post by Nemomon »

Spoiler:
So... finally something might be told about the MG especially now that Conan made a pointless remark about her, and was ignored?

Also, perhaps not necessarily Sera, but for sure Conan should notice that Yumi misspelled her boyfriend's name, and should correct it. Then Sera would say that her brother has the same name. But Conan didn't do that...
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
So... finally something might be told about the MG especially now that Conan made a pointless remark about her, and was ignored?

Also, perhaps not necessarily Sera, but for sure Conan should notice that Yumi misspelled her boyfriend's name, and should correct it. Then Sera would say that her brother has the same name. But Conan didn't do that...
Spoiler:
Yumi didn't misspell her boyfriends name, "Chuukichi" is simply a nickname that Yumi uses to refer to him. She already used that in his introduction case, so Conan has no reason to correct her.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you're first sentence is supposed to mean? We don't have anything in the spoilers that say that Conan "was ignored".
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Serinox wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yumi didn't misspell her boyfriends name, "Chuukichi" is simply a nickname that Yumi uses to refer to him. She already used that in his introduction case, so Conan has no reason to correct her.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you're first sentence is supposed to mean? We don't have anything in the spoilers that say that Conan "was ignored".
that was probably in reference to when Conan mentioned her 2 chapters ago in 928.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Oh, that. Yeah, since Sera never gives a straight up answer whenever someone asks her about something plot-related, that didn't even catch my attention anymore lol
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Serinox wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Seems I didn't know that / forgot about this fact. My bad. Though, perhaps he still should correct this considering that not everybody in the room knows about who she's talking about.

And yeah, Jimmy is right - I was talking about chapter 982 when Conan said that the extra food is for someone Sera is hidding in her room. There's no way that Sera would not know about who he's talking about (and even lied about her boyfriend). I think this is because MG decided that after all she doesn't want to meet Conan. Sera purposely showed her picture to Conan, they (Sera and MG) also invited him to their room to talk (but since he brought girls along their plan failed), so I think that they were determined to meet Conan. That sudden Sera's change of heart suggests that something happened, and MG changed her plans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Nemomon wrote:I was talking about chapter 982...
Ah, typos... ;D we're not getting that chapter until 2017, most likely.
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
MG decided that after all she doesn't want to meet Conan. Sera purposely showed her picture to Conan, they (Sera and MG) also invited him to their room to talk (but since he brought girls along their plan failed), so I think that they were determined to meet Conan. That sudden Sera's change of heart suggests that something happened, and MG changed her plans.
Spoiler:
Mmm.. maybe, but did she really decide he wasn't worth her time because of Masumi's mistake? If she had been more direct (There's a thought... ;D ), they would've been able to talk. It's probably too early to tell, though.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Nemomon wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Seems I didn't know that / forgot about this fact. My bad. Though, perhaps he still should correct this considering that not everybody in the room knows about who she's talking about.

And yeah, Jimmy is right - I was talking about chapter 982 when Conan said that the extra food is for someone Sera is hidding in her room. There's no way that Sera would not know about who he's talking about (and even lied about her boyfriend). I think this is because MG decided that after all she doesn't want to meet Conan. Sera purposely showed her picture to Conan, they (Sera and MG) also invited him to their room to talk (but since he brought girls along their plan failed), so I think that they were determined to meet Conan. That sudden Sera's change of heart suggests that something happened, and MG changed her plans.
Spoiler:
But they already know that she is talking about her ex-boyfriend, and since Ran and Sonoko don't know Shuukichi, telling them "Hey, it's pronounced slightly different btw" wouldn't serve any point. Even if he did, they still wouldn't know who exactly she's talking about.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the MG still wants to meet Conan and more with the fact, that Sera doesn't want to reveal that someone is actually living with her to Ran and Sonoko, because they would surely inquire and pry about it and it doesn't seem like Sera wants that kind of attention drawn to the MG.

And also, Conan is provoking her to make a mistake and blurt some information she wouldn't actually want to share, but Sera simply doesn't fall for it.
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Nemomon wrote:I was talking about chapter 982...
Ah, typos... ;D we're not getting that chapter until 2017, most likely.
LOL, this is what happens when you write your thoughts at almost a 3 AM xD ;D
Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
MG decided that after all she doesn't want to meet Conan. Sera purposely showed her picture to Conan, they (Sera and MG) also invited him to their room to talk (but since he brought girls along their plan failed), so I think that they were determined to meet Conan. That sudden Sera's change of heart suggests that something happened, and MG changed her plans.
Spoiler:
Mmm.. maybe, but did she really decide he wasn't worth her time because of Masumi's mistake? If she had been more direct (There's a thought... ;D ), they would've been able to talk. It's probably too early to tell, though.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if this is Masumi's fault. She said Conan to not to "bring kids". Well... Sonoko or Ran aren't kids anymore, but I think Conan is smart enough to understand that if Sera (a still suspicious person at this point of the plot) tells him not to bring kids, then she tells that because she wants to meet privately. Therefore this is rather Conan's fault and probably MG is thinking the same too. After all she's judging whether Conan is smart enough to be worth hearing the secrets she has to tell, and he already failed the "come alone" test. I also wouldn't be surprised if she was watching Conan during the pool case. So it might be that her plans regarding Conan already changed after the pool case.
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the MG still wants to meet Conan and more with the fact, that Sera doesn't want to reveal that someone is actually living with her to Ran and Sonoko, because they would surely inquire and pry about it and it doesn't seem like Sera wants that kind of attention drawn to the MG.
Spoiler:
I think Sera answering that it is for her boyfriend would cause more questions from Sonoko and Ran than if she said that she lives with a small child of her friend who had to go somewhere but was unable to take his daughter with him.

Of course this is only a speculation, and I doubt that we actually will be able to read about this in details, but I think that lying to Conan wasn't a good thing here. Especially that he's the key figure here, and lying to him makes Sera even more suspicious (what she obviously would want to avoid, because this might make the meeting bettwen MG and Conan even harder to organize).
Serinox

Post by Serinox »

Nemomon wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think Sera answering that it is for her boyfriend would cause more questions from Sonoko and Ran than if she said that she lives with a small child of her friend who had to go somewhere but was unable to take his daughter with him.

Of course this is only a speculation, and I doubt that we actually will be able to read about this in details, but I think that lying to Conan wasn't a good thing here. Especially that he's the key figure here, and lying to him makes Sera even more suspicious (what she obviously would want to avoid, because this might make the meeting bettwen MG and Conan even harder to organize).
Spoiler:
Thing is, Sera did answer with the boyfriend and was able to quickly write it off as a joke to Ran and Sonoko. This way, she didn't have to reveal that information of a girl living with her to them. Simply them knowing that there is someone living with her, even with a reasonable explanation, doesn't appear to be an information that Sera wants to share with them, especially since they could carelessly spread that information because Sera made an excuse and it seems harmless to them to talk about it, which can't be in Sera's interest, considering they apparently frequently change hotels (for safety?)

I don't think lying makes Sera more suspicious to him. Conan already knows that the MG is living with her and Sera knows that Conan knows. He was simply throwing her a curve, but Sera didn't fall for it. And she refused to give him straight answers before, so it's not like this is something new to him.