(Spoilers) Postcard and Animal Crossings hints/ spoilers

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: (Spoilers) Postcard and Animal Crossings hints/ spoilers

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Fujiwara wrote:New AC hints (October 8th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/sora_cona/status/10 ... 3073311744

Translations:
Spoiler:
Spade: I drew the teaser for the next movie!
Heart: It's got a blue/sad feel to it, which matches the title.
Diamond: Seems like the main point is "suddenly lifting somebody's face by their chin (in a domineering yet romantic fashion)" v
Clover: Who does that to whom? („`~´„) muahaha v
Spoiler:
Movie 23 is a Kid movie with Makoto, so I’d guess it be either one of them with Sonoko.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
champagne

Post by champagne »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:

Source:

Translations:
Spoiler:
Diamond: Seems like the main point is "suddenly lifting somebody's face by their chin (in a domineering yet romantic fashion)" v
Spoiler:
Movie 23 is a Kid movie with Makoto, so I’d guess it be either one of them with Sonoko.
Spoiler:
Where has it been confirmed that it's a Kid movie with Makoto?

I barely remember how Makoto's personality is like, but does "domineering" fit his behaviour? But then again I can't think of any established couple that fits the bill, so it might as well be him (or Kid in disguise) and Sonoko lol
And the way Gosho is teasing it, makes me think it's none of the couples that we see all the time - I mean what's the point of being mysterious about a romantic scene between Shin/Ran, Heiji/Kazuha etc., so it would make more sense with Makoto/Sonoko who we don't see often, although I wonder why he has to be featured prominently in a movie lol
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

champagne wrote:

Source:

Translations:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I barely remember how Makoto's personality is like, but does "domineering" fit his behaviour? But then again I can't think of any established couple that fits the bill, so it might as well be him (or Kid in disguise) and Sonoko lol
And the way Gosho is teasing it, makes me think it's none of the couples that we see all the time - I mean what's the point of being mysterious about a romantic scene between Shin/Ran, Heiji/Kazuha etc., so it would make more sense with Makoto/Sonoko who we don't see often, although I wonder why he has to be featured prominently in a movie lol
Spoiler:
I believe it was during this year’s Let’s Talk Day.

Well, for one, there was the case where he faced off against Kid (File 862–File 864/Episode 746–Episode 747). Maybe Gosho and the movie staff decided to do that on a grander scale—his OP antics are perfect for DC movies.

Also—as you said, he’s already such an infrequently-appearing character. It’s been a while since we’ve seen him in a way that isn’t an appearance in the background of a single panel.

And if Momiji can get movie spotlight right out of the gate, why not him?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
champagne

Post by champagne »

champagne wrote:

Source:

Translations:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I believe it was during this year’s Let’s Talk Day.
I see, thank you. I wasn't aware of that, must have missed that this was mentioned!
Spoiler:
Well, for one, there was the case where he faced off against Kid (File 862–File 864/Episode 746–Episode 747). Maybe Gosho and the movie staff decided to do that on a grander scale—his OP antics are perfect for DC movies.

Also—as you said, he’s already such an infrequently-appearing character. It’s been a while since we’ve seen him in a way that isn’t an appearance in the background of a single panel.

And if Momiji can get movie spotlight right out of the gate, why not him?
Spoiler:
Yes, very true. I'm just a little surprised that a Kid movie with a possible Makoto/Sonoko romance would have a sad title and a sad theme going on. But maybe the producers/Gosho really want to mix it up this time around? Or Gosho is making it appear more dramatic in his AC spoilers than it really is :P
DCUniverseAficionado

champagne wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm just a little surprised that a Kid movie with a possible Makoto/Sonoko romance would have a sad title and a sad theme going on. But maybe the producers/Gosho really want to mix it up this time around? Or Gosho is making it appear more dramatic in his AC spoilers than it really is :P
Spoiler:
Yeah, that’s always a possibility—Movie 14 had that Ran/Kid kiss tease as its poster, and Movie 19 tried to make Kid seem the villain, so who knows how much misdirection and exaggeration there’ll be with this one.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (October 15h, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/aptx0915/status/1051807314506731527

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1:"The check of the Crimson School Trip->"
Pic 2:"storyboards is over!"
Pic 3:"I'm going to draw key frames for it, too!"
Pic 4:"For THAT scene, of course v (^_ ^)"
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (October 22nd, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/sora_cona/status/10 ... 8030505984

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1:"I drew 8 new icons!"
Pic 2:"Okiya, Makoto, Me, Hannin" (T/N: refering to the spin off manga "Hannin no Hanzawa-san")
Pic 3:"Those nasty rascals (laughs)"
Pic 4:"Look forward to seeing them!"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (October 29th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/sora_cona/status/10 ... 8560399360

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1:"I saw the Zero The Enforcer 4DX Version!"
Pic 2:"The RX-7 at the end, its presence->"
Pic 3:"was no joke! It was great!"
Pic 4:"I wanted to put on the seat belt (laughs)"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (November 5th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_fanclub/statu ... 9720827904

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1:"I watched "One Cut Of The Dead"!"
Pic 2:"I can't stand zombies, but-->"
Pic 3:"I had a lot of fun with it (laughs) (^_^"
Pic 4:"Sorry... Forgot to update [the messages];"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (November 12th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_fanclub/statu ... 2533742595

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1: "I drew the keyframe(s) for "that" scene"
Pic 2: "After Conan comes back from the school trip,"
Pic 3: "There's extra scenes which"
Pic 4: "I really recommend to see"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (November 19th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_fanclub/statu ... 4629770242

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1:"I drew a (Shonen) Sunday cover!"
Pic 2:"Truth is... This illustration, will be vertically-->"
Pic 3:" connected, (it's 2 parts that are spread) over 2 weeks' (issues) so-->"
Pic 4:"try to combine them together (,,^_^,,)"
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

New AC hints (November 26th, 2018)

Source:
https://twitter.com/conan_fanclub/statu ... 3770116098

Translations:
Spoiler:
Pic 1: "Next case is "TV Series"!"
Pic 2: "Sera-chan and I have a chance at it!"
Pic 3: "A lot of things will be clarified so"
Pic 4: "Don't miss it!"
Tantei San
It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Post by Tantei San »

Spoiler:
Spimer wrote: Pic 3: "A lot of things will be clarified so"
You better have some great mystery coming up .. because honestly it seems like another love related and since last years its all been lovey-dovey. Although the last case was good as in how he mixed kaito with the mystery of scotch but still i need some BO dev man.. its been too long since we got some RUM related. Show him doing some activity.
blackmoon

Post by blackmoon »

Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:
You better have some great mystery coming up .. because honestly it seems like another love related and since last years its all been lovey-dovey. Although the last case was good as in how he mixed kaito with the mystery of scotch but still i need some BO dev man.. its been too long since we got some RUM related. Show him doing some activity.
Yeah, above anything else i just hope he would clarify the part about introducing Momiji Ooka (大岡 紅葉) out of thin air in the file case about the Curse of the Nue (Manga: 962, Anime: 874). Literally nothing is known about her, yet she dropped in just like the JSDF (Japanese self-defense force) from helicopter that appeared in the same file. ;D
Why introduce such a character at such a timing during the RUM arc? ;) tea time https://youtu.be/sL_Mem6r5bI
"one should stick with one's original plan" (初志貫徹 shoshi kantetsu) ;)
Spoiler:
DCUniverseAficionado

blackmoon wrote:
Tantei San wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, above anything else i just hope he would clarify the part about introducing Momiji Ooka (大岡 紅葉) out of thin air in the file case about the Curse of the Nue (Manga: 962, Anime: 874). Literally nothing is known about her, yet she dropped in just like the JSDF (Japanese self-defense force) from helicopter that appeared in the same file. ;D
Why introduce such a character at such a timing during the RUM arc? ;) tea time https://youtu.be/sL_Mem6r5bI
Well, in terms of out-of-universe reasons, it's because Gosho wanted to introduce her before Movie 21.

In terms of in-universe reasons... she may have a role to play in this arc that isn't creating a love triangle. If not... if she is just here to create a love triangle... that would be a waste.
Last edited by DCUniverseAficionado on November 29th, 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.