Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Mystery Poll: Break

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Koji speculation question, or something completely different?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
the new one

Post by the new one »

Kor wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Mystery Poll!

Poll #13:

What do you think is the secret connection between Vermouth and the Boss?

Some other form of connection - 26% (15 votes)
She's the Boss's daughter - 21% (12 votes)
She's the Boss's mother - 14% (8 votes)
She's the Boss's lover - 10% (6 votes)
She's the Boss's adopted daughter - 5% (3 votes)
She's the Boss's favorite member - 5% (3 votes)
She's the Boss's wife - 3% (2 votes)
Some other sort of family relation - 3% (2 votes)
She's the Boss's best friend - 3% (2 votes)
She's the Boss's favorite actress - 3% (2 votes)
They don't have a secret connection - 3% (2 votes)
She's the Boss's sister - 2% (1 vote)
She's the Boss's granddaughter - 0% (0 votes)
She's the Boss's grandmother - 0% (0 votes)

Date started: 06/15/15
Date ended: 06/29/15
Manga status: 924

Total votes: 58

Image of the final results:
Spoiler:
----------------------
Don't you think it is strange and funny that the majority voted for some other kind of relation though the options tried to cover nearly all possibilities?
I am afraid that our guess is right and the some other kind of relation is hostility or grudge or hatred..
This will make Bourbon's statement more plausible in my opinion.. "I'm sure the other members would be quite surprised if they knew... To think that you are the boss's ..." let's say "enemy"
If that turned out to be true, I certainly would drop the series and never watch it again!
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

While it's true that that specific option got the most votes, it'd be incorrect to say that the majority voted for it (as in, 15 out of 58 is not a majority).

Technicalities aside, though, due to the soap opera nature of this series in the recent few years, I wouldn't dismiss an actual connection (love or familial relation, etc.) too easily.
Plus I may be not remembering right, but doesn't Conan exclaim that when Vermouth looked at the phone after receiving the text from the boss she had that weird expression? (don't remember the exact words).

As far as dropping the series goes, I'm under the impression that when Vermouth finally reveals all of her secrets, the manga would be in its final stages anyway, so if you stuck with it that far, it might be a bad place to drop it considering it'd be the near end (but that's just a speculation)
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Kor wrote:While it's true that that specific option got the most votes, it'd be incorrect to say that the majority voted for it (as in, 15 out of 58 is not a majority).

Technicalities aside, though, due to the soap opera nature of this series in the recent few years, I wouldn't dismiss an actual connection (love or familial relation, etc.) too easily.
Plus I may be not remembering right, but doesn't Conan exclaim that when Vermouth looked at the phone after receiving the text from the boss she had that weird expression? (don't remember the exact words).

As far as dropping the series goes, I'm under the impression that when Vermouth finally reveals all of her secrets, the manga would be in its final stages anyway, so if you stuck with it that far, it might be a bad place to drop it considering it'd be the near end (but that's just a speculation)
He only heard the sound of the phone, and from the tone he thought that she was sad/lonely, but later on realized that it was actually the Seven Children song as far as I know.
Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

Gosho confirmed in his card that Vermouth is not the boss' wife. For me, it's highly plausible that she's the boss' mother, her being his daughter wouldn't be surprising at all. She stopped aging a long time ago, she must be old and the BO doesn't know about her aging problem, if they knew the boss is her son, they would assume he's a child and it will be the perfect metaphor : the boss is an evil version of Conan and he has the same condition than Shinichi. Also how will the BO react if they find they obey to a boss in a weak condition? He'll be in danger.
Last edited by Shinichi Edogawa on February 18th, 2016, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:Gosho confirmed in his card that Vermouth is not the boss' wife.
In that postcard, it was never clarified whether Gosho meant Vermouth was the boss' wife or James' wife, since he said in the same postcard that James wasn't the boss. I will say, however, it is, indeed, most likely that he meant that Vermouth isn't the boss' wife. The boss would have to be pretty apathetic about Vermouth having sex with Gin for him to continue being her husband or not punishing/killing Gin.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Incomplete-tantei
"No Pain, No Gain."

Post by Incomplete-tantei »

Shinichi Edogawa wrote:Gosho confirmed in his card that Vermouth is not the boss' wife. For me, it's highly plausible that she's the boss' mother, her being his daughter wouldn't be surprising at all. She stopped aging a long time ago, she must be old and the BO doesn't know about her aging problem, if they knew the boss is her son, they would assume he's a child and it will be the perfect metaphor : the boss is an evil version of Conan and he has the same condition than Shinichi. Also how will the BO react if they find they obey to a boss in a weak condition? He'll be in danger.

How can't the BO know about her aging problem ? It's not like she's new in the BO, she's probably one of the first founders of the BO. She's been staying long enough in the BO, so the other members know that she doesn't age normally.
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Shinichi Edogawa wrote:Gosho confirmed in his card that Vermouth is not the boss' wife.
In that postcard, it was never clarified whether Gosho meant Vermouth was the boss' wife or James' wife, since he said in the same postcard that James wasn't the boss. I will say, however, it is, indeed, most likely that he meant that Vermouth isn't the boss' wife. The boss would have to be pretty apathetic about Vermouth having sex with Gin for him to continue being her husband or not punishing/killing Gin.
you say it as if the boss would know about the affair... of course vermouth wouldn't tell him(having enough secrets as it is)... either way, I doubt she is his wife,...but we should think on what's the most likelihood that the rest of the BO would start a feud/dispute if they found out about her relationship with the Boss...
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

Incomplete-tantei => Vermouth didn't say anything about Conan and Ai because she was afraid the BO would have made the connection between their condition and her aging problem, so the BO doesn't know about that.
After maybe she's not the boss' mother, it's just a theory but I found it interesting. Of course, to find that the boss is a child would not be very surprising because we already have three person like that (Conan, Ai, Mary) but it will a very good twist.
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #21

Post by Kor »

New poll is up
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

BO IMO.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

I can't say.
DCUniverseAficionado

I always had this thought that Shuichi's father was in the BO. I'd say it's looking more likely, with the confirmation that he wasn't FBI.
KuwabaraTheMan

Post by KuwabaraTheMan »

My gut feeling was MI6 due to the various British hints for Sera. I'd say I'm only about 40% on that being the case, though.
Ran-dezvous

Post by Ran-dezvous »

Daddy Akai as a BO member is seriously a thing? Wow, the DCTP community's a lot more optimistic than I thought. . . . :o
Wakarimashita (on the spoiler cbox) wrote:DC has become a fascinating study on the optimism of man. 85 volumes, a plot more stretched than that of the Bible, and yet people still have hope. ^^
Disclaimer: I did not make my avatar; I just took it from Mystery Manila's Facebook page and resized it.