Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Re: Mystery Poll: #18

Post by Jecka »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Wakarimashita wrote:'Rum's voice will be heard, but it will be distorted'.

But I believe 'Rum will merely appear as a vague or shadowy figure' is possible too.
Agreed.
^
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Heliotropic wrote:I don't see them doing a reveal like Movie 18, not with what we have now anyways... In Movie 18's case, there was at least quite a bit to draw from, so finding out that Subaru was Akai didn't really mean much. On the contrary, are there even any Rum suspects really worth looking at?
It was still official confirmation, though. Nevertheless, your point is well taken. :)

Rum suspects...

Hyoue = RED HERRING

Kansuke = RED HERRING + Confirmed by Gosho (at least twice)

Kiyonaga = Gosho would have to render some of the last panels of Page 16 (or 18, maybe) of File 80 to make it work + Rum would likely have been in BO from the beginning of his life... I don't see him letting himself get scarred when he's well into his BO career (Kiyonaga was 30 in the flashback, I think)

Heizo = Father of upstanding detective, husband of upstanding wife, both of whom had at least one big moral speech... maybe not his best move, as Rum, to have his son and wife be potential threats to his freedom

Taka'aki is the only suspect I can't really rule out, even though he and the four I just mentioned have all had opportunities to see Shinichi's/Conan's intelligence, and Hyoue and Kansuke have both seen Shiho/Ai (Kansuke in File 681, I think). Kiyonaga may have seen her in File 807 or File 808 when she came into Police HQ. That leaves Heizo and Taka'aki without seeing her—Rum may not know of Shinichi Kudo that well, so seeing his intellect would be just something Rum would be curious about, rather than alarm bell ringing, "He should be dead!"... that applies for Shiho/Ai, though—Rum seeing Shiho/Ai should lead to things happening.
Heliotropic wrote:I'm just being overly optimistic. For such a speedy resolution, well... I think most of us know where this is likely to end up :-X
You can thank the Bourbon arc for that! :-\
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Heliotropic wrote:I don't see them doing a reveal like Movie 18, not with what we have now anyways... In Movie 18's case, there was at least quite a bit to draw from, so finding out that Subaru was Akai didn't really mean much. On the contrary, are there even any Rum suspects really worth looking at?
It was still official confirmation, though. Nevertheless, your point is well taken. :)

Rum suspects...

Hyoue = RED HERRING

Kansuke = RED HERRING + Confirmed by Gosho (at least twice)

Kiyonaga = Gosho would have to render some of the last panels of Page 16 (or 18, maybe) of File 80 to make it work + Rum would likely have been in BO from the beginning of his life... I don't see him letting himself get scarred when he's well into his BO career (Kiyonaga was 30 in the flashback, I think)

Heizo = Father of upstanding detective, husband of upstanding wife, both of whom had at least one big moral speech... maybe not his best move, as Rum, to have his son and wife be potential threats to his freedom

Taka'aki is the only suspect I can't really rule out, even though he and the four I just mentioned have all had opportunities to see Shinichi's/Conan's intelligence, and Hyoue and Kansuke have both seen Shiho/Ai (Kansuke in File 681, I think). Kiyonaga may have seen her in File 807 or File 808 when she came into Police HQ. That leaves Heizo and Taka'aki without seeing her—Rum may not know of Shinichi Kudo that well, so seeing his intellect would be just something Rum would be curious about, rather than alarm bell ringing, "He should be dead!"... that applies for Shiho/Ai, though—Rum seeing Shiho/Ai should lead to things happening.
I agree with all of that, while I don't like the idea that Taka'aki is RUM, it's not impossible, but his friendship with Kansuke would be weird if that's the case, I think we should wait until more RUM cases happen, at some point I think that Conan will realize that RUM's characteristics might not be physical.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Voted: Rum will merely appear as a vague or shadowy figure

The distorted voice option would be my second guess.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Uchiha Shadow wrote:While I don't like the idea that Taka'aki is RUM, it's not impossible, but his friendship with Kansuke would be weird if that's the case, I think we should wait until more RUM cases happen, at some point I think that Conan will realize that RUM's characteristics might not be physical.
Maybe their friendship is for the purpose of showing it'll be hard for Kansuke to bring him down, if Taka'aki is Rum.

The false eye could easily be a setup by Rum to mislead people—knowing how BO character-centered cases start, Shinichi/Conan will stumble on something that makes Rum's identity clearer.
Kor wrote:Voted: Rum will merely appear as a vague or shadowy figure

The distorted voice option would be my second guess.
These two are the most likely options, I think.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #19

Post by Kor »

New poll is up
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Voted 'Those eyes are just there to generate hype but there won't be any character like that in the movie'.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

I put "Movie only character" just in case
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

"Just a disguise"
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

Movie Only Character, my second choice would be that it's a disguise, maybe RUM would appear like that, it won't reveal the identity and RUM would appear at the same time.
wrd

Post by wrd »

Movie only character .
Spoiler:
43% for Rum ?! :o people surely are so optimistic.
Oxynou

Post by Oxynou »

wrd wrote:Movie only character .
Spoiler:
43% for Rum ?! :o people surely are so optimistic.
Spoiler:
Given that Gosho said Rum will be on the movie, i don't think it is to exaggerate :P
Spoiler:
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #20

Post by Kor »

New poll is up here
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

Who are all these people who think Akemi was adopted? I've never heard the idea once.
DCUniverseAficionado

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:Who are all these people who think Akemi was adopted? I've never heard the idea once.
That makes two of us.