Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Mystery Poll: #20

Post by MoonRaven »

Maybe they just needed more options and some... well, some thought it was the best idea of all. Even less relation you know...

Or something
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Half-siblings.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

I have actually never heard of that I dea before either, but I thought it made more sense plot-wise... because it felt wierd, if Akemi and Haibara were half siblings, how seemingly close Elena and Akemi seemed if she was her stepmother...
If they chose to adopt her because of failed pregnancies OR death of comrades(who were akemi's parents), then that would fit better into what has been shown in the story...of course, Akemi doesn't have to look like her sister or mother to be related, but her character design features must look similar to Atsushi, or it would contradict Gosho usual design style.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

I'm disappointed in Gosho...
(802, 824, 942)

I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:I'm disappointed in Gosho...
(802, 824, 942)

Of which implications, specifically? Just the most obvious one, or...?
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

(802, 824, 942)

Yeah I know he used the same picture in the three flashback,that's boring,he could have drawn something else,it's not like we have many pics with Akemi and Akai...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

AICHAN wrote:
(802, 824, 942)

Yeah I know he used the same picture in the three flashback,that's boring,he could have drawn something else,it's not like we have many pics with Akemi and Akai...
Though I take it the disappointment goes beyond that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Does Gosho even do the backgrounds ?
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Wakarimashita wrote:Does Gosho even do the backgrounds ?
He collects the material (photos/data) personally and they all draw them. I guess filler buildings are assistant's jobs but the main setting for the case obviously requires Gosho to draw it.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
So you think Gosho's being lazy, in this respect? I don't disagree, since those are really the only images of her we've seen since Clash.

And what about the increasing likelihood of her turning out to be Ran's cousin and Shiho's half-sister? Is that disappointing, as well?
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

I just got a random thought here when talking about Ran... How long has it been since we last saw Eri?
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

MoonRaven wrote:I just got a random thought here when talking about Ran... How long has it been since we last saw Eri?
the Hospital tea party case where Burboun suddenly remembers Elena

She was at the beginning of the case as Korogo's reason to go to the hospital.

Or was she in the Shin / Ran flashback ??
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Or was she in the Shin / Ran flashback ??
Indeed.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

haa, thanks. those were sort of good cameos because they didn't have Kogoro womanizing someone else and Eri being angry about it. I mean sure, she got a bit short with Kogoro's comments but... It is expected.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr