Mystery Poll: Poll #37

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Re: Mystery Poll: #16

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Earlier in the chat box there was therorization that
the new couple might be famous people, based on the
way that the hint was phrased.

What if its Kenzaki Osamu
and he shows up dressed as Detective Samonji
so Gosho can screw with us more on the one-eyed people
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki ... ve_Samonji

Kenzaki's most recent appearance (if I remember correctly)
was the forbidden fruits case with Masumi.

He had an earlier appearance where he pretended
to be in a relationship, but it turned out to be
as a way to test someone else's relationship.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Earlier in the chat box there was therorization that

Hmm...

It could also be Yoko Okino and Ryusuke Higo, though.

If you look at the Kite case (Files 885–887, Episodes 765–766), they both blush—Yoko as she sees who that "certain person" is in the video she's shown, and Higo, during entire said video.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Earlier in the chat box there was therorization that

Hmm...

It could also be Yoko Okino and Ryusuke Higo, though.

If you look at the Kite case (Files 885–887, Episodes 765–766), they both blush—Yoko as she sees who that "certain person" is in the video she's shown, and Higo, during entire said video.
I didn't really want to take part in this discussion since it doesn't interest me, but I read somewhere that the character Gosho used in the Animal Crossing Game is the same one he uses for Haibara, and thus it seems that this new couple bothers Haibara, so it's possible that it's Yoko and Higo.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Uchiha Shadow wrote: I didn't really want to take part in this discussion since it doesn't interest me, but I read somewhere that the character Gosho used in the Animal Crossing Game is the same one he uses for Haibara, and thus it seems that this new couple bothers Haibara, so it's possible that it's Yoko and Higo.
Gosho has 4 different Animal crossings characters that he uses regularly. They are named after the 4 suites of playing cards
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Vi-Greythorn

Re: Mystery Poll: Break

Post by Vi-Greythorn »

I expect that the mysterious girl's sister Elena, because the girl resembling Haibara
" memories of someone who's passed away remain beautiful forever and a person's heart will linger , over they , they say "
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Re: Mystery Poll: Break

Post by Kahomi »

If Elena and the Mysterious Child are sisters then Akai dated his cousin :)) (though it's not his fault :)) )
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
Kor
Administrator

Re: Mystery Poll: #18

Post by Kor »

The new poll is up here
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

I voted " Rum's voice will be heard" just because I think it will be badass.
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

'Rum's voice will be heard, but it will be distorted'.

But I believe 'Rum will merely appear as a vague or shadowy figure' is possible too.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Heliotropic

Post by Heliotropic »

I went with "Rum's identity will be revealed" (Being overly optimistic here ;D)

Though what I really meant was that he'd make a direct appearance in the movie, not behind a silhouette or just a voice. I do not expect his identity to be revealed in the movie, not with the information we have. Of course, I only expect a direct appearance of Rum if he shows up in the manga before the movie is airing. I'd find it strange for them to do something similar to M18 with the information we currently have.

If Rum isn't revealed in the manga before the movie airs, I only expect an extremely subtle appearance from him.
TanteiSa

Post by TanteiSa »

I voted "A glass of rum will appear in the film, not the actual member" ::)
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Wakarimashita wrote:'Rum's voice will be heard, but it will be distorted'.

But I believe 'Rum will merely appear as a vague or shadowy figure' is possible too.
Agreed.
Heliotropic wrote:I went with "Rum's identity will be revealed" (Being overly optimistic here ;D)

Though what I really meant was that he'd make a direct appearance in the movie, not behind a silhouette or just a voice. I do not expect his identity to be revealed in the movie, not with the information we have. Of course, I only expect a direct appearance of Rum if he shows up in the manga before the movie is airing. I'd find it strange for them to do something similar to M18 with the information we currently have.

If Rum isn't revealed in the manga before the movie airs, I only expect an extremely subtle appearance from him.
You mean, Rum will appear as an actual character, but we won't know that character is Rum? (Yet)

Dimensional Sniper was the 20th Anniversary of the manga, and Scarlet Showdown was starting to come out, at the time—that's why it was so strange.

We'll likely have to wait and see what the AC hints indicate in April (if anything) about the manga case coming out as the movie comes out (the spoilers that will come out, to be specific—they might just make an exception and release the spoilers, at least, if the case is related to Rum).
TanteiSa wrote:I voted "A glass of rum will appear in the film, not the actual member" ::)
8-)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kahomi
Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Post by Kahomi »

I voted for "A bunch of recurring..." Hope that they're only 3 people at maximum :))
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
PT
Community Mad Scientist
to cammel's bav we go!

Post by PT »

I voted that Rum will be mentioned but will not appear, as that seems the most likely option.
pofa wrote: I have never done a single thing wrong in mafia, never one lie or act of violence
Heliotropic

Post by Heliotropic »

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Heliotropic wrote:I went with "Rum's identity will be revealed" (Being overly optimistic here ;D)

You mean, Rum will appear as an actual character, but we won't know that character is Rum? (Yet)
Yep, essentially. I'm only even assuming Rum will make an actual appearance in Movie 20 if he shows up in the manga before its release. In that case, it really isn't a "reveal". Though as mentioned, I'm just being overly optimistic. For such a speedy resolution, well... I think most of us know where this is likely to end up :-X

If he doesn't show up in the manga before April, I'm assuming he'll show up as a silhouette or some other subtle appearance. I don't see them doing a reveal like Movie 18, not with what we have now anyways... In Movie 18's case, there was at least quite a bit to draw from, so finding out that Subaru was Akai didn't really mean much. On the contrary, are there even any Rum suspects really worth looking at?