Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1245

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » September 22nd, 2016, 11:47 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:It's more than just the widow's peak(as I've addressed in the similarities).

Since questions regarding the Hondou hasn't been popping up, there's no reason to address it in AC/interviews/postcards.


I know—I've read the theory. But it's what prompted the extra confidence ("my theory's about to be confirmed"), right?

Well, we'll have to wait and see if he does.

Until the he actually does, though...

KaitoRizu wrote:It's pretty common in anime and manga to have similar looking character arts drawn by the same artist when they don't really look alike in the story...


MoonRaven wrote:Same face syndrome. Quite common with mangakas who have the distinct style of drawing characters. Gosho being one of them.
*points at Arina Tanemura and Rumiko Takahashi*
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 695

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » September 23rd, 2016, 12:08 am

Vermouth, Yukiko, Yoko, Yumi, and Eri

Image
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Image
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » September 23rd, 2016, 5:43 am

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:I know—I've read the theory. But it's what prompted the extra confidence ("my theory's about to be confirmed"), right?

Well, we'll have to wait and see if he does.

Until the he actually does, though...

KaitoRizu wrote:It's pretty common in anime and manga to have similar looking character arts drawn by the same artist when they don't really look alike in the story...


MoonRaven wrote:Same face syndrome. Quite common with mangakas who have the distinct style of drawing characters. Gosho being one of them.
*points at Arina Tanemura and Rumiko Takahashi*

I was saying it looked like it was getting closer to being true, not in the most confident way(sorry if I sounded so absolute about it).
I brought this up because of the extra undeniable similarity between 17/18-year-old Shuukichi and 17-year-old Eisuke. Overall, it's just a theory,... that could explain some of the vague implications we have gotten in the past(as I have addressed). Whether people want to believe it is a different matter.

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Vermouth, Yukiko, Yoko, Yumi, and Eri

Image


The big difference is that Vermouth's, Yukiko's and Yoko's hair has always been flexible to different hair styles(they don't always have that specific curl). Kir and Akai on the other hand has that forelock as a defining feature for their character design!(not to mention its position).
Another big difference is that there is more than just a forelock similarity involved in this theory.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
sanchai95
User avatar
Posts: 17

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby sanchai95 » November 2nd, 2016, 1:21 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.

The eyes where obviously inherited from their mother! If you're saying kuroda is related to them because of the gleamy eyes, mistaken for theirs, then you're saying that he is related to their mother, who's hinted to be a foreigner, british to be exact(if she is the mystery girl, which I highly believe). Would you claim Kuroda to have british origins?

Yes exactly, plus the fact that he only drink black tea could indicate that he's british. But for now I can't say for sure. Maybe Gosho is only messing with us.


Then, you're probably saying that he is an half japanese as well right? Because why would he have a japanese name? But why didn't the others find any notable foreign characteristics? are you saying he didn't inherit any british looks?
....I know, it's too many questions, when you're not even sure, but it just doesn't make sense to me right now that he would be related to them with the introduced looks and title he has at the moment(unless they were fake, which would lead us to a whole different theory about him), as mentioned it doesn't look like akai's and sera's eyes at all, and it could've just been a shadow under his eye.

alphajjc wrote:^Speaking of Gin I would not be surprised if he was Koruda's son


Woaah!! I never even considered that! !!! That would've been awesome, would connect us to a gin arc, revealing his relationship with sherry, ... but as of now, not much can really be said about that...and if he really was his son, shouldn't gin be dark haired? Because if you remember, according to kuroda's backstory, his hair suddenly turned white from black as he was in a coma(if this story was true, which I highly doubt). Even if he was fake, and took the real kuroda's place, would you say he's the son of the original kuroda or the fake one?(note that the fake one's appearence might not resemble gin at all) :/


Just a thought, Masumi, Shuiichi and Shukichi are all half British as we've established the mum is foreign while the Akai father is japanese. But no western features there! So you may never know.
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to over but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 2nd, 2016, 1:30 pm

sanchai95 wrote:Just a thought, Masumi, Shuichi and Shukichi are all half British as we've established the mum is foreign while the Akai father is japanese. But no western features there! So you may never know.

Well, that's only true for Sera and Shuukichi... Akai has the exact same eye pupil as foreigners (his mother).......while Shuukichi took on more from his father.....
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
lavendragon
User avatar

Capt. Kaizo is so cool isn't he? <3
--
Hello everyone! Just call me Ell ^^

Posts: 43

Contact:

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby lavendragon » November 2nd, 2016, 8:39 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
sanchai95 wrote:Just a thought, Masumi, Shuichi and Shukichi are all half British as we've established the mum is foreign while the Akai father is japanese. But no western features there! So you may never know.

Well, that's only true for Sera and Shuukichi... Akai has the exact same eye pupil as foreigners (his mother).......while Shuukichi took on more from his father.....


Just want to say, all three of them have green eyes. In DC universe, green eyes indicates that someone have foreign blood. But not all foreigners (or half-foreigners) have green eyes.
DC has been an important part of my childhood, it's one of those shows that I watched as a kid.
I begin to take DC seriously in 2012 when curiosity of BO got the better of me. And I never regretted that. ;)
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 695

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » November 2nd, 2016, 8:51 pm

lavendragon wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
sanchai95 wrote:Just a thought, Masumi, Shuichi and Shukichi are all half British as we've established the mum is foreign while the Akai father is japanese. But no western features there! So you may never know.

Well, that's only true for Sera and Shuukichi... Akai has the exact same eye pupil as foreigners (his mother).......while Shuukichi took on more from his father.....


Just want to say, all three of them have green eyes. In DC universe, green eyes indicates that someone have foreign blood. But not all foreigners (or half-foreigners) have green eyes.


Green eyes is anime specific. All of the characters in the manga usually have blue or blue-grey eyes, including the Akai family.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Image
lavendragon
User avatar

Capt. Kaizo is so cool isn't he? <3
--
Hello everyone! Just call me Ell ^^

Posts: 43

Contact:

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby lavendragon » November 2nd, 2016, 9:20 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:Green eyes is anime specific. All of the characters in the manga usually have blue or blue-grey eyes, including the Akai family.


Whoops, I forgot to mention that it's anime-only. Thanks for the clarification ^^
DC has been an important part of my childhood, it's one of those shows that I watched as a kid.
I begin to take DC seriously in 2012 when curiosity of BO got the better of me. And I never regretted that. ;)
sanchai95
User avatar
Posts: 17

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby sanchai95 » November 3rd, 2016, 12:28 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:Well, that's only true for Sera and Shuukichi... Akai has the exact same eye pupil as foreigners (his mother).......while Shuukichi took on more from his father.....


Never took that into consideration, so in the manga is there a way to tell if they are foreigners? For example Haibara is also eurasian but apparently when it was disclosed to the DB that she was mocked they were surprised to find out that she was half?
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to over but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 3rd, 2016, 1:01 pm

sanchai95 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:Well, that's only true for Sera and Shuukichi... Akai has the exact same eye pupil as foreigners (his mother).......while Shuukichi took on more from his father.....


Never took that into consideration, so in the manga is there a way to tell if they are foreigners? For example Haibara is also eurasian but apparently when it was disclosed to the DB that she was mocked they were surprised to find out that she was half?
One feature is their eye pupils. It's the same design as when DC character eye widen from shock.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 24th, 2016, 7:10 am

So... For those that haven't read the spoilers for File 983 (In case it reveals new info)... what do you think about this connection?

Image Related with Image

(They have the same Kanji for "Wada")

Is his name fake or real?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Wakarimashita
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 3537

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby Wakarimashita » December 24th, 2016, 7:54 am

Wada (和田) is quite a common last name in Japan. I think this theory is reaching it. But who knows...
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 835

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby Spimer » December 24th, 2016, 8:49 am

WARNING! Spoilers for file 983! Read at your own risk!

Spoiler:
Turns out Wada Shinichi was a fake name and just a disguise for Momiji's family butler, Iori Muga, who'd come to evalutate Heiji at Momiji's request.

His name was taken, as many had guessed, from one of the early Japanese-translated editions of "Study in Scarlet" where it was the "Japanized" name for Watson.

Conan did spot the connection and realized there was someone who had the "Holmes role" instructing him over the phone and that was Momiji.

So, sadly enough, there's no connection between these two characters.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 24th, 2016, 9:40 am

Wakarimashita wrote:Wada (和田) is quite a common last name in Japan. I think this theory is reaching it. But who knows...

I'm leaning more towards it being fake, and that he simply used Watson's localized japanese name for his alias.
Some think he is connected to the game that Momiji plays, due to the Hyakunin Isshu reference (really hope he is connected to the plot).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
kkuuddoo
User avatar
Posts: 144

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby kkuuddoo » December 24th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Spoiler:
For some reason I feel stupid with this case, I mean most of us expected him to be someone relevant to he plot with conan, heiji and bourbon in the same place.

But After seeing the latest spoiler ( quite disappointing ) we all were wrong, and he was just a stupid butler.

So the reason I feel stupid is because ever since after vermouth ark, nothing would happen plot related around heiji, I keep asking myself, why was I so excited for no reason, knowing that fact heiji is not really involved in the main plot, He only knows Conan is shinichi and have helped him a little bit, Conan will not tell him anything, so I should have been more logical with this, oh well, good job Gosho you fooled most of us !

Maybe Heiji was not involved with nothing at all in fact, he only helped Conan investigate Jodie, as a possible vermouth, and he helped with the halloween party, remind me if I missed anything
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests