Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 19th, 2015, 2:49 pm

WARNING!

THIS THREAD HAS A LOT OF SPOILERS INCLUDED SINCE IT REVOLVES AROUND THE LATEST CHAPTERS/STORY! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SPOILER-FREE DISCUSSION THREAD, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.


Here's the Topic where you can Discuss and post Theories about Possible Relations between Characters!


Summary of all the mentioned "Possible relations":

- Mr. Akai and Mrs. Hondou being siblings (by me)

- Kuroda and Gin being Father and son (by alphajjc)

- Mary and Mrs. Hondou being sisters (by yangti1674)

- Wakasa Rumi and Scotch being related (by passingthrough)


--------------------------------------------

Akai/Hondou Theory

So I've had this theory, or idea, for quite some time now and really wanted to discuss the possibility of this theory being...a possibility. This a an idea I have had way back, and some of you might have read about it before, but I to wanted firmly discuss it in this topic.

I want to discuss the possibility of Akai's father and hidemi's mother being related, or simply put, being siblings. [NOTE: This idea is solely based on the fact that shuukichi Haneda is the middle brother!]

Here's what I wrote a long time ago:
viewtopic.php?p=813178#p813178

In terms of looks, there are a lot of similarities between the two families(the Akai and the Hondou). to be more specific, I'll divide the characteristics heritage of the the kids in the families:

Mrs. Akai(if mystery girl is the mother)
Sera's hair
Sera's eyes and eyebags
Akai's eyes and eyebags

Mr. Akai
Shuukichi's face(overall look)
Shuukichi's eyes(Possibly)
Shuukichi's hair colour(Possibly)
Sera's hair colour(Possibly)
Akai's Hair colour(Possibly)
Akai's forelock(Possibly)

Mrs. Hondou
Hidemi's face(overall look)
Hidemi's eyes
Hidemi's hair colour(Possibly, if her mother is white-haired because of old-age in the manga)
Hidemi's forelock(Possibly)
Eisuke's eyes
Eisuke's hair colour(Possibly)

Mr. Ethan Hondou
Hidemi's and Eisuke's hair colour(if not from their mother)

What seems quite interesting to me is that hidemi and akai look quite alike! almost like a female version of him. This is something even Gosho highlighted during Clash of Red and Black, when Akai registrated her into the hospital as his sister, meaning they looked somewhat similar at the very least to make sense. What also is something to note is that shuukichi almost looks like an adult version of eisuke. where as they both wear glasses, act a bit childish, have very similar eyes, and also notable hair sticking out in front of their ears. One can wonder if hidemi and shuukichi were intentionally designed to look like Akai and eisuke(In that specific order because akai was introduced before hidemi, just like eisuke being introduced before shuuikichi).....or not...
Which is why I wanted to discuss the validity of this idea being simply possible!

A very estimated look on how akai's father could look like(which is solely made to present my point and not something to be taken as a fact): (OUTDATED)
Image

discussion questions:
Is hidemi aware, or have an idea, of such relations with the Akai family or has she simply never heard of her mother's maiden name?
Is it possible for her to have never heard of her mother's surname(that could be Akai) because of the fact that she was busy in Osaka and later in the US studying?
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on January 12th, 2017, 12:16 pm, edited 18 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
unclesporkums
User avatar

The one you'd never suspect...

Posts: 400

Contact:

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby unclesporkums » February 19th, 2015, 6:46 pm

Spoiler:
Hmm.. Are you suggesting he might be Kuroda?
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 19th, 2015, 6:49 pm

unclesporkums wrote:
Spoiler:
Hmm.. Are you suggesting he might be Kuroda?
Nope, at the moment, I'm suggesting he could be hidemi and eisuke's uncle!
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
unclesporkums
User avatar

The one you'd never suspect...

Posts: 400

Contact:

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby unclesporkums » February 19th, 2015, 7:17 pm

No, I was aware of that, your hypothetical older drawing just looked a lot like Kuroda, is all.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 19th, 2015, 8:06 pm

unclesporkums wrote:No, I was aware of that, your hypothetical older drawing just looked a lot like Kuroda, is all.

Yeah, I thought that was what you meant cuz he seems similar
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Osaka Detective
User avatar
Posts: 150

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby Osaka Detective » February 20th, 2015, 10:13 am

That sounds like a pretty awesome idea but it's more of on the basis of introducing the Hondous back into the plot naturally. Though it does draw the question on how it'll furthen the plt (especially Rum Arc which seems to deviate from the Akai-Sera Stuff)

The Eisuke-Shuukichi comparison made sense, I guess xd
Image
Hattori Heiji-Haibara Ai-Azusa Enomoto-Kudo Shinchi-Subaru Okiya-Kansuke Yamamoto-Yui Yuehara-Hidemi Hondou
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 20th, 2015, 12:04 pm

Osaka Detective wrote:That sounds like a pretty awesome idea but it's more of on the basis of introducing the Hondous back into the plot naturally. Though it does draw the question on how it'll furthen the plt (especially Rum Arc which seems to deviate from the Akai-Sera Stuff)

The Eisuke-Shuukichi comparison made sense, I guess xd

Right??? :) so if that was possible, wouldn't you find it wierd that hidemi didn't react to the fact that Akai had the same surename as her mother? Or is it possible that she did during the Clash of Red and Black, but we mistook it for something else?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
unclesporkums
User avatar

The one you'd never suspect...

Posts: 400

Contact:

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby unclesporkums » February 20th, 2015, 12:30 pm

It was brought up here around the time of Hidemi's return to the org, where she was passed off as his sister that they looked related. Now we know why.
"Let's decide once and for all, Vermouth! No more hide-and-seek!!" - Conan Edogawa

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclesporkums?feature=mhee
Deviantart: http://drmuttonchops3.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://unclesporkums.tumblr.com/
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 20th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 20th, 2015, 7:53 pm

AwD4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.

The eyes where obviously inherited from their mother! If you're saying kuroda is related to them because of the gleamy eyes, mistaken for theirs, then you're saying that he is related to their mother, who's hinted to be a foreigner, british to be exact(if she is the mystery girl, which I highly believe). Would you claim Kuroda to have british origins?
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.

The eyes where obviously inherited from their mother! If you're saying kuroda is related to them because of the gleamy eyes, mistaken for theirs, then you're saying that he is related to their mother, who's hinted to be a foreigner, british to be exact(if she is the mystery girl, which I highly believe). Would you claim Kuroda to have british origins?

Yes exactly, plus the fact that he only drink black tea could indicate that he's british. But for now I can't say for sure. Maybe Gosho is only messing with us.
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 695

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » February 20th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Spoiler:
As for the comments in the last few replies about Kuroda, I don't really think the thing seen under Kuroda's eye looks anything like the mark from the Akai family. Look at them side by side
ImageImage

As for another thing I wanted to point out, it seems like the MG's eye art has change slightly. It might support the idea that the two families are related
ImageImage

As for Kuroda's eye... it might just be a shadow effect. The mark does not appear in all of the images of Kuroda. It seems to act like the same mark under Gin's eyes. Sometimes it is there and some times it is not there.
ImageImage
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Image
alphajjc
Posts: 89

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby alphajjc » February 20th, 2015, 10:35 pm

^Speaking of Gin I would not be surprised if he was Koruda's son
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 21st, 2015, 2:05 am

You're making a good point. I think at this point its hard to know what's true or what's not. New hints will come soon, we just have to be patient
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1095

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 21st, 2015, 2:05 am

AwD4869 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.

The eyes where obviously inherited from their mother! If you're saying kuroda is related to them because of the gleamy eyes, mistaken for theirs, then you're saying that he is related to their mother, who's hinted to be a foreigner, british to be exact(if she is the mystery girl, which I highly believe). Would you claim Kuroda to have british origins?

Yes exactly, plus the fact that he only drink black tea could indicate that he's british. But for now I can't say for sure. Maybe Gosho is only messing with us.


Then, you're probably saying that he is an half japanese as well right? Because why would he have a japanese name? But why didn't the others find any notable foreign characteristics? are you saying he didn't inherit any british looks?
....I know, it's too many questions, when you're not even sure, but it just doesn't make sense to me right now that he would be related to them with the introduced looks and title he has at the moment(unless they were fake, which would lead us to a whole different theory about him), as mentioned it doesn't look like akai's and sera's eyes at all, and it could've just been a shadow under his eye.

alphajjc wrote:^Speaking of Gin I would not be surprised if he was Koruda's son


Woaah!! I never even considered that! !!! That would've been awesome, would connect us to a gin arc, revealing his relationship with sherry, ... but as of now, not much can really be said about that...and if he really was his son, shouldn't gin be dark haired? Because if you remember, according to kuroda's backstory, his hair suddenly turned white from black as he was in a coma(if this story was true, which I highly doubt). Even if he was fake, and took the real kuroda's place, would you say he's the son of the original kuroda or the fake one?(note that the fake one's appearence might not resemble gin at all) :/
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests