Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 21st, 2015, 2:15 am

MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
AwD4869 wrote:
Spoiler:
There is something to dig here. Gosho said in an interview that two mothers are sisters. I don't remember which interview but I could find it. Either unclesporkums I think there is definitely something with Kuroda. I noticed that he has the same circle Akai and Sera have under their eyes. I'm pretty sure he's not their father but he's certainly related to them.

The eyes where obviously inherited from their mother! If you're saying kuroda is related to them because of the gleamy eyes, mistaken for theirs, then you're saying that he is related to their mother, who's hinted to be a foreigner, british to be exact(if she is the mystery girl, which I highly believe). Would you claim Kuroda to have british origins?

Yes exactly, plus the fact that he only drink black tea could indicate that he's british. But for now I can't say for sure. Maybe Gosho is only messing with us.


Then, you're probably saying that he is an half japanese as well right? Because why would he have a japanese name? But why didn't the others find any notable foreign characteristics? are you saying he didn't inherit any british looks?
....I know, it's too many questions, when you're not even sure, but it just doesn't make sense to me right now that he would be related to them with the introduced looks and title he has at the moment(unless they were fake, which would lead us to a whole different theory about him), as mentioned it doesn't look like akai's and sera's eyes at all, and it could've just been a shadow under his eye.

Yes, it's a lot of questions and I ask them to myself. For now, we only saw Kuroda in one case and we need more informations about him to really understand who he is. But I have the feeling that he has something important to hide (like a lot of characters :D). Then about the fake identity, it could be possible and I think would be a good scenario to see.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1052

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 21st, 2015, 3:09 am

Yeah, I discussed that thoroughly with @alphajjc, about what's behind the coma story, and it does really point to that he has a fake identity or that a swap took place(considering what yui told us). Kuroda's case looks awfully similar to chris/sharon vineyard's ordeal.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 21st, 2015, 3:44 am

Yes I noticed the similarity between Vermouth and Kuroda. If it's true it open a whole new theories and possibilities about him that could be really cool !
alphajjc
Posts: 89

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby alphajjc » February 21st, 2015, 11:21 am

As of now I'm sure Koruda does not have anything that is much malicious to hide since Conan did his "oh dont worry i think he is alright" thing in the recent chapter. I know Gosho is not really the one who titles the name of the arcs and they are unofficial titles from us fans but I would not be surprised to see a "Gin arc" right after the Rum arc as backwards as that may seem since Rum is the right hand man and Gin's boss,

I can see it happening just to tie up loose ends.

But yeah I can't put a finger on it but Koruda and Gin just seem so alike and seem like a father and son. I can see Koruda in the future when being asked about his family saying something like "I have a son but he is running with some bad people now..."

Imagine the irony Gin's father Koruda on the good side(lets say he is head of the Japanese secret police) and Akai's father(Rum possibly) on the bad side.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1052

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 21st, 2015, 12:22 pm

From my understanding, there's too much mystery involved around kuroda's coma, and Gosho usually has something more in store for characters like that, but on the other hand, saying he's RUM is a bit too early or simply discuss-able(judging from how Gosho handled the kawanakajima case). What conan said was that they didn't have to worry about him. this doesn't neceassary imply that he is no danger to him, but could alternatively mean that he is being delayed as a threat by Gosho so he can drag the series a little away from the plot(This was merely an alternative explanation to why gosho made conan say that to haibara and not something that is intertwined with personal opinion).....

feels like I have to be more clear with my posts bcuz of annoying reasons.. :(
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
alphajjc
Posts: 89

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby alphajjc » February 21st, 2015, 1:27 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:From my understanding, there's too much mystery involved around kuroda's coma, and Gosho usually has something more in store for characters like that, but on the other hand, saying he's RUM is a bit too early or simply discuss-able(judging from how Gosho handled the kawanakajima case). What conan said was that they didn't have to worry about him. this doesn't neceassary imply that he is no danger to him, but could alternatively mean that he is being delayed as a threat by Gosho so he can drag the series a little away from the plot(This was merely an alternative explanation to why gosho made conan say that to haibara and not something that is intertwined with personal opinion).....

feels like I have to be more clear with my posts bcuz of annoying reasons.. :(


Whoever is Rum though likely will be similar to "Moran" who was Moriarty's right hand man and I'm sure Shinichi will bring that up at some point. Lol I keep picturing the Moran that was in Phantom of Baker Street everytime I hear Rum's name
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 21st, 2015, 1:30 pm

I think what Conan said to Haibara about Kuroda is important. I agree with you, he's a threat to Conan, knows about Sleeping Kogoro. For me, since the beginning of the manga Conan was a kind of God, always one step ahead of the organization. And I think he needs to be defeated at least one time because I have the feeling that he's laid back for too long. Maybe Kuroda we'll be the one.
Touichi Kuroba
Posts: 28

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby Touichi Kuroba » February 21st, 2015, 1:36 pm

alphajjc wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:From my understanding, there's too much mystery involved around kuroda's coma, and Gosho usually has something more in store for characters like that, but on the other hand, saying he's RUM is a bit too early or simply discuss-able(judging from how Gosho handled the kawanakajima case). What conan said was that they didn't have to worry about him. this doesn't neceassary imply that he is no danger to him, but could alternatively mean that he is being delayed as a threat by Gosho so he can drag the series a little away from the plot(This was merely an alternative explanation to why gosho made conan say that to haibara and not something that is intertwined with personal opinion).....

feels like I have to be more clear with my posts bcuz of annoying reasons.. :(


Whoever is Rum though likely will be similar to "Moran" who was Moriarty's right hand man and I'm sure Shinichi will bring that up at some point. Lol I keep picturing the Moran that was in Phantom of Baker Street everytime I hear Rum's name

Mouri Ran Mou-ran Moran?Jkjk.But I feel that the Mor in both Moran and Moriarty(atleast one of them)has something to do with the Mouris which is why we haven't seen any relative of Kogorou's.
Last edited by Touichi Kuroba on February 22nd, 2015, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThatLee4
Posts: 46

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby ThatLee4 » February 21st, 2015, 2:22 pm

Intresting topic. Seems to focus more on Kuroda now tho, but is good.

I kinda hope he is RUM as he know's about Conan helping Mouri. But how.

What i dont get tho is that if we are to suspect him as RUM why would he bump into Conan first not Kir or Amouro as spies in the BO which is RUM's job?
Eal
I think Kir holds a very inmportant part in the plot development. As Gosho unlogically avoids involving her in the story where she should naturally be more involved holding a big mission inside the BO. If she is related to Akia this will probably move the plot along drastically. But whatever her plot development Gosho is delaying (told to by publisher) it must be big.

If Kuroda is Gin's dad that would be intresting. Especially as Gin fits the RUM description: strong looking - big tall build, feminine - long hair (covers on eye maybe fake?), old - silver/grey hair. Similar to the hair change of Kuroda in coma. Which i think has more to it like maybe Aptx6849 or a switch with maybe Akia's Dad, looking kinda similar. Akia's das gone missing after swap with RUM to infiltrate the police. And RUM being Gin's dad takes ocer Akia's dad's position? While Akia's dad is missing.
yangti1674
User avatar
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theory (SPOILER!)

Postby yangti1674 » February 21st, 2015, 8:01 pm

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
As for another thing I wanted to point out, it seems like the MG's eye art has change slightly. It might support the idea that the two families are related

I agree with you on the MG part. MG is probably the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi. Gosho slightly changed her eyes on Shukichi's Shogi Tournament case to share some similarities with those of Shukichi's, which also resemble those from the Hondo family. If the Akai and Hondo family are related, it would be both on mother's side, i.e., MG and Mrs. Hondo would be sisters. This could further explain Gosho's recent statement on "two mothers are sisters". MG is implied to have possible health issues, while Mrs. Hondo died early from some disease; this is not common in plot-related characters, which would further be a supporting reason. However, it's hard to see how this relation would be helpful to the DC plot. The resemblance of Shuichi's and Hidemi's hair shape would be just a coincidence since neither of the mothers own the hair shape.
AwD4869
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby AwD4869 » February 22nd, 2015, 2:21 am

I agree with you on the MG part. MG is probably the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi. Gosho slightly changed her eyes on Shukichi's Shogi Tournament case to share some similarities with those of Shukichi's, which also resemble those from the Hondo family. If the Akai and Hondo family are related, it would be both on mother's side, i.e., MG and Mrs. Hondo would be sisters. This could further explain Gosho's recent statement on "two mothers are sisters". MG is implied to have possible health issues, while Mrs. Hondo died early from some disease; this is not common in plot-related characters, which would further be a supporting reason. However, it's hard to see how this relation would be helpful to the DC plot. The resemblance of Shuichi's and Hidemi's hair shape would be just a coincidence since neither of the mothers own the hair shape.

I think the families connection are related to both Bourbon and RUM. Indeed since the beginning of the manga we always had one arc at the time (Vermouth or Kir for example). But here we have Serakai's arc happening during Bourbon's AND Rum's arc. For now it's too blurred, there is too many things unknown, anyway for me (someone probably have clues that I've missed). The two sisters, England, Elena Miyano it's all connected.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1052

Re: Possible Relations Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 22nd, 2015, 3:06 am

yangti1674 wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
As for another thing I wanted to point out, it seems like the MG's eye art has change slightly. It might support the idea that the two families are related

I agree with you on the MG part. MG is probably the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi. Gosho slightly changed her eyes on Shukichi's Shogi Tournament case to share some similarities with those of Shukichi's, which also resemble those from the Hondo family. If the Akai and Hondo family are related, it would be both on mother's side, i.e., MG and Mrs. Hondo would be sisters. This could further explain Gosho's recent statement on "two mothers are sisters". MG is implied to have possible health issues, while Mrs. Hondo died early from some disease; this is not common in plot-related characters, which would further be a supporting reason. However, it's hard to see how this relation would be helpful to the DC plot. The resemblance of Shuichi's and Hidemi's hair shape would be just a coincidence since neither of the mothers own the hair shape.

I don't think MG and Mrs. Hidemi are related at all because I don't remember any signs of her being British, or foreigner for that matter! Elena supports that idea better because not only is she a foreigner, but she is directly involved with the apotoxin which we also believe MG might've been(strengthening the possibility of them being intertwined in the same case). If you guys are wondering why hidemi looks a bit foreign, it's because her father is half jap half American. And furthermore, Middle brother is said to look more like his father, which increases the chance of him getting those eyes from him and not from his mother (besides, it's wierd for gosho to make him just get a small part of his eyes from his mother and leave the eyebags. eyes are also supposed portray relationship or similarities in DC, so it makes more sense that the first thing he'd do when drawing the middle brother is to draw similar eyes to his father).
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
yangti1674
User avatar
Posts: 12

Re: Possible Relations Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby yangti1674 » February 22nd, 2015, 2:47 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:
yangti1674 wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
As for another thing I wanted to point out, it seems like the MG's eye art has change slightly. It might support the idea that the two families are related

I agree with you on the MG part. MG is probably the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi. Gosho slightly changed her eyes on Shukichi's Shogi Tournament case to share some similarities with those of Shukichi's, which also resemble those from the Hondo family. If the Akai and Hondo family are related, it would be both on mother's side, i.e., MG and Mrs. Hondo would be sisters. This could further explain Gosho's recent statement on "two mothers are sisters". MG is implied to have possible health issues, while Mrs. Hondo died early from some disease; this is not common in plot-related characters, which would further be a supporting reason. However, it's hard to see how this relation would be helpful to the DC plot. The resemblance of Shuichi's and Hidemi's hair shape would be just a coincidence since neither of the mothers own the hair shape.

I don't think MG and Mrs. Hidemi are related at all because I don't remember any signs of her being British, or foreigner for that matter! Elena supports that idea better because not only is she a foreigner, but she is directly involved with the apotoxin which we also believe MG might've been(strengthening the possibility of them being intertwined in the same case). If you guys are wondering why hidemi looks a bit foreign, it's because her father is half jap half American. And furthermore, Middle brother is said to look more like his father, which increases the chance of him getting those eyes from him and not from his mother (besides, it's wierd for gosho to make him just get a small part of his eyes from his mother and leave the eyebags. eyes are also supposed portray relationship or similarities in DC, so it makes more sense that the first thing he'd do when drawing the middle brother is to draw similar eyes to his father).

I do agree that MG and Elena as sisters would make good sense and would fit well with their British origins. What I was trying to say is that the MG - Mrs. Hondo could be another possible choice, if Gosho plans to relate the Akai and Hondo family. Obviously for some reason Gosho deliberately changed MG's eye pattern, and to me the best explanation would be to resemble Shukichi's. Therefore I tend to think Mr. Akai Sr. would not have the same pattern as his wife since they're not related. Shukichi and his father's resemblance could be on lots of other features (maybe like the other ones in your pictures). MG is more likely to be half-Japanese-half-British considering her Japanese maiden name of Sera, and the Japanese-like look of all of her children. Her appearance doesn't forbid her to have part Japanese origin, either. This would allow her other sister to be someone claimed as British, like Elena, or someone with a more Japanese look, like Mrs. Hondo.
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1052

Re: Possible Relations Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby MeiTanteixX » February 22nd, 2015, 6:40 pm

yangti1674 wrote:
MeiTanteixX wrote:
yangti1674 wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Spoiler:
As for another thing I wanted to point out, it seems like the MG's eye art has change slightly. It might support the idea that the two families are related

I agree with you on the MG part. MG is probably the mother of Shuichi, Shukichi and Masumi. Gosho slightly changed her eyes on Shukichi's Shogi Tournament case to share some similarities with those of Shukichi's, which also resemble those from the Hondo family. If the Akai and Hondo family are related, it would be both on mother's side, i.e., MG and Mrs. Hondo would be sisters. This could further explain Gosho's recent statement on "two mothers are sisters". MG is implied to have possible health issues, while Mrs. Hondo died early from some disease; this is not common in plot-related characters, which would further be a supporting reason. However, it's hard to see how this relation would be helpful to the DC plot. The resemblance of Shuichi's and Hidemi's hair shape would be just a coincidence since neither of the mothers own the hair shape.

I don't think MG and Mrs. Hidemi are related at all because I don't remember any signs of her being British, or foreigner for that matter! Elena supports that idea better because not only is she a foreigner, but she is directly involved with the apotoxin which we also believe MG might've been(strengthening the possibility of them being intertwined in the same case). If you guys are wondering why hidemi looks a bit foreign, it's because her father is half jap half American. And furthermore, Middle brother is said to look more like his father, which increases the chance of him getting those eyes from him and not from his mother (besides, it's wierd for gosho to make him just get a small part of his eyes from his mother and leave the eyebags. eyes are also supposed portray relationship or similarities in DC, so it makes more sense that the first thing he'd do when drawing the middle brother is to draw similar eyes to his father).

I do agree that MG and Elena as sisters would make good sense and would fit well with their British origins. What I was trying to say is that the MG - Mrs. Hondo could be another possible choice, if Gosho plans to relate the Akai and Hondo family. Obviously for some reason Gosho deliberately changed MG's eye pattern, and to me the best explanation would be to resemble Shukichi's. Therefore I tend to think Mr. Akai Sr. would not have the same pattern as his wife since they're not related. Shukichi and his father's resemblance could be on lots of other features (maybe like the other ones in your pictures). MG is more likely to be half-Japanese-half-British considering her Japanese maiden name of Sera, and the Japanese-like look of all of her children. Her appearance doesn't forbid her to have part Japanese origin, either. This would allow her other sister to be someone claimed as British, like Elena, or someone with a more Japanese look, like Mrs. Hondo.

but just so you now, akai has those exact same eyes as his mother(including that pointy end) in some panels in the manga so I don't think gosho changed the design of the eye at all, but rather just drew it a little different from that angle in that panel specifically. Furthermore, the maiden name sera doesn't necessarily have to be japanese, but rather the very common name used in Europe and even in the US, "Sara", which the japanese pronounced as Sera. So I'm not convinced with the eye comparsion of MG when there are a lot of characters in the series who have also had slight minor changes in their appearance in different panels.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
jimmy_kud0_tv2
User avatar
Posts: 688

Re: Possible Relations Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » February 22nd, 2015, 7:10 pm

MeiTanteixX wrote:Furthermore, the maiden name sera doesn't necessarily have to be japanese, but rather the very common name used in Europe and even in the US, "Sara", which the japanese pronounced as Sera.


Sera is a family name that is written with kanji. The Europe and US names "Sara" and "Sarah" are both given names. Furthermore even if it was the European / US name being pronounced in Japanese it would most likely be written in katakana, however it is written in kanji, (世良).

The only reason the name "Sera" was used in the first place was because it makes Masumi's full name (Sera Masumi / 世良 真純) sound like the Gundam character "Seira Masu" (Sayala Mass) to complete Gosho's Gundam trio with Shuuichi and Touru. Its likely the name can be ignored other than the fact that there have been name changes to their family name in the family as a whole.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
Image

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests