Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Possible Relation Theories (SPOILER!)

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » January 25th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Serinox wrote:I doubt he will really make Araide appear again. Gosho said the same thing about him in 2015 or something, that he forgot him (which I doubt means he actually forgot him, but more like didn't actively think about him but was aware of that character's general existence) and at some point he said he had forgotten Makoto. I think that if Gosho had wanted to keep Araide around as a side character, he would've done it (unless Araide was axed because he was unpopular with the readership, like Eisuke supposedly was), and the fact that he has made no attempt to what so ever makes me really doubt that, even after he talked about him in the past.

I'm just hoping he won't waste the character by the end of the series... and he will be, ultimately, wasted, I think, if, by the end of DC, he was just Vermouth's disguise. I have no objection to Gosho creating Tomoaki Ariade to be Vermouth's disguise... but I do have an objection to him appearing only twice since the end of the Vermouth arc—that's two cases since Case #125 (Vermouth arc climax), and we're currently on Case #285. He last appeared in January 05/06 (505–507/427–428). At least have him appear one more time, and maybe do something that helps Team Shinichi/Conan out.

But if you're asking me about the odds, then yes, they are pretty low.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”