Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Wakarimashita
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 3546

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Wakarimashita » November 10th, 2015, 8:27 pm

That's not a plot hole, that's the floating timeline for you.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Image
lovekagakuro
Posts: 10

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby lovekagakuro » November 14th, 2015, 9:14 am

AHHHH IF ONLY MY FRIEND!!! IF ONLY!!!
lovekagakuro
Posts: 10

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby lovekagakuro » November 14th, 2015, 9:16 am

wkd wrote:"Why did Conan tell Miyano Akemi his true identity? Any reason?

A: Because Conan thinks that person is going to die anyway. What if
Akemi is taken to the hospital and brought back to life in a miracle!!!
(smile)"
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/foru ... ews/page-5

I read this in the old Gosho interviews, I know some of his answers are to be taken as sarcasm, but there's an interfering point with this particular answer of his which made me take all of this into consideration that is:
Gosho doesn't kill main or recurring characters with a harmless animus. He just revealed Akai's death to be faked, and
Spoiler:
Toichi to also be alive, regardless of how he didn't appear as the latter and Akemi, but he's a character whose highly valued.

Anyway, Akemi as we know appeared twice, when she died she wasn't expected to be of much value latter on in the series but then Haibara appeared and she was extremely missing her sister, and Akai was literally touched by her death, at least from our perspective as Gosho wants us to see it, however how would it appear if we changed the point we look at the events from a larger view. What if Akemi meant what was written in the P.S message to Akai? "If we could get away from the organization.." what was the rest of the message? Could she be still alive and waiting for him? It hit me when I read the file of her death again, Gin left her still hanging unlike his ruthlessness when it comes to killing, could it be a mistake made deliberately like the one he did when he supposedly killed Shinichi? With Gosho's words up in the interview I think it's possible. Of course when you read this you'll say that she was dead and Conan was at the scene and her face was covered and it was on the paper and news and all, but could it be that the FBI covered the tracks and made it seem like she's dead so they can grant her the Witness Protection Program? She won't be able to contact her companions after that and she'll hang on waiting for Shuichi to get the organization down. The most irrelevant point is that Conan and Ran were there in front of her supposed corpse and Conan didn't know about the FBI's involvement back then. Anyway, Gosho's interview stirred things up in my mind a bit, but do you think that's possible? Wouldn't it be great if Akemi is still alive?


OMG OMG THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO AWESOME!!! SHE IS MY FAV CHARACTER!!!!!
DCUniverseAficionado
User avatar

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Posts: 1291

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » November 14th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:That's not a plot hole, that's the floating timeline for you.


Even so, I think the anime having her death (128) immediately before Shiho's/Ai's intro (129) was better than the manga (Akemi dies – File 16; Shiho/Ai arrives at Teitan Elementary – File 176).

I'd think Shiho's/Ai's reaction to her sister's death would've been more immediate. I don't think she'd wait a month plus to stop her research and then get thrown in that gas chamber for her defiance.

The only way the timeline would be easier to deal with was if Gosho never mentioned months or dates of the months, in relation to when the (so-far 271) cases were taking place (no mention of January or February in the Giant Hammer Case (550–552/462–463) and Mysterious Job Case (553–555/464–465); no mention of a winter break before the Fake Patient Case (595–598/495–497); no mention of summer break in the (so-far) last case that Eisuke appeared in (619–621/507–508)), and to have the holiday cases make no mention of the events taking place in the manga (no connection between the Valentine's Day case and the subsequent case where Shuichi is seen staking out the Mouri Detective Agency).

The weather, though? Even if references to all dates were removed, the weather would still complicate things. Maybe not for The Dark Footprint (377–379/307–308) and The Meeting With Vodka (380–383/309–311), save Shuichi's appearance—if he was removed, then it could happen at any point in the series before Mystery Train, and could happen right now if Yukiko's mention of Itakura in Mystery Train was removed.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
DeDes
Posts: 1

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby DeDes » November 15th, 2016, 4:51 pm

Think about it the episode she died in next thing in one in these previous episode there was word she was alive that would be a crazy twist

If she was an agent wouldn't change & that the person who died was someone who look like her
Last edited by Spimer on November 15th, 2016, 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged a double post
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 852

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Spimer » November 15th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forums.

A piece of advice: please refrain from doubleposting, you have an edit button to edit your post and write more there.

Regarding your idea.

Sorry, but your idea isn't very plausible. Her corpse was retrieved and surely underwent autopsy: they probably matched her fingerprints on the police database and confirmed her identity. Maybe they did some more extensive identification methods to make sure it was the same person.

This thread's "theory" isn't such a "theory" but more like a wild hypothesis which cannot offer that any convincing proof. Akemi's death happened very early in the manga and was the trigger for Haibara wanting to leave the BO. Akemi didn't expect Gin to kill her despite that she succeeded in her mission.

Unlike Akai, whose "death" was in special circumstances and set up to make the BO and FBI believe he was dead, this wasn't planned. And with Akai we had plenty of hints that his "death" was a ruse.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ATEM
Posts: 86

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby ATEM » November 15th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Spimer wrote:


Regarding your idea.

Sorry, but your idea isn't very plausible. Her corpse was retrieved and surely underwent autopsy: they probably matched her fingerprints on the police database and confirmed her identity. Maybe they did some more extensive identification methods to make sure it was the same person.

This thread's "theory" isn't such a "theory" but more like a wild hypothesis which cannot offer that any convincing proof. Akemi's death happened very early in the manga and was the trigger for Haibara wanting to leave the BO. Akemi didn't expect Gin to kill her despite that she succeeded in her mission.

.


Conan is an expert when it comes to recognizing death, that leaves no room for him being misleaded by akemi's faked death
her death has a great potential on both haibara and akai and supports the plot however ,the flashback where haibara remembers akemi's word leaves this topic available for discussion .
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 852

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Spimer » November 15th, 2016, 5:53 pm

I agree that Conan could tell there and then that she was dead. And the ambulance rushed in right after so they could confirm her death on the scene.

And I couldn't say that her death has "potential" but more like it has its effects and sequels.

Just because Haibara has flashbacks about her that doesn't need to mean anything more than recalling her.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ATEM
Posts: 86

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby ATEM » November 15th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Spimer wrote:I agree that Conan could tell there and then that she was dead. And the ambulance rushed in right after so they could confirm her death on the scene.

And I couldn't say that her death has "potential" but more like it has its effects and sequels.

Just because Haibara has flashbacks about her that doesn't need to mean anything more than recalling her.


"Potential" I mean it like she was a motivation for them she affected them in many prespectives if she didn't die haiabra wouldn't have rebelled against her faith as a scientist for the BO she wouldn't have become the one we know now , akai who acted emotionless and cold enough to leave his girlfried to date another to infiliterate the BO and was directed just by his father's disappearance that he took it as a challange to resolve that mystery started to have emotional motivation to destroy them .

The idea isn't that she has flashbacks with her sister but akemi admired conan's smartness in the flashback , I read the chapters and I tried to find anything that coaght akemi's attention toward's conan but I found none .. she met him once he didn't say anything that valuable and didn't show any kind of deduction, and she was believing that kogoro is the one who find the man she claimed to be her father she didn't know about conan until she was shot already .. In any case I don't find any meaningful explanation for it maybe just gosho did it as a drama ..
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 852

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Spimer » November 15th, 2016, 6:29 pm

Maybe Gosho kinda forgot what Akemi did in the files she'd appeared and didn't have time to go over them before writing the Haibara debut case.

Akemi was actually desperate back then to regain the money the accomplice had stolen to be able to get out of the BO. Conan didn't do much then, he was toying with the transmitter Agasa had given him.

Akemi only came back to the agency on a second time and they went straight to the hideout of the accomplice so there wasn't a chance to speak much. Conan didn't do much either.

For some reason Akemi didn't look nervous it in the flashback of Haibara's introduction case despite that she was supossed to be: maybe she was doing her best to try to not to make Haibara panic.

In my opinion that's hardly anything that indicates that she expected the end result. If Gosho had wanted her death to be a fake he'd given us clues time ago.

Let's not forget that he initially didn't expect so much time to pass between Akemi's death and Haibara's debut since she was foreshadowed already back then.

That her death also became a motivation for Akai to have revenge on Gin was surely thought of as he worked up Akai's character.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
ATEM
Posts: 86

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby ATEM » November 15th, 2016, 7:16 pm

Spimer wrote:Maybe Gosho kinda forgot what Akemi did in the files she'd appeared and didn't have time to go over them before writing the Haibara debut case.

Akemi was actually desperate back then to regain the money the accomplice had stolen to be able to get out of the BO. Conan didn't do much then, he was toying with the transmitter Agasa had given him.

Akemi only came back to the agency on a second time and they went straight to the hideout of the accomplice so there wasn't a chance to speak much. Conan didn't do much either.

For some reason Akemi didn't look nervous it in the flashback of Haibara's introduction case despite that she was supossed to be: maybe she was doing her best to try to not to make Haibara panic.

In my opinion that's hardly anything that indicates that she expected the end result. If Gosho had wanted her death to be a fake he'd given us clues time ago.

Let's not forget that he initially didn't expect so much time to pass between Akemi's death and Haibara's debut since she was foreshadowed already back then.

That her death also became a motivation for Akai to have revenge on Gin was surely thought of as he worked up Akai's character.


I agree I have more reasons myself to believe she is dead , but for those 90 volumes gosho hasn't forgotten a thing he is still using qoutes from volume one ,this flashback mistake is a great slip in the series in my opinion ..
Tantei San
User avatar

It's Complicated... It was...It is..And Will remain that way....!!

Posts: 310

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Tantei San » February 23rd, 2017, 7:48 am

Does anyone feel that it is possible for Akemi to come back as Rumi Wakasa to lure someone, besides the only reason she is trying to be together with conan is to get close to Haibara? Anyone.
Wachi
Posts: 12

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Wachi » February 23rd, 2017, 10:29 am

There is one wrong thing about Akemi's death.
She was shot from a distance, if her corpse underwent autopsy how couldn't a doctor realize it was't suicide? In order to kill herself, she should have shot from a very short distance which should have determined different kind of injuries.
Because of this, I think that it might have been some accomplices of the organization inside the police who helped to close the case quickly, in order to avoid someone could suspect it was a murder.

I don't notice anything else wrong, Akemi is really dead.
Max1996
User avatar
Posts: 410

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Max1996 » February 23rd, 2017, 10:31 am

Tantei San wrote:Does anyone feel that it is possible for Akemi to come back as Rumi Wakasa to lure someone, besides the only reason she is trying to be together with conan is to get close to Haibara? Anyone.

As Spimer said, the lack of clues that hint towards Akemi faking her death proves Akemi is actually dead.
Absenta
Posts: 36

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Absenta » February 23rd, 2017, 10:46 am

Akemi is for sure a very important character, sadly, I think she is 100% death.

It´s much more possible that Atsushi and Elena are alive, specially Elena.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antiyonder, jimmy_kud0_tv2 and 19 guests