Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
MeiTanteixX

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby MeiTanteixX » November 27th, 2014, 3:17 am

When I read that interview, there wasn't even a slightest doubt that Gosho was making a funny joke! There was no hidden meaning behind that sentence(judging from that he usually doesn't deliver hidden meanings in sarcasm) other than that a funny scenario, about akemi surviving and KNOWING CONAN'S IDENTITY, was being mentioned.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
Kahomi

Favored Ai-chan since 2004.

Favored Rei-kun since 2014.

Favored Shuuichi since some time between those two :))

Postby Kahomi » December 5th, 2014, 7:26 am

Akemi's a minor character but her death is the reason for Ai to appear in the show and also it provokes Akai's determination to destroy B.O.

Her "rebirth" in the show would mess up the plot, I think.
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.
But boredom made me come to it once again in Winter 2004.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
AzureHaseo

Postby AzureHaseo » December 11th, 2014, 2:20 am

Firstly i'd like to say hi as i'm new to this forums. I hope this follows the rules properly, so please tell me if there is something i should change.
I watched the anime but to have better details i decided to read the whole manga from the start. Since i saw Akai's fake death, Akemi's death seemed weird so i took a closer look. I found out about the interview later actually.

Anyways, about what people've been saying:
1) You may say Akemi is is just a minor character, but let's remember who "killed" her... Gin. Yes, Gin, he who needs to see someone die in front of his eyes to believe they are death. They could not afford to let her alive, she is Haibara's sister and Akai's girlfriend, that is important. Yet, Gin rushed to get out after firing his gun, so fast he even left it there, so he couldn't have the time to actually confirm her death. Whether this was on purpose or just an accident is beyond me.

2) I won't argue about Conan's ability to recognize if someone is dead or not...
Spoiler:
but even in a Sherlock Holmes movie, Watson ( a medical doctor) was tricked by a dead body, so it could be a trick of sorts.

3) Even if you all Haibara's suffer and the tears she dropped would be ruined if her sister was alive, we have some FBI agents who cried in vain too, so that's no excuse. I'm talking about Jodie and Camel when they found out Akai was "killed".

And what i found to support the theory:
A) Akemi appeared only twice. She went to see Kogoro and died a few chapters later, we all agree there. So, when did she actually had time to have this talk?:
Spoiler:

B) They even talked at least twice about Conan, there is no way Akemi made herself time for both in such a short period of time, since she was running away most of the time. I believe the first one was right after she went to see Kogoro (still bothers me tho), while the second one was a bit after her "death".

C) Conan did literally nothing while he was with her, except when he found her right before her "death", when he tells her his deduction about that case, even more, he was playing around with Agasa's invention when they first met, so why did she say Conan's composure is like an adult?
Spoiler:

D) Haibara told Akemi she went to Shinichi's house to do who-knows-what. If that talk with Haibara was before her "last words", she could have warned Conan or better said Shinichi about the BO, which she didn't. So... if we think it's the other way around, if they talked after that event, Akemi didn't mention that Conan is Shinichi to Haibara because she was trying to protect her sister. It could mean Akemi thought it was related to Haibara's work, so saying it was a succeed/failure wouldn't really help to get her out.

E) And before someone mentions it, i know Haibara knew about her sister's death by reading the news, but it could be a trick done by the FBI or the BO, depending on whose idea was to fake Akemi's death. The possibilities are endless without more proof so i'll end it here.

Spoiler:
F) Extra!! just for fun.
Maybe i'm just seeing things here, but the second policeman from the left, the one between the medics, he seems to have a wide smile, like if something he was plotting was achieved there!! Zoom in all you can!! Of course it can just be a big nose, so this is just kind of random.
rocketpropelledbear

Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you

Postby rocketpropelledbear » December 11th, 2014, 4:30 am

Just no...
The Science of Deduction-'Sherlock Scan' on Sera and more
Image[spoiler=This is Detective Conan's ending]
Mizuumi wrote:Image

Kogoro: "My Gosh.. I killed Conan"
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=my favourite scene that is not in the anime]Image[/spoiler]
Kahomi

Postby Kahomi » December 11th, 2014, 8:05 am

that talk with Shiho was before Akemi began that Bank Robbery and after Akemi first came to Mouri's office
Met DC by chance then about 3 hours later it scared the sh*t out of me in Spring 2001 and I ran for my life.

And I fell for it. Ever since then. Though sometimes it still frightens me like the first time :)
kkuuddoo

Postby kkuuddoo » December 11th, 2014, 10:19 am

I am sometimes bothered when I think of Akemi's Death, she went there knowing that she might be killed, plus Conan warning her about that fact as well.
what bothers me is that, why didn't Akemi think of Shiho concerning her possible death, what would shiho do, how would she react to the robbery or maybe a possible death.

Shiho mentioned that she tried to commit suicide using the same Drug Shinichi took by force, because she thought that she was going to get killed anyway after boycotting the research.

If Akemi thought of shiho's actions regarding whats going to happen, she would have said something in her last words to conan regarding saving shiho, or regarding that she loved her sister or something more valuable to know, better then saying that she is just a minor in a syndicate dressed in black.

Sometimes I wondered, well maybe Akemi thought they will force shiho to work for them weather she was killed or not, and she would ever get to escape, so she didn't put much thought about it, but knowing Akemi closeness to her sister shiho, she must have known that shiho would breakdown losing her last family member, unless Akemi knows something Shiho doesn't, I don't really know, but It really bothers me the fact Akemi didn't say a thing, or even give a hint about shiho to conan at all, maybe its Gosho plan because he wanted Haibara appearance to be awesome and showing to conan.

I also wondered, why nothing was said about Akemi's parents or family members, since they usually investigate the family background, and they still didn't know why Akemi would go steal 1 billion yen from the Bank, then commit suicide, though she was actually killed by Gin who didn't leave any traces, after telling the money to free her sister Shiho, the money was later returned because Akemi gave the key to Conan

Why would Akemi tell her sister that she is perfectly good or fine, when she's planning to commit a big crime like stealing 1 billion yen from a bank, to free her, and their are many odds that could happen when you try to steal from a bank, like getting caught, or much easily think of some deal you make with murders who don't care if they break their deals for their own benefits, thats a big danger it self to make a deal with the devil, and you can always think of a betrayal from the devils side ( Gin , BO )

oh well those are the wonders and questions I usually have considering matter, have other wonders but don't want bother you guys with it
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
sstimson

Everyone a Critic

Postby sstimson » December 18th, 2014, 5:49 pm

IMO unless someone in front of our eyes is killed, then cremated again in front of our eyes, there will alway remain the possibility they are alive.
What happens in the shadows is where the impossible happen. They are any number of way that off screen, she might be alive (of course events happening in the shadow can not be proven, unless the writer pulls back the curtain)
Misdirection is a major weapon of the writer. In that way the writer becomes like a magician ( showing the audence the thing the magician want them to see while if the audence were to look at the right thing would clearly see how the trick was done)
You ask could She still be alive, to which I answer yes, but IS she alive, I do not know. Only the writer knows for sure and in that time gosho was on top of his game, and that might make a great twist at the very end.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
TanteiSa

Postby TanteiSa » August 22nd, 2015, 1:32 pm

Kahomi wrote:that talk with Shiho was before Akemi began that Bank Robbery and after Akemi first came to Mouri's office

Not really. Akemi went to Mouri's office for the first time after the bank robbery took place to look for the partner who back stabbed her and took the money; telling Kogoro it was her "father".

That said, with a theory about Akemi being alive I read on Tumblr I think it is possible for her to be alive. Or at least it's something to think about and consider.

The most captivating point is that "in Shiho's flashback, Akemi tells her about Conan and says his composure is like an adult. Only problem is; you won't find any interaction between Akemi and Conan… the first and last interaction was in the docks after she was shot by Gin".

Doesn't that leave you wondering?
When did Akemi have a chance to meet Shiho and tell her about Conan?
Max1996

Postby Max1996 » August 22nd, 2015, 1:40 pm

Hmm, interesting. That same tumblr user made a theory about Gin being another Silver Bullet. While he makes good points, it's ridiculous.
Uchiha Shadow

Postby Uchiha Shadow » August 22nd, 2015, 1:48 pm

TanteiSa wrote:
Kahomi wrote:that talk with Shiho was before Akemi began that Bank Robbery and after Akemi first came to Mouri's office

Not really. Akemi went to Mouri's office for the first time after the bank robbery took place to look for the partner who back stabbed her and took the money; telling Kogoro it was her "father".

That said, with a theory about Akemi being alive I read on Tumblr I think it is possible for her to be alive. Or at least it's something to think about and consider.

The most captivating point is that "in Shiho's flashback, Akemi tells her about Conan and says his composure is like an adult. Only problem is; you won't find any interaction between Akemi and Conan… the first and last interaction was in the docks after she was shot by Gin".

Doesn't that leave you wondering?
When did Akemi have a chance to meet Shiho and tell her about Conan?

If that is the case then that would create a plot hole, because Haibara believes she's dead, how can she think that if she saw her after she supposedly died? There was an article about it so Haibara should know the date she died.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Postby Spimer » August 22nd, 2015, 1:53 pm

@TanteiSa: that could be a mistake by Gosho, who didn't remember that case by the time he wrote Haibara's introduction. It feels odd because they only met twice: in the first meeting Conan barely spoke and was barely noticeable. In the second one she was more concerned on the news thath Kogoro had found her "father" and surely wasn't paying attention to them either. Or maybe she pretended not to and something about Conan caught her eye yet it's not like Conan was doing much: maybe the fact that he was being quiet instead of playing around is what led her to think he had an adult-like composure.

However, I do think Akemi is really dead: after all, Conan saw her die in front of his eyes, her body was retrieved and the police surely established that she was dead through an autopsy.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
TanteiSa

Postby TanteiSa » August 22nd, 2015, 3:00 pm

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:Akemi died in Conan's arms. I assume Conan is good at telling when people have died because he hangs around dead people quite often.

Actually, Akemi didn't die in Conan's arms.
If you look at this, you'd see how she's not in Conan's arms, but rather he was standing over her supposedly dead body. Whilst Conan might've thought she was dead, it's possible she only lost consciousness at that point.
Spoiler:

Max1996 wrote:Hmm, interesting. That same tumblr user made a theory about Gin being another Silver Bullet. While he makes good points, it's ridiculous.

I think that tumblr user is a she.

Uchiha Shadow wrote:If that is the case then that would create a plot hole, because Haibara believes she's dead, how can she think that if she saw her after she supposedly died? There was an article about it so Haibara should know the date she died.

That did cross my mind. But isn't finding an explanation for this plot hole as hard as finding one for the plot hole that is Akemi mentioning Conan before interacting with him?

And as some users mentioned earlier in this form;
1)
wkd wrote: but could it be that the FBI covered the tracks and made it seem like she's dead so they can grant her the Witness Protection Program? She won't be able to contact her companions after that and she'll hang on waiting for Shuichi to get the organization down.

2)
AzureHaseo wrote: E) And before someone mentions it, i know Haibara knew about her sister's death by reading the news, but it could be a trick done by the FBI or the BO, depending on whose idea was to fake Akemi's death. The possibilities are endless without more proof so i'll end it here.

What if before publishing that article in the newspaper, they allowed Akemi to say "goodbye" to her sister?

Spimer wrote:@TanteiSa: that could be a mistake by Gosho, who didn't remember that case by the time he wrote Haibara's introduction.

When I first started reading detective Conan, I didn't take it seriously. But now after everything that has happened and all the intricate cases and complicated explanations related to the plot, I no longer believe Gosho could've overlooked something this important.

Spimer wrote: maybe the fact that he was being quiet instead of playing around is what led her to think he had an adult-like composure.

So what if he was silent for those few minutes she saw him in? Haven't we all seen kids that are silent? It's not really something worth mentioning or talking about to Shiho.

Also, about him not playing around:

AzureHaseo wrote: he was playing around with Agasa's invention when they first met, so why did she say Conan's composure is like an adult?
Spoiler:

Spimer wrote: However, I do think Akemi is really dead: after all, Conan saw her die in front of his eyes, her body was retrieved and the police surely established that she was dead through an autopsy.

As mentioned above to Chekhov; maybe he didn't see her die, maybe he just saw her lose consciousness. And as I quoted above to Uchiha; maybe it was all a plot to fake her death by either the FBI or the BO?
Kahomi

Postby Kahomi » August 23rd, 2015, 11:34 pm

May it be like this:

Akemi + the gang robbed the bank --> the money is hidden (?!? I don't remember it well) --> Akemi came to Mouri to find the others --> Conan helped in the finding so Akemi could realize that he's intelligent --> Akemi had a talk with Shiho about Conan, texted Akai... --> She carried on the last case of getting the money to the docks --> died there --> Shiho knew about the death.

Max1996

Postby Max1996 » August 28th, 2015, 11:30 am

Max1996 wrote:Hmm, interesting. That same tumblr user made a theory about Gin being another Silver Bullet. While he makes good points, it's ridiculous.

While there is no way Gin is a Silver Bullet, a connection between him and Kuroda is possible, given that tumblr user's reason for theorizing it.
Last edited by Max1996 on August 29th, 2015, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Postby jimmy_kud0_tv2 » August 28th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Max1996 wrote:

While there is no way Gin is a Silver Bullet, a connection between him and Kurado is possible, given that tumblr's reason for theorizing it.

Off Topic
Are you talking about the thing on tumblr that tries to compare Gin and Kuroda's eyes?
because other characters have had that shadow under their eyes.
It really saddens me to see people continuing to talk about this series as if its dying or that they are losing interest in it. This has been one of my favorite series' since I first heard of it in 2005 and I have never looked back. I really hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”