Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
wkd

Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby wkd » October 12th, 2014, 5:05 pm

"Why did Conan tell Miyano Akemi his true identity? Any reason?

A: Because Conan thinks that person is going to die anyway. What if
Akemi is taken to the hospital and brought back to life in a miracle!!!
(smile)"
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/foru ... ews/page-5

I read this in the old Gosho interviews, I know some of his answers are to be taken as sarcasm, but there's an interfering point with this particular answer of his which made me take all of this into consideration that is:
Gosho doesn't kill main or recurring characters with a harmless animus. He just revealed Akai's death to be faked, and
Spoiler:
Toichi to also be alive, regardless of how he didn't appear as the latter and Akemi, but he's a character whose highly valued.

Anyway, Akemi as we know appeared twice, when she died she wasn't expected to be of much value latter on in the series but then Haibara appeared and she was extremely missing her sister, and Akai was literally touched by her death, at least from our perspective as Gosho wants us to see it, however how would it appear if we changed the point we look at the events from a larger view. What if Akemi meant what was written in the P.S message to Akai? "If we could get away from the organization.." what was the rest of the message? Could she be still alive and waiting for him? It hit me when I read the file of her death again, Gin left her still hanging unlike his ruthlessness when it comes to killing, could it be a mistake made deliberately like the one he did when he supposedly killed Shinichi? With Gosho's words up in the interview I think it's possible. Of course when you read this you'll say that she was dead and Conan was at the scene and her face was covered and it was on the paper and news and all, but could it be that the FBI covered the tracks and made it seem like she's dead so they can grant her the Witness Protection Program? She won't be able to contact her companions after that and she'll hang on waiting for Shuichi to get the organization down. The most irrelevant point is that Conan and Ran were there in front of her supposed corpse and Conan didn't know about the FBI's involvement back then. Anyway, Gosho's interview stirred things up in my mind a bit, but do you think that's possible? Wouldn't it be great if Akemi is still alive?
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Dogcopter 8: The World Dog Only Knows

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 12th, 2014, 5:18 pm

I came to the manga forums just to say:
NONONONONONONO, jesus christ no. That would be the worst.
Bioshock is considered a masterpiece. Let me attempt to showcase why : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13252

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 12th, 2014, 5:43 pm

I think I have to agree with Slider on this one.

Akemi isn't really a main character. She appeared two times and during her second time she died. End of story.

In fact I think she must be dead, because her death already developed very well Haibara's character development. Remember, she cried. She literally cried to Conan asking him why he didn't save her sister. She broke back then. If Akemi would miraculously back to life, all that development would be wasted.

Plus, Gosho already killed so many characters, so one more or one less won't make a difference for him.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Jecka

Is it April yet?

Postby Jecka » October 12th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Nope. Just nope.
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » October 12th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Akemi died in Conan's arms. I assume Conan is good at telling when people have died because he hangs around dead people quite often. Until there is evidence to the contrary, I'm sticking to the simplest explanation: Akemi is dead.

wkd wrote:
Spoiler:
Toichi to also be alive, regardless of how he didn't appear as the latter and Akemi, but he's a character whose highly valued.

Spoiler:
Are we sure Kaito Corbeau is Toichi? He might be, but Magic Kaito is the playground of disguise wizards and their latex miracle masks. Also, Corbeau has the help of Chikage, a disguise master.

wkd wrote:Wouldn't it be great if Akemi is still alive?
I'm against it, personally. Death should not be cheap for protagonists.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Deportation applications available.

Postby Jd- » October 12th, 2014, 11:58 pm

This is one character that basically has to be dead. There's too much emotional fabric weaved around her death. Her coming back wouldn't really do anything other than serve to unravel that.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 13th, 2014, 1:36 am

Akai's fake death trick was kind of build up to and Corbeau being Touichi... Who knows...
kkuuddoo

Postby kkuuddoo » October 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm

I always thought of a story with akemi being alive, since I right fan faction stories in another language
as well I thought of a way akemi could possibly fake her death that somehow adapts with what happened in Conan for real

Their is a way but its complicated, i wonder If akemi actually thought of that, but well, some of you are right, her death is what introduced us to her sister haibere, and developed her to what she became now, so well, lets see what Gosho has waiting for us !
GIN X SHIHO <3<3<3
VERMOUTH IS SEXY AS HELL !!

Elena Miyano and Atsushi ..... APTX 4869 & Silver Bullet
wkd

Postby wkd » October 13th, 2014, 3:18 pm

@Chekov: Yeah that's what's making me believe that this theory wouldn't work. She stopped breathing in Conan's arms. Maybe Gin's flaw here was to allow her to have her final moments in his arms and tell him what she could, nothing more than that.

@Jd-: The only problem with her death is that Akai will be left as a loner, since he rejected Jodie because from his point they shouldn't date while they are working together, and he still loves Akemi. That point can be fixed at the very end of the series by the sacrificing of Akai during the taking down of the BO, but it will be very touching. I have my doubts about that happening.

@k11chi: Yeah but there's an important point that makes the return of Akemi more fictitious than logical, as I just stated her death was in Conan's hands so it's absolutely a miracle if she was revived. On the other hand, Toichi's body was never found as I've read, so his survival is possible.

@kkuuddoo: Yes there is a way, but it's as you said very complicated. I find it miraculous to be honest. Her coming back has it's positives on certain characters like Ai & Akai, but it damages the storyline in my opinion.
Kudo Shinchi

No comment......

Postby Kudo Shinchi » October 13th, 2014, 3:39 pm

When I read that interview I wondered too if Gosho was hinting at something, but then I dismissed it. It simply wouldn't fit the way Gosho writes DC. If someone in Detective Conan dies but is actually alive, it is ALWAYS hinted at. ALWAYS. Whether it's plot or just a normal case (Akai's faked death in case of plot, Kimie's faked death in the Mermaid case.) As for as I can tell, there haven't been any hints for Akemi's survival.

Besides, I rather like the tragic element of her character, and how it relates to Akai and Haiabara. Besides, after all the Ran parallels with Akemi and how Haibara came to view her as such, I'd rather not have Akemi come back. It'd cheapen too many character arcs, since she is intergral to both Akai's and Haibara's.
Startold

Postby Startold » October 15th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Er... as Chekhov said before, I still think Conan's able to tell if someone's dead or not. And her death doesn't even let us think she may not be dead unlike Akai's death that looked suspicious from the beggining.
It's true Gosho said that Haibara may have a "little something" that will make her happy at the end, but her mother's death is more likely that her sister's.
悪いな・・・これはついさっき受けた・・・あの方直々の命令だ・・・
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 15th, 2014, 12:46 pm

wkd wrote:@Chekov: Yeah that's what's making me believe that this theory wouldn't work. She stopped breathing in Conan's arms. Maybe Gin's flaw here was to allow her to have her final moments in his arms and tell him what she could, nothing more than that.

@Jd-: The only problem with her death is that Akai will be left as a loner, since he rejected Jodie because from his point they shouldn't date while they are working together, and he still loves Akemi. That point can be fixed at the very end of the series by the sacrificing of Akai during the taking down of the BO, but it will be very touching. I have my doubts about that happening.

@k11chi: Yeah but there's an important point that makes the return of Akemi more fictitious than logical, as I just stated her death was in Conan's hands so it's absolutely a miracle if she was revived. On the other hand, Toichi's body was never found as I've read, so his survival is possible.

@kkuuddoo: Yes there is a way, but it's as you said very complicated. I find it miraculous to be honest. Her coming back has it's positives on certain characters like Ai & Akai, but it damages the storyline in my opinion.

Yes.. Conan always checks if a person is dead or not, but did he ever confirm the death to anyone else?
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 15th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Startold wrote:Er... as Chekhov said before, I still think Conan's able to tell if someone's dead or not. And her death doesn't even let us think she may not be dead unlike Akai's death that looked suspicious from the beggining.
It's true Gosho said that Haibara may have a "little something" that will make her happy at the end, but her mother's death is more likely that her sister's.

There's one more thing. While we cannot be sure of that, I think we can tell that Akemi worked alone. After all she was a lower level agent.

And another thing is that she was killed by Vdka and Gin. And we all know that Gin is just too smart. He would tell whether she really died, or faked her death.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
k11chi

Postby k11chi » October 16th, 2014, 3:18 am

I'd imagine that he's perfectly capable of telling when someone is alive, dead or about to die.
Spoiler:
AICHAN

Curry time!

Postby AICHAN » October 17th, 2014, 8:06 pm

I agree with everybory here...Akemi is nice and I like her,but her being alive would ruin a part of Ai and Akai's character.Not to mention that the supposedly promise between Akemi and Akai would be useless...
Spoiler:
[spoiler]Image

mangaluva wrote:[/spoiler]
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”