Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Spimer

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: Could Akemi Miyano still be alive?

Postby Spimer » February 23rd, 2017, 12:14 pm

@Wachi: could be. It could also be that they believed she shot herself from a distance by extending her arms as far as possible and then shooting herself.

Then again it could be the steorotype of "police can't grasp the full picture": this was on the early days of the manga, after all.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » February 23rd, 2017, 2:12 pm

Tantei San wrote:Does anyone feel that it is possible for Akemi to come back as Rumi Wakasa to lure someone, besides the only reason she is trying to be together with conan is to get close to Haibara? Anyone.

Rumi's proven herself ruthless. That's the antithesis of Akemi's character.

And then there'd be the whole issue of how did she find out about Koji Haneda's murder, and how she suddenly became smart enough to be able to figure out cases before Shinichi/Conan, and then hint him... and there'd be no need for her to test his intellect—she'd already noticed it, long before that, and then there's the fact that he literally confessed to her that he was Shinichi Kudo.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Wachi

Postby Wachi » February 23rd, 2017, 4:39 pm

Spimer wrote:@Wachi: could be. It could also be that they believed she shot herself from a distance by extending her arms as far as possible and then shooting herself.

Then again it could be the steorotype of "police can't grasp the full picture": this was on the early days of the manga, after all.

Since Gosho always pays attention to these sort of things, I think it could also be a hint toward the presence of BO associates inside the police.

Anyway it could also be like you said and probably it won't bring back again.
Random Reader

Postby Random Reader » March 4th, 2017, 3:10 am

Seems to be clutching at straws but I think the only possibility that Akemi is alive is the flashback we have of Akemi discussing Conan's intelligence with Shiho.

This is because before her death in Volume 2, Conan did not show any signs of being a genius detective and Akemi only found that out after she was shot by Gin.

But then again, it could be an error by Gosho so yeah, I think she's dead.

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”