What's the identity of Rum?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1085

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 14th, 2017, 7:41 am

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


Nah, I doubt that. If they were a normal BO member like others, everybody within the BO could know who they are. But as of now the BO members can't even agree on how Rum looks like. Just this shows that Rum is not an ordinary person, because otherwise everybody would know who they are, and nobody would fear them. Plus, so far we noticed that everybody within the BO that got their codename (dunno, maybe with the exception of Kir, though I might not remember her good actions, or they're yet to be shown us) are a really intelligent persons or at least pros at what they're doing (Calvados was able to commit suicide even though Akai disarmed him and broke all of his legs; Chanti and Korn are superb snipers too). I think Rum is a person that should be feared.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona
User avatar
Posts: 122

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » September 14th, 2017, 9:23 am

Nemomon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


Nah, I doubt that. If they were a normal BO member like others, everybody within the BO could know who they are. But as of now the BO members can't even agree on how Rum looks like. Just this shows that Rum is not an ordinary person, because otherwise everybody would know who they are, and nobody would fear them. Plus, so far we noticed that everybody within the BO that got their codename (dunno, maybe with the exception of Kir, though I might not remember her good actions, or they're yet to be shown us) are a really intelligent persons or at least pros at what they're doing (Calvados was able to commit suicide even though Akai disarmed him and broke all of his legs; Chanti and Korn are superb snipers too). I think Rum is a person that should be feared.



You think so, then let me tell that I totally disagree. Just because the Anime gave us these some information about he is boy, man, woman, old, still guy with 25 years old, or 30 years old and just Because they made that BO doesn't know him doesn't mean that he will be a not ordinary member. The best example is Bourbon

Don't agree with you at all; because give Asaca informations, and kouji killed story totally came out from nowhere as a new characters, and a new episode, and it is eassily show that how is the killer; so how can I fear from stupid person who easily being fooled by an ordinary character such as kouji

Sorry, but because the Movie 20 want us to feel that this person is ghost, and can have a special room that has a very strong talking voice, and so on; doesn't mean that it will interest me, or fear me

No, I will not; so as I said And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1085

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 15th, 2017, 4:32 am

Spoiler:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


Nah, I doubt that. If they were a normal BO member like others, everybody within the BO could know who they are. But as of now the BO members can't even agree on how Rum looks like. Just this shows that Rum is not an ordinary person, because otherwise everybody would know who they are, and nobody would fear them. Plus, so far we noticed that everybody within the BO that got their codename (dunno, maybe with the exception of Kir, though I might not remember her good actions, or they're yet to be shown us) are a really intelligent persons or at least pros at what they're doing (Calvados was able to commit suicide even though Akai disarmed him and broke all of his legs; Chanti and Korn are superb snipers too). I think Rum is a person that should be feared.


You think so, then let me tell that I totally disagree. Just because the Anime gave us these some information about he is boy, man, woman, old, still guy with 25 years old, or 30 years old and just Because they made that BO doesn't know him doesn't mean that he will be a not ordinary member. The best example is Bourbon

Don't agree with you at all; because give Asaca informations, and kouji killed story totally came out from nowhere as a new characters, and a new episode, and it is eassily show that how is the killer; so how can I fear from stupid person who easily being fooled by an ordinary character such as kouji

Sorry, but because the Movie 20 want us to feel that this person is ghost, and can have a special room that has a very strong talking voice, and so on; doesn't mean that it will interest me, or fear me

No, I will not; so as I said And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


I don't think that comparing Bourbon with Rum in Your case is a good idea. You hate* Bourbon with a burning passion, therefore Your judgement surely will be or might be biased. Of course I'm not saying that Bourbon is a brillant character, but I think it's more Gosho's fault than his own, because he pretty much became a shadow of himself (just like Subaru whose role was reduced to a cooking guy proud that this time around his food is edible and he didn't make it in rush to spy what's new in Agasa's house). When Bourbon has more screentime in a given case, he's a pretty decent character.

Anyway, about Rum. I think, maybe even hope, that the appearance of Rum means Anokata will start moving too. Especially if Rum will be taken down (which will never happen in this series, but thankfully dreaming is for free). If they will notice that their right hand is gone, then they will also notice that they're the next one on the hit's list.

We know that Anokata is pretty cautious. They wouldn't make Rum a second in command if Rum were an ordinary person. Well, unless they needed someone like Vodka. But is it even possible for overcautious Anokata to assign someone who will be running the BO on their behalf? For this sole reason (and the reason that they has been active for decades and still nobody knows who they are) I think Rum cannot be an ordinary person. Though I suspect that some BO members, namely Vermouth or Gin, do know who's Rum, and they maybe know them rven personally (though they do not share that kind of info with anybody).

It also might turn out that Rum forever will stay a "ghost BO member" that will be haunting the crew, and never revealing their identity. In a way that would be pretty intetesting too.

About Kouji part, we still don't know what happened back then and what was Rum's part in it. We only know that Rum screwed something, but sorry to say this, the source of that info isn't really reliable. That info comes from Gin, and we know that he's a psychopath. It could be that he didn't screw something (or at least not more than Pisco), but just in Gin's eyes it was unprofessional. Or maybe according to the current standards Rum screwed something, but back then it was consideted normal. Or maybe Gin just hates Rum (like he hates Akai, and dislikes Vermouth), and will never say a good word about Rum. We know too little about the Kouji case to draw any conclusions about Rum. Plus, Kouji ended up being killed, and through all of that decades nobody found Rum. I hardly can say that Kouji fooled anybody. Especially Rum.

Anyway, do You have any partucular reason why You think Rum won't play a major role, and will be reduced to a just yet another BO member? Because I couldn't find any reasoning behind Your statements. Are Your reasons based on something or some facts, or You just are saying that Rum will be stupid for the heck of saying that? Because for now You draw conclusions about them even though so far they even never appeared in the manga.

* I wanted to say "we all know", but then Kor again would hijack the topic, spam it and go uber offtopic just to point out that "a few people" doesn't mean "everybody". His overreactions caused that I fear using an "all" word, because I don't know when he again will decide to pointlessly interfere.
Last edited by Spimer on September 15th, 2017, 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Enclosed multi-quoting in spoiler boxes for easier reading
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona
User avatar
Posts: 122

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » September 15th, 2017, 6:05 am

Spoiler:
Nemomon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:
Nemomon wrote:
Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


Nah, I doubt that. If they were a normal BO member like others, everybody within the BO could know who they are. But as of now the BO members can't even agree on how Rum looks like. Just this shows that Rum is not an ordinary person, because otherwise everybody would know who they are, and nobody would fear them. Plus, so far we noticed that everybody within the BO that got their codename (dunno, maybe with the exception of Kir, though I might not remember her good actions, or they're yet to be shown us) are a really intelligent persons or at least pros at what they're doing (Calvados was able to commit suicide even though Akai disarmed him and broke all of his legs; Chanti and Korn are superb snipers too). I think Rum is a person that should be feared.



You think so, then let me tell that I totally disagree. Just because the Anime gave us these some information about he is boy, man, woman, old, still guy with 25 years old, or 30 years old and just Because they made that BO doesn't know him doesn't mean that he will be a not ordinary member. The best example is Bourbon

Don't agree with you at all; because give Asaca informations, and kouji killed story totally came out from nowhere as a new characters, and a new episode, and it is eassily show that how is the killer; so how can I fear from stupid person who easily being fooled by an ordinary character such as kouji

Sorry, but because the Movie 20 want us to feel that this person is ghost, and can have a special room that has a very strong talking voice, and so on; doesn't mean that it will interest me, or fear me

No, I will not; so as I said And also after all these waiting, he will be an ordinary character who is really stupid, and don't have a real impact in the story, and just an ordinary member in the entire BO, just giving him the second member after the boss doesn't mean that it will surprise me, and I will impress and interest


I don't think that comparing Bourbon with Rum in Your case is a good idea. You hate* Bourbon with a burning passion, therefore Your judgement surely will be or might be biased. Of course I'm not saying that Bourbon is a brillant character, but I think it's more Gosho's fault than his own, because he pretty much became a shadow of himself (just like Subaru whose role was reduced to a cooking guy proud that this time around his food is edible and he didn't make it in rush to spy what's new in Agasa's house). When Bourbon has more screentime in a given case, he's a pretty decent character.

Anyway, about Rum. I think, maybe even hope, that the appearance of Rum means Anokata will start moving too. Especially if Rum will be taken down (which will never happen in this series, but thankfully dreaming is for free). If they will notice that their right hand is gone, then they will also notice that they're the next one on the hit's list.

We know that Anokata is pretty cautious. They wouldn't make Rum a second in command if Rum were an ordinary person. Well, unless they needed someone like Vodka. But is it even possible for overcautious Anokata to assign someone who will be running the BO on their behalf? For this sole reason (and the reason that they has been active for decades and still nobody knows who they are) I think Rum cannot be an ordinary person. Though I suspect that some BO members, namely Vermouth or Gin, do know who's Rum, and they maybe know them rven personally (though they do not share that kind of info with anybody).

It also might turn out that Rum forever will stay a "ghost BO member" that will be haunting the crew, and never revealing their identity. In a way that would be pretty intetesting too.

About Kouji part, we still don't know what happened back then and what was Rum's part in it. We only know that Rum screwed something, but sorry to say this, the source of that info isn't really reliable. That info comes from Gin, and we know that he's a psychopath. It could be that he didn't screw something (or at least not more than Pisco), but just in Gin's eyes it was unprofessional. Or maybe according to the current standards Rum screwed something, but back then it was consideted normal. Or maybe Gin just hates Rum (like he hates Akai, and dislikes Vermouth), and will never say a good word about Rum. We know too little about the Kouji case to draw any conclusions about Rum. Plus, Kouji ended up being killed, and through all of that decades nobody found Rum. I hardly can say that Kouji fooled anybody. Especially Rum.

Anyway, do You have any partucular reason why You think Rum won't play a major role, and will be reduced to a just yet another BO member? Because I couldn't find any reasoning behind Your statements. Are Your reasons based on something or some facts, or You just are saying that Rum will be stupid for the heck of saying that? Because for now You draw conclusions about them even though so far they even never appeared in the manga.

* I wanted to say "we all know", but then Kor again would hijack the topic, spam it and go uber offtopic just to point out that "a few people" doesn't mean "everybody". His overreactions caused that I fear using an "all" word, because I don't know when he again will decide to pointlessly interfere.



Before everything, I did give my opinion in Bourbon before in the Movie 20 Thread that been closed so I will not repeat what I said; so Surely I am not say my opinion because I just hate it or from burning passion such as you suggested from your own mind and from your own mind, but if you think that I am saying my opinion out of nowhere then Shoujanai hontou ni shoujanai. Sore wa boku no omou wa; dakara mou ii yo. Leave it if you didn't like it

And Let's Back to This story, about Rum, or Ghost Rum as I called it, he will be ordinary; because I do so all characters who was really good beginning from Jodie, Vermouth, Conan, Gin, James Black, kir, Hatori Heiji and all of them now nothing, just there for nothing really. Ghoso interrupted there really interesting story to really awful story so as I said from here then I know the conclusion about Ghost Rum. Also, maybe Ghoso is the fault from Bourbon as you mentioned, and I know that Ghoso doesn't know what is he doing, and really become 0 in writing the story, but still he put us with story that really not good with Boubon

So, all I included from your story is waiting. Ok, about kouji, how all peolple know about this BO orginaztion, and how he did know that the body gaurd is Asaca (RUM), isn't that the reaon of why he used the Glasses, then RUM becing fooled by him, or you just want to tell that kouji also being fooled by Asaca who is not Rum, and acted as Rum.
Last edited by Spimer on September 15th, 2017, 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Enclosed multi-quoting in spoiler boxes for easier reading
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1085

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 15th, 2017, 6:37 am

I remember that discussion about Bourbon, and I got an impression that You just hate him with a burning passion. I admit, I might have been wrong about that. But I'm pretty sure it's also not that You like him.

I agree that with You that several characters in the series are just bad. My personal hate goes to Kir, because I feel she didn't contribute to the story anything at all. Well, maybe except Eisuke whom I like. But I don't call her stupid or ordinary, and I don't mind watching/reading episodes with her. She's just there like many other barely used characters, or sometimes a deus ex machina (like Kir and her SMS about Rum) characters. I'm pretty fine with her being around, and I hope that within the next 1000 chapters the CIA will be picked up again, or at least it won't be forgotten.

This is a wishful thinking, and I know I'm wrong, but maybe once Rum will appear, Gosho finally will notice he's not young anymore, and it's about time to finish the story. In my opinion (despite what I wrote in this very post at the beginning of it) it is not that characters are boring or bad. It's just Gosho that doesn't use them, and therefore they don't have a way to prove that they're interesting people. If only Gosho wouldn't draw fillers by fillers, but would concentrate on the main plot, these characters would be much more interesting.

It appears You edited Your post by adding a new paragraph while I was posting my response. Hard to say how people became to know the BO. Though I would ask a question if they really do know it. Haibara said that "BO" is not how it is really called, but she also refused to reveal its true name. Therefore maybe in reality not so many people knows it. The organisation is active for decades, surely many of its agents were killed or captured. If it was a new org, we would be wondering how people became to know it. Since it is an old org, there is no way to hide its existence. Especially that it probably has as many enemies as allies. Of course it is also not that when Kouji was killed, people widely knew about BO's existance. Kouji as well just could hear the word "Rum", and thought that it might have a meaning and that's why he left that message. Hoping that someday someone will find out what does it mean. And let's not forget that we still don't know who left that message, and why, and if it really read "asaca rum" or maybe it means something else.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2871

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Kor » September 15th, 2017, 7:15 am

Nemomon wrote:* I wanted to say "we all know", but then Kor again would hijack the topic, spam it and go uber offtopic just to point out that "a few people" doesn't mean "everybody". His overreactions caused that I fear using an "all" word, because I don't know when he again will decide to pointlessly interfere.


You know, this is what's called self-fulfilling prophesy. Though rather than me "hijacking" the topic and go off-topic, I'd say going off the rails with such silly and hyperbolic accusations about some other user will make a topic go "uber off topic" even more. But hey, that's just me. (No seriously, what did you try to achieve with this little rant here?)
That said, eh... not entirely sure why this has to be pointed out, but don't use threads as your own personal sandboxes to rant about other users. That's as pointless as it possibly gets.

As far as overreactions go... I don't know, here I'm seeing some user who decided to rant about me in some unrelated topic, so not entirely sure you're the best person to call out on people for overreacting. But again, that's just me.

If you "fear" that I may once again bump in and comment on the nature of discussions, well... okay I guess. Like, I may very well do that. I merely wanted to give some awareness that the internet "say whatever even though it may not be true" approach doesn't make for thoughtful talking points. You're still free to phrase your arguments in whatever way you like (as long as it follows the rules of the forum at least).
Image
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1085

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 15th, 2017, 7:55 am

Kor wrote:You know, this is what's called self-fulfilling prophesy.


At least I didn't need to use a time machine to make it happen! ;D

Ok, I'm stopping spamming about this subject.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Haibara & Aika ryona
User avatar
Posts: 122

Re: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Haibara & Aika ryona » September 22nd, 2017, 8:52 am

Nemomon wrote:I remember that discussion about Bourbon, and I got an impression that You just hate him with a burning passion. I admit, I might have been wrong about that. But I'm pretty sure it's also not that You like him.

I agree that with You that several characters in the series are just bad. My personal hate goes to Kir, because I feel she didn't contribute to the story anything at all. Well, maybe except Eisuke whom I like. But I don't call her stupid or ordinary, and I don't mind watching/reading episodes with her. She's just there like many other barely used characters, or sometimes a deus ex machina (like Kir and her SMS about Rum) characters. I'm pretty fine with her being around, and I hope that within the next 1000 chapters the CIA will be picked up again, or at least it won't be forgotten.

This is a wishful thinking, and I know I'm wrong, but maybe once Rum will appear, Gosho finally will notice he's not young anymore, and it's about time to finish the story. In my opinion (despite what I wrote in this very post at the beginning of it) it is not that characters are boring or bad. It's just Gosho that doesn't use them, and therefore they don't have a way to prove that they're interesting people. If only Gosho wouldn't draw fillers by fillers, but would concentrate on the main plot, these characters would be much more interesting.

It appears You edited Your post by adding a new paragraph while I was posting my response. Hard to say how people became to know the BO. Though I would ask a question if they really do know it. Haibara said that "BO" is not how it is really called, but she also refused to reveal its true name. Therefore maybe in reality not so many people knows it. The organisation is active for decades, surely many of its agents were killed or captured. If it was a new org, we would be wondering how people became to know it. Since it is an old org, there is no way to hide its existence. Especially that it probably has as many enemies as allies. Of course it is also not that when Kouji was killed, people widely knew about BO's existance. Kouji as well just could hear the word "Rum", and thought that it might have a meaning and that's why he left that message. Hoping that someday someone will find out what does it mean. And let's not forget that we still don't know who left that message, and why, and if it really read "asaca rum" or maybe it means something else.



Before everything, sorry for late in answering you

Yup, I hate Bourbon more than hating hams, and pigs, and if I can then I will a character for myself oonly to kill him, and then go out of the anime. And Let's just say that you are right about burning passion, but I did also say my opinion about him in that Thread so I am not making facts by myself. Read that thread again, and then you will know more about why I hate him the most. And furthermore, the more the writer want to make as a nice person after what he had done, the more it is become inconsistent with what we saw from the beginning until the end of his story. Also why we need a movie for his character, which I mean movie 22. I did saw the first trailer in the youtube. About Eisuke, just want to hear one point about him. Did he reach to America, or still in the road to there will be another?

And, about the filler, and manga, I really don't like to talk about this subject; because as I said I really don't care about filler, or manga as long as the episodes are good; because i am only a fan, and it is not my responsibility to know the reason of why it is become bad. My job is seeing and giving my opinions, and thoughts because am I a fan only, and the fan are customers in my opinion. The customers only look to the products, and don't care about how is the person will did this product, yes maybe some companies are much better, but do I have to find a reason of why they become worse, and worse if the really become, no I will not. I always love Winning Eleven, and always remember the time when I am playing it in Playstation 2, but now the best is Fifa; so do I have to find a reason of why they become bad. The same of manga and filler, I always watch the anime with arabic dub when I was child which means before 17 years, and didn't thought about the writer so I will not think about it now. Manga Aqua Team Plasma, Team plasma Shadow, Plasma Shadow Armeddo, filler, mollar, killer, sailor that not my responsibilty; so Gosho wouldn't draw fillers by fillers, but would concentrate on the main plot, these characters would be much more interesting doesn't make any sense if my opinion and so for being this word in this time

Note: I am sure you will ask me what the meaning of Manga Aqua Team Plasma, Team plasma Shadow, Plasma Shadow Armed (Armeddo), filler, mollar, killer, sailor, which is a joking break that I wanted to make; because Manga is similar to Magma, and team Magma are team in Pokemon Advance Generation, and there is a team called Team Aqua also in that seasons; so Because Manga and Magma are similar, and there is a team called Aqua; so I made this joke. There is a team called Plasma, and three member from this team called themselves Team plasma Shadow in Black and White Games, with Plasma Shadow Armed (Armeddo) which is a keshin (avatar) in Inazuma Eleven Go Chrono Stone; so I made a reationship between these words with Manga which is similar to Magma. The same with filler, mollar, killer, sailor. It is just a comedian joke Break, hahahahaha. I just hope that you don't throught a tomato, or rocks in my head, body, and in my face for this comedian joke Break hahahaha.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, let's back to Anime, yup it is a time for anime to finish, because I spend 19 to 21 years from my 23 years old in this anime; so I hope that I will die before it finish. And about the BO, yup some character should know about this team, but all characters are spies, this is a redundancy idea from him, and they really don't take us to any place other than don't understand anything, and having a new character without reason. Maybe the only new character that I like, or feel that it i a reliable is Sera, and her mother, but still their characters still need a lot to know if they really have something in the anime, I was hate them, but by times, I become feel that they are OK.

About rum, from what I understand you so it is the same such as I said about the all I included from your story is waiting. Ok, about kouji, how all peolple know about this BO orginaztion, and how he did know that the body gaurd is Asaca (RUM), isn't that the reaon of why he used the Glasses, then RUM becing fooled by him, or you just want to tell that kouji also being fooled by Asaca who is not Rum, and acted as Rum. But Still, why someone like Ghost Rum will put himself in this danger event. Isn't the security is the main important thing that the BO is looking for; so If the Second Member who is Ghost until now did this then he is extremely stupid, and extremely ordinary member

Return to “Story Discussion (Manga Spoilers)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests