What's the identity of Rum?

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Startold
User avatar
Posts: 199

Contact:

What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Startold » September 7th, 2014, 7:38 am

This topic is dedicated to sharing theories about RUM.

The chinese recently spotted an old man in the bus in the bus hijack case, the old man in the Clash of Red and Black, and another old man in Jodie Remembers (the one-hour long episode). While searching for other old men in the manga, some fans found this, at the end of the Mystery Train:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/36/1410088750-rum.png

We know Gosho never draws the background characters, because it's his assistants' job. But in the last page of the last file of the Mystery Train, a background character appears behind Vermouth, and he is drawn by Gosho. It could be Jii Kounosuke, or someone else. What do you think?
Last edited by Startold on October 23rd, 2015, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
悪いな・・・これはついさっき受けた・・・あの方直々の命令だ・・・
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1104

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 7th, 2014, 7:59 am

Why do You think he's drawn by Gosho?

Considering that Vermouth is super close to the Boss, I think we can risk saying that she knows who Rum is. If so, I don't think she would try killing Haibara on Rum eyes.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
Startold
User avatar
Posts: 199

Contact:

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Startold » September 7th, 2014, 8:05 am

You can clearly see it's Gosho's artstyle. Look at the others background characters, they aren't drawn as well.
But the old man can also be Jii Konosuke, Kid's assistant. In that case, Rum's only appearances are in the bus hijack case, the Clash of Red and Black, and then Jodie Remembers.

And what if Rum had come in the Bell Tree Train without warning Vermouth? Maybe he only works solo, unlike Gin who's always with Vodka. Rum's the number 2 in the Organization, so maybe he's the only person, the Boss excluded, who can give orders to Vermouth.
悪いな・・・これはついさっき受けた・・・あの方直々の命令だ・・・
k11chi
User avatar
Posts: 1415

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby k11chi » September 7th, 2014, 8:10 am

It is Jii.
We need to know more about RUM first, the latest chapter did open a slight possibility of RUM being a trio team.
Image
frankguo8
User avatar

Conan is love; Conan is life :P

Posts: 145

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby frankguo8 » September 7th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Image
Okiyakaivan
User avatar
Posts: 477

Contact:

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Okiyakaivan » September 8th, 2014, 2:21 am

Rum is male like old people or been shurken
Spoiler:
Shuu Tsukiyama "- Do you accumulate to eat to me other than"
Image

Image
Shiromi
User avatar
Posts: 137

Contact:

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Shiromi » September 9th, 2014, 6:42 pm

So, RUM is described as an old man, a feminine man, and a muscle-man, right? In Japanese/Katakana-Eigo, "roujin" = old person, "uman" = woman, and "man" = man... so RUM's not one person, but three? /this is a stupid theory no one take it seriously please
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2890

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Kor » September 9th, 2014, 6:47 pm

Shiromi wrote:So, RUM is described as an old man, a feminine man, and a muscle-man, right? In Japanese/Katakana-Eigo, "roujin" = old person, "uman" = woman, and "man" = man... so RUM's not one person, but three? /this is a stupid theory no one take it seriously please


Actually, a bunch of people in the cbox think this might as well just be the case, so some people do take this theory seriously I think.
Image
Shiromi
User avatar
Posts: 137

Contact:

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Shiromi » September 9th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Kor wrote:
Shiromi wrote:So, RUM is described as an old man, a feminine man, and a muscle-man, right? In Japanese/Katakana-Eigo, "roujin" = old person, "uman" = woman, and "man" = man... so RUM's not one person, but three? /this is a stupid theory no one take it seriously please


Actually, a bunch of people in the cbox think this might as well just be the case, so some people do take this theory seriously I think.

Really? I just pulled it out of my ass a few minutes ago. I thought it was as silly as my Sonoko=Sono Ko theory.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2890

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Kor » September 9th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Shiromi wrote:
Kor wrote:
Shiromi wrote:So, RUM is described as an old man, a feminine man, and a muscle-man, right? In Japanese/Katakana-Eigo, "roujin" = old person, "uman" = woman, and "man" = man... so RUM's not one person, but three? /this is a stupid theory no one take it seriously please


Actually, a bunch of people in the cbox think this might as well just be the case, so some people do take this theory seriously I think.

Really? I just pulled it out of my ass a few minutes ago. I thought it was as silly as my Sonoko=Sono Ko theory.


I think some of the reasoning behind it is that if it isn't three people, then we might be facing disguises once again, and no one wants that. The other part is because it's constantly written as RUM (so far it's the only member to be written in capitalized English letters), which seems to indicate there's something going on with that.

What really doesn't work for me with the Rum is multiple people theory is that it'd be strange for several people at once to be the Number 2, so maybe it's somewhat like Haibara says, and there are a bunch of people who stand in for Rum in the organization, while the actual Rum doesn't tend to appear often before people.

We'll see what's that last detail Haibara will probably mention in the third file of the case. Then we'll have something extra to hold on for theories.
Image
Conan 48:69
User avatar
Posts: 1228

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Conan 48:69 » September 9th, 2014, 11:23 pm

I wonder if DCTP translate correctly in last page of File 898, Okiya said "It seems they're really close to the boss". The word "They" could it mean Rum is actually a group of more than 2 persons instead of just a single person's codename
Image
Welcome To DCTP Radio Show! From DJ Conan!
Kor
Moderator
Posts: 2890

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Kor » September 10th, 2014, 12:14 am

Conan 48:69 wrote:I wonder if DCTP translate correctly in last page of File 898, Okiya said "It seems they're really close to the boss". The word "They" could it mean Rum is actually a group of more than 2 persons instead of just a single person's codename


"They" can also be used for singular as well, especially when you don't know the right gender (which was the case back at file 898). I'm pretty that's what DCTP's translation was going for.
Image
Okiyakaivan
User avatar
Posts: 477

Contact:

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Okiyakaivan » September 10th, 2014, 12:57 am

6 Facts about[RUM]

Facts about[RUM]:
•Male
•Alcoholic beverage distilled name
•It seems he’s an old-man where gosho said in[Sherry Soliloquy]on CH898:It’s finally a confrontation with Rum-chan!,chan Used for the elderly and the girl.
•Not Female,prove?gosho said in an interview that he used Alcoholic beverage distilled names for males and sweet alcoholic for females.
•More dangerous,important member than gin!.
•The boss’s right hand.

This facts about it not mine
Spoiler:
Shuu Tsukiyama "- Do you accumulate to eat to me other than"
Image

Image
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member
User avatar

Loading...

Posts: 375

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Fujiwara » September 10th, 2014, 5:25 am

Kor wrote:
Conan 48:69 wrote:I wonder if DCTP translate correctly in last page of File 898, Okiya said "It seems they're really close to the boss". The word "They" could it mean Rum is actually a group of more than 2 persons instead of just a single person's codename

"They" can also be used for singular as well, especially when you don't know the right gender (which was the case back at file 898). I'm pretty sure that's what DCTP's translation was going for.

Yep, it is. ^_^
Nemomon
User avatar

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts: 1104

Re: Spoilers: What's the identity of Rum?

Postby Nemomon » September 10th, 2014, 9:26 am

I think it's rather that the other BO members don't really know who Rum really is. Some of that members describe them as a feminine man, some of them heard Rum is a muscle-man, and others heard that RUm is an old man.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MeiTanteixX and 37 guests