Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 903-905: Poolside Case (New rules, please read!)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 903-905: Poolside Case (New rules, please read!)

Post by Jd- »

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first seven days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.
char13happy

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 903-9XX: Poolside Case (New rules, please read!)

Post by char13happy »

The new file for the latest case is out already?! That was fast. Or maybe I'm just confusing myself again?
Fujiwara
DCTP Staff Member

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 903-9XX: Poolside Case (New rules, please read!)

Post by Fujiwara »

Partial English translation of file 903 (plot-related parts, pp. 2-6) ;)
Spoiler:
File 903 title: The corpse in the pool

p.2

Mystery girl: Can we really trust him?

Mystery girl: This boy called Edogawa Conan?

Mystery girl: He seems quite bright, but still ...

Sera: He’s alright, I’m telling you!

MG: ... And? When is he coming here?

Sera: It’s almost time now ...

MG: You made sure to tell him to come alone, right?

Sera: Yep! I made it quite clear to him that he shouldn’t invite the kids along!

p.3

*knock knock*

Sera: Ah!

Sera: He’s here!

MG: Still, we should proceed carefully ...

MG: If this fellow is not worthy of our expectations ...

MG: We shall have to leave at once and find a new base of operations.

Sera: Yep, I know that!

Sera: Hide in the bathroom until we’re sure!

*knock knock*

Sera: Coming!

Sera: I’ve been waiting for you, Conan-kun!

p.4

Sera (thoughts): Eh?

Sonoko: Hiya!

Ran: We came as well!

Sera: Y-You’re not alone?

Conan: Ah, yes … When I told Ran-neechan that you’d said this hotel has a pool, they wanted to come along.

Ran: Eh? Are we bothering you?

Sera: Ah, no, I hadn’t heard anything about you coming, so I was just surprised.

Sera: Go ahead to the pool then!

Sera: I’ll just get ready and head there asap.

Sera (thinking): I’m sorry.

MG: Idiot ...

MG: *cough cough*

p.5

Ran: Wow!

Ran: It’s really large!

Sonoko: Well, it’s a bit smaller than the one in our holiday villa ...

Conan (thoughts): How big is that holiday villa exactly?

Ran: I’m looking forward to seeing Sera-san in a swimsuit! I wonder what kind she’ll be wearing ...

Sonoko: Hmm ... Probably a sporty one-piece ...

Ran: You’re probably looking forward to it as well, right Conan?

Conan: Uh, yes ...

Conan (thoughts): I’m already quite satisfied ...

Sonoko: But, well, Sera-chan does have tiny breasts ...

Ran: Sera-chan?

Sonoko: She gives off a bit of a Sera-chan vibe, don’t you think?

Ran: That’s true, but ...

Sera: It’s fine!

p.6 (partial)

Sera: You can call me ‘Sera-chan’!

Sera: I used to be called that when I was younger!

Ran: A b-bordered bikini … ?

Sonoko: You may not have much in the way of breasts, but you certainly make up for it in terms of daring …

Sera: Daring?

[And here the case starts!]
User 4869

Post by User 4869 »

Spoiler:
Gosho! Stop use Ran to obstructs the plot. And Conan-kun no ecchi.

Hmm. Take this from the wiki
>14-15 years ago: Masumi and the middle brother start using the family name Sera instead of Akai
http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Akai_family

And now she say she used to be called Sera-chan when she was a kid?

Does that mean they call her Sera chan because she look like Mrs Sera, the mother?
That would also mean the MG who resemble Sera is her mother.... But that hardly surprising
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

Thank you for translating these parts :)
Spoiler:
Me: Yes, you are.

Under different circumstances, I wouldn't mind Sonoko and Ran visiting Sera, but I was hoping to see Conan talking with the mystery child, though there are still a hope to see them talk at the end of the case.

The case at the pool could be interesting. I don't think, there was pool case in manga, before.
Conan 48:69

Post by Conan 48:69 »

Spoiler:
Mystery girl talks like she don't know Conan is Shinichi or she never met Shinichi before.

The hotel where Sera lives always jinked murder case, first is during her debut (File 768-770), second is Romance Novelist (File 876-878) and now Hotel Haido Pride.
Welcome To DCTP Radio Show! From DJ Conan!
Okiyakaivan

Post by Okiyakaivan »

So fast the file 903 out also, weird?
Spoiler:
Shuu Tsukiyama "- Do you accumulate to eat to me other than"
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

soul_dreamer wrote:Thank you for translating these parts :)
Spoiler:
Me: Yes, you are.

Under different circumstances, I wouldn't mind Sonoko and Ran visiting Sera, but I was hoping to see Conan talking with the mystery child, though there are still a hope to see them talk at the end of the case.

The case at the pool could be interesting. I don't think, there was pool case in manga, before.
Spoiler:
MG will have a chance to see with her own eyes how good Conan is ;). But I agree, I hoped Conan will come alone. As requested. But it could be that Conan knew that it could be a some kind of trap and brought the girls intentionally.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

Spoiler:
Unless, MG won't come out of her room, but hopefully you're right. I don't think that Conan thought of Sera's invitation as a trap, though.

@Conan 48:69: Good point, but Sera (most likely) knows that Conan is Shinichi and since MG most likely is another shrunken; wouldn't Sera tell MG about it? Unless, she told her without revealing Conan's true identity or like you said MG didn't meet Shinichi, before

I wonder what MG wants to talk with Conan about?
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

Spoiler:
Conan doesn't trust Sera completely. He knows they meet once, plus he's aware thar there's something suspicious about her - like the cellphone's wallpaper she forced Conan to see. I think he brought girls together so while Sera could be occupied by them, he could investigate the MG.
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

Nemomon wrote:
Spoiler:
I think he brought girls together so while Sera could be occupied by them, he could investigate the MG.
Spoiler:
I would like you to be right, so Conan can find more information on MG. :)
AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

Thank you so much fuji for the translation^^
Spoiler:
I'm happy MG appears too,sadly Ran and Sonoko ruined that momentXDXD But We can expect a discussion between Conan and MG by the end of that case,at least I hope so.
And seriously MG really looks like Haibara,in her behaviour:the way she talk to Sera,the fact that she's extremely carefull concerning Conan,it's like seeing Haibara with bags under her eyes LOL.
If she was forced to take the APTX by the BO then it makes sense for her to not trust anybody.Too bad Conan didn't bring Ai with him,it would have been interesting.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Nemomon

Post by Nemomon »

AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
sadly Ran and Sonoko ruined that momentXDXD
Spoiler:
Ye another reason to hate Ran...
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 903-9XX: Poolside Case (New rules, p...

Post by Jecka »

Nemomon wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
Spoiler:
sadly Ran and Sonoko ruined that momentXDXD
Spoiler:
Ye another reason to hate Ran...
Spoiler:
Oi oi :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Spoiler:
calling it now: the glass shards are from a mirror

the killer rigged up a trick to hide the body behind a mirror under the water and a way to break away the mirror to reveal the body after they have set up an alibi.
Last edited by jimmy_kud0_tv2 on July 26th, 2014, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage