Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.

Which mothers do you think sisters

Ai and Toru's moms
55%
Conan and Shuichi's moms
45%

Total votes: 29
Kor
Administrator

Re: Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by Kor »

wkd wrote:plus in the latest interview with Gosho, he corrected the hair color of Amuro from blonde to brown.
This statement kinda threw me off. The interview you're referring to is not the latest one. But since you made me search for it...
wkd wrote:Gosho said once that Rei's blonde hair means something
According to the interview, Gosho said that Amuro's dark skin has a meaning

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/foru ... /?p=312452
Akai/Subaru wrote: Wow :o I didn't know about this correction of Rei's hair colour, so it's the same as Shiho, that just make me being more certain about that theory.
Not necessarily. Haibara's hair is referred to constantly as "reddish brown".
wkd

Post by wkd »

Oh my bad, sorry it isn't the latest interview. He he also mentioned the skin part but I couldn't make something out of it so I ignored it:p. Haibara's reddish brown hair isn't exactly the same color as Rei's, yet we still can't be sure about ruling out any theory yet. Rei may have even dyed his hair and changed his skin color, as Gosho said in that interview we just mentioned.
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

wkd wrote:Oh my bad, sorry it isn't the latest interview. He he also mentioned the skin part but I couldn't make something out of it so I ignored it:p. Haibara's reddish brown hair isn't exactly the same color as Rei's, yet we still can't be sure about ruling out any theory yet. Rei may have even dyed his hair and changed his skin color, as Gosho said in that interview we just mentioned.
Yeah my bad
irishock

Post by irishock »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:The sisters are going to be Yukiko and Chikage.
shit
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

Akai/Subaru wrote:
wkd wrote:Oh my bad, sorry it isn't the latest interview. He he also mentioned the skin part but I couldn't make something out of it so I ignored it:p. Haibara's reddish brown hair isn't exactly the same color as Rei's, yet we still can't be sure about ruling out any theory yet. Rei may have even dyed his hair and changed his skin color, as Gosho said in that interview we just mentioned.

Now I have rested (last night I was really tired) I could notice something. Apparently Rei has the same hair and skin colour in both flash back and present, honestly I don't think that he as a kid dyed his hear or changed his skin colour.
mi.chan

Post by mi.chan »

1: Yukiko and Sera mother are sisters : that could be right because they have similar hair . And it could be a logical reason for sera and shinshi meeting in the past . Also conan told his father yusako that his mother is really good in doing disguise to people close to her(EP783)
2 : ai and amuro mothers are sisters : in the flash back amuro remember when elena take care of him that could be his aunt or something like that . .. and could be a logical reason for his blond hair . That means he is half Japanese . And have some British origin
(Sorry for my English )
Last edited by mi.chan on July 29th, 2015, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~A~re~re!!

michan4869.tumblr.com
Uchiha Shadow

Post by Uchiha Shadow »

mi.chan wrote:1: Yukiko and Sera mother are sisters : that could be right because they have similar hair . And it could be a logical reason for sera and shinshi meeting in the past . Also conan told his father you yusako that his mother is really good in doing disguise to people close to her(EP783)
2 : ai and amuro mothers are sisters : in the flash back amuro remember when elena take care of him that could be his aunt or something like that . .. and could be a logical reason for his blond hair . That means he is half Japanese . And have some British origin
(Sorry for my English )
As for 1 I believe that was already confirmed not to be the case, in one of the interviews Gosho said Yukiko is not one of the 2 sisters.
tuturuu

Post by tuturuu »

Betting on Eisuke's and Sera's mothers.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

It's very likely that MG is Shuichi's and Masumi's mother—thus, it's also very likely that she's one of the sisters. Who her sister is, though? Elena, Vermouth, Hidemi and Eisuke's mother, Rei's mother... I don't know. If Elena is one of the sisters, then MG could be her sister, and the latter three choices still apply.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

My bet is on Eisuke's mother and Sakurako's mother
based on really minor similarities in story.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

I hope not. Unless it was exceptionally well introduced which I somewhat doubt, odds are I wouldn't find this plot element compelling at all.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Wakarimashita wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:My bet is on Eisuke's mother and Sakurako's mother
based on really minor similarities in story.
I hope not. Unless it was exceptionally well introduced which I somewhat doubt, odds are I wouldn't find this plot element compelling at all.
Well, this depends on whether Sakurako is going to play a role in the Rum arc. If she's not going to, then it's a waste of the character. Gosho may like her voice actress, but the question is whether he likes her enough to have Sakurako be a major character in the arc. Eisuke would have to return, which pretty much is a time-bomb for Kir being discovered, and nullifying hers, Shinichi's/Conan's and Shuichi's/Subaru's plan. This would certainly set wheels in motion—wheels that have become rusty. If the Rum arc were to end with the reveal of Rum's identity and Hidemi's/Kir's death, it would certainly be a climax that people have been waiting for for years—Eisuke's renewed involvement and Sakurako's could bring this about... and their mothers being sisters could be an impetus for the story to get moving, or not.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)