Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.

Which mothers do you think sisters

Ai and Toru's moms
55%
Conan and Shuichi's moms
45%

Total votes: 29
MeiTanteixX

Re: Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by MeiTanteixX »

aly_angelflight wrote:The "Japanese siblings have similar names" part from the above reminded me that it's rather common in Japan for siblings' names to give away their birth order... Shuuichi has "ichi" (1) in his name, and Masumi has "mi" (3) in hers, so there's a possibility the middle brother will have some reading of 二 (2) in his name... :-X
then again, it might be a coincidence, and I have a feeling that Gosho is fond of names that end with the "mi" character, like Hidemi, Akemi, Ayumi, yumi, masami and masumi ofc
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
usotsuki

Post by usotsuki »

美 (read "mi") is quite common as an ending for girls' names, right up there with 子 (read "ko").
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

Hello this is my first post here.

I really think Akai's dad and Eisuke's mom might be siblings and I think in fact maybe Haneda must be the middle Brother, and also is wearing the Oposite disguise than Conan (only glasses)(He shows himself in front of his family and friends with glasses showing himself as he really are but when is playing Shogi he doesn't wears them and shows himself as Taiko meijin) that would explain why Sera doesn't know where he is or what's he doing (maybe he changed not only his family name he could change even his first name when he left) and Haneda and Eisuke look quite alike.

Pd: sorry if I commited mistakes writing, English isn't my native Language
wkd

Post by wkd »

The theory of Elena & Rei's momthers being sister is really getting into my head now. Gosho said once that Rei's blonde hair means something, maybe he was hinting that his mother is British and Elena is British as we know. That explains why we have the opening of one of The Scarlet Series with Elena talking to a young Rei. He was her niece after all she must have cared about him. Then this would lead Rei somehow into the organization, and when he was affected or felt how bad they are, or maybe he even learned that they killed his aunt, he decided to become a member in the PSIA, and infiltrate the organization to lead into their demolishment as an act of vengeance to his deceased aunt that cared for him!
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

wkd wrote:The theory of Elena & Rei's momthers being sister is really getting into my head now. Gosho said once that Rei's blonde hair means something, maybe he was hinting that his mother is British and Elena is British as we know. That explains why we have the opening of one of The Scarlet Series with Elena talking to a young Rei. He was her niece after all she must have cared about him. Then this would lead Rei somehow into the organization, and when he was affected or felt how bad they are, or maybe he even learned that they killed his aunt, he decided to become a member in the PSIA, and infiltrate the organization to lead into their demolishment as an act of vengeance to his deceased aunt that cared for him!
Yeah I think you have a point there, who knows maybe in a few weeks we'll see if that's true
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

wkd wrote:The theory of Elena & Rei's momthers being sister is really getting into my head now. Gosho said once that Rei's blonde hair means something, maybe he was hinting that his mother is British and Elena is British as we know. That explains why we have the opening of one of The Scarlet Series with Elena talking to a young Rei. He was her niece after all she must have cared about him. Then this would lead Rei somehow into the organization, and when he was affected or felt how bad they are, or maybe he even learned that they killed his aunt, he decided to become a member in the PSIA, and infiltrate the organization to lead into their demolishment as an act of vengeance to his deceased aunt that cared for him!
my problem with this is that in the Japanese text for the conversation between the supposed Elena and young Rei, she identifies herself as 'sensei' to him, although this doesn't show up in the translations. "next time you fight you won't get help because sensei must go far away" the DCTP translation just says " I " instead. If she was his aunt and he was somehow aware of it, wouldn't she just identify herself as his aunt instead ?
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
my problem with this is that in the Japanese text for the conversation between the supposed Elena and young Rei, she identifies herself as 'sensei' to him, although this doesn't show up in the translations. "next time you fight you won't get help because sensei must go far away" the DCTP translation just says " I " instead. If she was his aunt and he was somehow aware of it, wouldn't she just identify herself as his aunt instead ?
Maybe she never said him she was his aunt, because it could be dangerous if the BO knows about her relatives, Rei could know it after her demise, I at least notice it when I saw how she corcerned about him and obviously how sad she was when she was saying good bye, for me those are hints, but who knows, Gosho usually does unexpected twists to the plot.
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

Akai/Subaru wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Maybe she never said him she was his aunt, because it could be dangerous if the BO knows about her relatives, Rei could know it after her demise, I at least notice it when I saw how she concerned about him and obviously how sad she was when she was saying good bye, for me those are hints, but who knows, Gosho usually does unexpected twists to the plot.
I don't know, she doesn't look all that sad to me. Since we only get one frame with her face for that flashback and she is wearing her glasses and we can't see her eyes so its really hard to tell what she is feeling at the moment. She just doesn't look all that sad to me. Its Rei that is the one crying.
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Akai/Subaru wrote:
jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:
Maybe she never said him she was his aunt, because it could be dangerous if the BO knows about her relatives, Rei could know it after her demise, I at least notice it when I saw how she concerned about him and obviously how sad she was when she was saying good bye, for me those are hints, but who knows, Gosho usually does unexpected twists to the plot.
I don't know, she doesn't look all that sad to me. Since we only get one frame with her face for that flashback and she is wearing her glasses and we can't see her eyes so its really hard to tell what she is feeling at the moment. She just doesn't look all that sad to me. Its Rei that is the one crying.
well in that point you might be right but, what if she whas hiding her sadness, sometimes when the caracters who wear glasses are hiding their fellings or their ideas are shown with a reflex in their glasses (or filled in white), I think maybe that's the case and she did that just for not making Rei sader, who knows maybe she never showed her sentimental side very often.
wkd

Post by wkd »

Well for her saying that sentence is not that awkward. Gosho uses this type of conversation between characters that are close to each other. It's not that big fuss, sensei or aunty have the same meaning about what she's trying to tell Rei. I also missed a point, Rei was willing to go against Gin, and Vermouth plans respectively when he cornered Shiho. He wanted her to be captured alive. Now why would he want her alive? She's a traitor of the organization and if they find her they're willing to kill her immediately, like what Gin did in the roof top in the Reunion With The Black Organization. There's only one meaning to this, he was going to take her away from the organization's eyes, send her with his PSIA acquaintaces in the helicopter and fake her death in the trailer. Maybe Vermouth might know about his faked death plane, but he can still keep her quiet using his threats about exposing her relationship with the boss. This means he cares for Shiho so much, and it's very logical since she's his direct cousin.
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

wkd wrote:Well for her saying that sentence is not that awkward. Gosho uses this type of conversation between characters that are close to each other. It's not that big fuss, sensei or aunty have the same meaning about what she's trying to tell Rei. I also missed a point, Rei was willing to go against Gin, and Vermouth plans respectively when he cornered Shiho. He wanted her to be captured alive. Now why would he want her alive? She's a traitor of the organization and if they find her they're willing to kill her immediately, like what Gin did in the roof top in the Reunion With The Black Organization. There's only one meaning to this, he was going to take her away from the organization's eyes, send her with his PSIA acquaintaces in the helicopter and fake her death in the trailer. Maybe Vermouth might know about his faked death plane, but he can still keep her quiet using his threats about exposing her relationship with the boss. This means he cares for Shiho so much, and it's very logical since she's his direct cousin.
yeah that's true and I think Conan is going to tell him that Shiho is alive since Conan realized Rei is an ally. I wana see Shiho's face when Rei suddenly gets into Agasa's house LOLZ
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

wkd wrote:This means he cares for Shiho so much, and it's very logical since she's his direct cousin.
Or it just means that he wanted his pals to have her so they can question her about the organization, or something along those lines.

So let me ask a question.
Has Amuro's mother been referenced at all in any shape or form ever in the manga?
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

No, she hasn't, but I've noticed that Elena was very close to Rei, it might be a signal because it's not so normal for a person to be so concerned for a kid who isn't her relative. And for some reason Rei is blond, that's not normal for a japanese person, so one of his parents must be from occident.
wkd

Post by wkd »

Akai/Subaru wrote:No, she hasn't, but I've noticed that Elena was very close to Rei, it might be a signal because it's not so normal for a person to be so concerned for a kid who isn't her relative. And for some reason Rei is blond, that's not normal for a japanese person, so one of his parents must be from occident.
What Akai/Subura just said is exactly what I wanted to say, plus in the latest interview with Gosho, he corrected the hair color of Amuro from blonde to brown, which is found in large percentage of British people. That's a hint that is important to the story line, which may link him to Elena. Maybe he was orphaned at a very young age and his parents also had ties to the organization? We can't be so sure after all we don't have enough clues for a clear deduction. These are only theories, you know but there's also the possibility of them coming true, we'll find out everything soon I guess/hope.
Akai/Subaru

Post by Akai/Subaru »

wkd wrote:
Akai/Subaru wrote:No, she hasn't, but I've noticed that Elena was very close to Rei, it might be a signal because it's not so normal for a person to be so concerned for a kid who isn't her relative. And for some reason Rei is blond, that's not normal for a japanese person, so one of his parents must be from occident.
What Akai/Subura just said is exactly what I wanted to say, plus in the latest interview with Gosho, he corrected the hair color of Amuro from blonde to brown, which is found in large percentage of British people. That's a hint that is important to the story line, which may link him to Elena. Maybe he was orphaned at a very young age and his parents also had ties to the organization? We can't be so sure after all we don't have enough clues for a clear deduction. These are only theories, you know but there's also the possibility of them coming true, we'll find out everything soon I guess/hope.
Wow :o I didn't know about this correction of Rei's hair colour, so it's the same as Shiho, that just make me being more certain about that theory.