Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.

Which mothers do you think sisters

Ai and Toru's moms
55%
Conan and Shuichi's moms
45%

Total votes: 29
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Re: Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by MoonRaven »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:I'd rather see Yusaku and Toichi related than Yukiko and Chikage.
They have different last names which would take some explaining. Besides we got foreshadowing about "OMG our mom's are so alike!1!!" in the clusterhype-of-nonsense that was the Ryoma case.

http://www.dctp.ws/V70-Reader/V70-4Read/A16.html
Yes, but for Gosho to tell that two mums are related and then throw Chikage as the other one... It has nothing to do with anything. Especially when the tidbit is revealed at this point of the plot. No matter of that foreshadowing int he year X.

Well, it's my opinion in any case. I just... I don't want those two be related! Toichi and Yusaku are more likely and it could even explain better Shinichi and Kaito's similar looks(other than Gosho's lack of main character models) as they both are referred to resemble their respective fathers.

Okay, shutting up now.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
PhantomWriter
Rye on Discord

Post by PhantomWriter »

MoonRaven wrote:
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:I'd rather see Yusaku and Toichi related than Yukiko and Chikage.
They have different last names which would take some explaining. Besides we got foreshadowing about "OMG our mom's are so alike!1!!" in the clusterhype-of-nonsense that was the Ryoma case.

Yes, but for Gosho to tell that two mums are related and then throw Chikage as the other one... It has nothing to do with anything. Especially when the tidbit is revealed at this point of the plot. No matter of that foreshadowing int he year X.

Well, it's my opinion in any case. I just... I don't want those two be related! Toichi and Yusaku are more likely and it could even explain better Shinichi and Kaito's similar looks(other than Gosho's lack of main character models) as they both are referred to resemble their respective fathers.

Okay, shutting up now.
Well, Ran and Aoko also look pretty similar...

Anyway, I have a feeling that, assuming he's not just trolling with a red herring, it would actually be relevant to the plot. Meaning Yukiko, Elena, or other similar characters. Chigake isn't involved in the plot.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

PhantomWriter wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:

Okay, shutting up now.
Well, Ran and Aoko also look pretty similar...

Anyway, I have a feeling that, assuming he's not just trolling with a red herring, it would actually be relevant to the plot. Meaning Yukiko, Elena, or other similar characters. Chigake isn't involved in the plot.
Exactly the wording I was looking for. Thank you. :)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

AICHAN
Curry time!

Post by AICHAN »

But the problem is that we don't really know if it's important for the BO plot.the interview didn't gave us a clue about that.If it's relevant for the plot,then I would say it's Elena and Amuro's mum,or maybe Elena and Vermouth.If that's just two mum in DC,I'll go with Yukiko and Chikage.But I really hope it's something plot related,that would be annoying otherwise.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
soul_dreamer

Post by soul_dreamer »

I like the both options and I think both would be interesting, if sisters are Yukiko and Shuuichi's mum, then it could explain, how Shinichi and Sera met, though it would be weird why Sera remembers Conan, while he doesn't remember her, does she have some photos from the times the met/play together or something?

If the sister are Elena and Amuro's mum, this also would be interesting. If this is the case, then it would be weird for Ai not knowing, unless she knows, but decided to keep quiet about it for some reason or maybe she doesn't know. If Amuro's parents died (they died, right?), when Shiho was very young, then she might not know about Amuro's mum being her aunt, because BO decided to keep quiet about it, though I don't see a reason for them not to tell her, but you never know.

I really hope that the sisters are not Yukiko and Chikage. I wouldn't find it as much interesting as those options above.

By the way, are these three options the only ones that considered? I would also find interesting if the sisters would be Amuro's mum and Shuuichi's mum, even though we didn't see them before, or maybe Eri was someone's sister, e.g. Elena. I highly doubt that it's the case, but then again I would find it more interesting than Yukiko and Chikage.
themasq

Post by themasq »

I agree. Yukiko and Chikage are probably the most likely, but I also don't see any plot relevance. Big deal, they're sisters. That really doesn't catch my interest. It was expected anyway, they look similar.
Korvo

Post by Korvo »

[speculation] Heiji's and Amuro's mothers.

That brown skin![/s]
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

Korvo wrote:[speculation] Heiji's and Amuro's mothers.

That brown skin![/s]
But Heiji got his skin color from his grandfather from his father's side.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

Korvo

Post by Korvo »

MoonRaven wrote:

That brown skin![/s]
The (English) version I've read just says "grandfather". Is there some nuance in the Japanese?
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by Jecka »

Korvo wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

That brown skin![/s]
The (English) version I've read just says "grandfather". Is there some nuance in the Japanese?
Isn't it because his dad also has darker skin?
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

Jecka wrote:
Korvo wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

That brown skin![/s]
Isn't it because his dad also has darker skin?
Well, his mother is anyways described to have very pale skin color which is why Ran(and Kogoro) was so surprised when revealed she was Heiji's mum. To which Heiji retorted his skin color coming from his grandfather. It could be just my interpretation that it was the grandfather of his fatehr's side. I don't remember the details anymore...
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

Shinichi Edogawa

Post by Shinichi Edogawa »

A long time ago, Gosho said that Shinichi and Kaitou Kid are linked, so I suppose that Yukiko and Chikage are sisters.
Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

Probably not what Gosho's going for, but we could also have it be Chikage is Yukiko's sister and Yuusaku and Toichi are blood relatives
(I got this idea from my own family btw and it's pretty much a crack theory so :V)
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

Until further story developments, and judging from the part of the interview(where it's known that many characters and cases are related with one another), I have a theory about Akai Shuichi's father and Hondou Hidemi's mother being siblings!

Based on some trivial but logical assumptions, as well as some observed behaviors!(these ideas are grounded by a few assumptions)

1) Assumptions:

Haneda Shuukichi is the middle brother of the Akai family. Reasons:
- he is in the right age. (Around 28 yrs old, compared with his classmates who were around that age)
- he has shown intelligence beyond Standard level and even got admired by conan. Middle brother was claimed, by Sera, to be the smartest of the siblings.
- He revealed suspicious behavior of being aware that conan is more than just a kid, just like Sera did. Middle brother has revealed to Sera that he knows who conan is and referred to him as a wizard(could alternatively mean someone who makes mysteries disappear).
- First name is similar to Shuichi, which is common in Japanese families(where siblings name sounds alike).
- strong indication that he's the brother in chapter 902

2) Reasoning:

Gosho has a special, but simple, way to draw out the resemblances of siblings and families. The most commonly used way is by drawing similar eyes (which has been demonstrated through eisuke and hidemi, akai and Sera). What we got to know about The middle brother is that he doesn't resemble Sera and Akai much, but their father instead. Assuming Haneda is the middle brother, we can notice that he doesn't share the same eye style like Sera and Akai. And if Gosho is trying to portray their differences through their eyes, its possible to Assume that Haneda shares the same eyes as his father(likewise with Akai and sera sharing the same eyes as their mother). Now to the point of my theory! I can't help but believe that Haneda's eyes looks pretty much like Hidemi's(and eisuke's) eyes, nonetheless resembles like the mature version of eisuke. To draw some parallells, if haneda's father has those same eyes, then the possibility exist that he could turn out to be Hidemi and eisuke's mother's brother(since they got their eyes from their mother).

3) Observed behavior:

Now, it might seem a little farfetched, but from my experience, Gosho has stuff like that planned out beforehand and does his work neatly and with full details in mind(when it comes to the looks of new characters). And sure, one could ask "why isn't Miike Naeko related with them somehow?"(since she also have similar eyes), but what kept me on this track were a few extra details, but I'll mention one:
How did Akai get his full background info on Ethan Hondou? One can suggest many possibilities, like he got some acquaintances in the CIA or other reliable sources(since, according to jodie, he gets needed information from sources very often and helps them out). But among those possibilities, one is that he got it because of his father's possible relation with the Hondous!

Feel free to give out opinions, for or against, ESPECIALLY against!!!
Last edited by MeiTanteixX on September 23rd, 2016, 6:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q
aly_angelflight
Get that squirrel!

Post by aly_angelflight »

The "Japanese siblings have similar names" part from the above reminded me that it's rather common in Japan for siblings' names to give away their birth order... Shuuichi has "ichi" (1) in his name, and Masumi has "mi" (3) in hers, so there's a possibility the middle brother will have some reading of 二 (2) in his name... :-X
"I suppose he could have changed. I myself have noticed my growing resemblance to a daffodil.”
3DS Friend Code: 2723-9258-9521