Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.

Which mothers do you think sisters

Ai and Toru's moms
55%
Conan and Shuichi's moms
45%

Total votes: 29
Kai-chan17

Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by Kai-chan17 »

It explains why Yukiko is close to Akai and why she helped him disguise as Okiya. Masumi meet Shinichi when they were younger. That's why Masumi knows that Conan is Shinichi.
I suspect that Yusaku must be supporting Masumi. Shuichi might have meet Shinichi at the same time Masumi did.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Re: Conan and Shuichi moms are sisters

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

The sisters are going to be Yukiko and Chikage.
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
Cbox: Akai Tsuki
-
The paranoid and homicidial townie of DCTP Mafia

Post by MoonRaven »

why can't I vote both? Either is fine to me. Both happening is also okay if you ask my opinion.(yeah, I know it won't happen) I can't really state my opinion since both are plausible to me.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr
Dream or Not finished at 72 chapters

Chapter 33 of Leap to Relatively Unknown updated 12.9.20

Chapter 8 of the sequel, Leaping into the Dream updated 6.10.19

Chapter 2 of The Crow's Song updated 19.7.18
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:The sisters are going to be Yukiko and Chikage.
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

Wakarimashita wrote:
I think I'd do that too.
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:Never ignore coincidence. Unless you are busy. Then always ignore the coincidence.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Post by Jd- »

"Everybody is somebody else's childhood friend" and "Everybody is related to somebody else" in this series is not just me joking around anymore--it's an essential basis of any character's involvement at this point.

If someone doesn't have a childhood friend yet, it's only because we've not had time. If they're not somehow related to someone (literally or figuratively), they will be. Oh, they will be.
Wakarimashita wrote:
"Kaitou Kid and Shinichi are brothers!!" . . . has definitely, definitely been done at least a few times in fan-fiction stories where it was laughed off and not in the least taken seriously, and... somehow, we've come to this point. We're here, my friends. We have arrived... in...
Spoiler:
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Kaitos and Shinichis mothers, it's almost given...
MoonRaven
DCTP's 赤死
-
-

Post by MoonRaven »

I'd rather see Yusaku and Toichi related than Yukiko and Chikage.
My dA
My AO3
My FF
My Tumblr

Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

MoonRaven wrote:I'd rather see Yusaku and Toichi related than Yukiko and Chikage.
^This
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

MoonRaven wrote:I'd rather see Yusaku and Toichi related than Yukiko and Chikage.
They would be brothers in law...
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

This. I am hopeful, though, that it's not going to affect the story too much. I mean, Gosho also said that Kaito Kid won't be appearing in any more BO cases.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar
BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Post by Chekhov MacGuffin »

They have different last names which would take some explaining. Besides we got foreshadowing about "OMG our mom's are so alike!1!!" in the clusterhype-of-nonsense that was the Ryoma case.

http://www.dctp.ws/V70-Reader/V70-4Read/A16.html
Wakarimashita

Post by Wakarimashita »

Jd- wrote:"Everybody is somebody else's childhood friend" and "Everybody is related to somebody else" in this series is not just me joking around anymore--it's an essential basis of any character's involvement at this point.

If someone doesn't have a childhood friend yet, it's only because we've not had time. If they're not somehow related to someone (literally or figuratively), they will be. Oh, they will be.
Wakarimashita wrote:
"Kaitou Kid and Shinichi are brothers!!" . . . has definitely, definitely been done at least a few times in fan-fiction stories where it was laughed off and not in the least taken seriously, and... somehow, we've come to this point. We're here, my friends. We have arrived... in...
Spoiler:
Soon we will be learning that Sera is actually....a female vampire, hence her strange tooth. 8-)
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

Jecka
I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Post by Jecka »

k11chi wrote:
They would be brothers in law...
Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
They have different last names which would take some explaining. Besides we got foreshadowing about "OMG our mom's are so alike!1!!" in the clusterhype-of-nonsense that was the Ryoma case.

http://www.dctp.ws/V70-Reader/V70-4Read/A16.html
Ahh...true @Chek

But they could be cousins. None of my cousins share my last name (mostly because Dad's an only child and I don't actually know his father's side of the family :V)
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/
Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no
Shiromi

Post by Shiromi »

Much of fanfic is Kaito/Shinichi. If it turns out that their mothers are the sisters he mentioned, is Goushou trying to kill this ship by turning it into incest? Do we have any idea if Goushou is comfortable with the slashing of those two characters?

ETA: In addition, I've noticed that the closest to a reoccurring queer character that Goushou gets is Sera Masumi, and there's a single transgender character: Dr. Asai. No gay, lesbian, or bi/pan-sexual characters, at least not ever explicitly stated. You could debate subtext, but you could read sex into anything with a little effort.
My DC Fanfic: Awaking and Arising - Shiromi writes her version of the end of the series. With 100% more lesbians and immortal zombie boys. And existential crises. Lots of them.
Kogorou - A character study that seeks to answer the question: Why is Kogorou the way he is?
A Kindred Spirit - Sonoko and Makoto realize that they have more in common than previously realized.
DC Fanfic Rants

Betareading this fanfic: Deception