Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Post Reply
Korvo

Posts:
34

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Korvo »

Incomplete-tantei wrote:
AICHAN wrote:
At the end of the Taii case Haibara was hiding from Bourbon but it wasn't specified whether she felt he was a member of the Org or not. I think she was just hiding just because she got the information he was Bourbon. It's quite illogical Haibara only sensed the Org aura once and didn't feel it anymore when Rei was around her in the shrine and Taii case. If Gosho didn't want to ruin the suspense Benzaki=Bourbon and the pregnant woman=Vermouth, he shouldn't have included Haibara because she normally would've felt the Org aura, especially from Vermouth.. Gosho really messed up this time. It could be understandable if Rei is kind of special and doesn't have the Org aura, since he's a mole/Secret Police and such but then it shouldn't be that simple because it wasn't specified BO moles didn't have the aura.
It's been pretty well established that Haibara only senses the aura sometimes from Akai. I don't see why Bourbon, who's also a mole, can't be a similar exception.
User avatar
Elixir

Posts:
144

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Elixir »

Has anyone realised the implications that Yukiko used to regularly check on Akai's disguise? That would mean Yukiko were visiting him in his apartment before it got burned. Because, it will be strange that they are making the disguise in the Kudo mansion, then the unknown Subaru Okiya was already coming out of the house before he lived there.

If Haibara allowed him to stay in Agasa's house, it would be inconvenient to conceal his identity.
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

@Elixir: Conan and Yukiko most likely would tell Agasa about who Okiya really is (I think he knows already) and Yukiko could come to his house to check on Akai's disguise, while Ai is outside the house. The only problem would be that there would be a risk of Ai finding out about Okiya's true identity.

I actually can't wait for that to happen.
User avatar
Elixir

Posts:
144

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Elixir »

^Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Haibara getting curious about this new guy that she rummages through his things (you can never be careful enough lol), or discovers that he's not really studying engineering (Akai both FBI and an engineer FTW!). It's a missed opportunity.

On a side note, it is hard to pretend to be an engineer, more so, a doctorate student in engineering if you're not in that field. So either Akai has the qualifications or Conan has everything planned. If so, why didn't he let him in his house in the first place?
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts:
1156

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Nemomon »

Elixir wrote:If so, why didn't he let him in his house in the first place?
I think it might be "related" what Bourbon said in Kudo's house. He was looking for a strange and new guy appearing next to Conan, and chances that he's Akai are high.

Conan wanted Okiya live somewhere else, so connections to him would be slim and hardly noticeable. However, since Okiya's house burned he didn't have a choice but to let him live there.

Though now I'm wondering, Akai rather has some savings, he could rent yet another room to live. And even if Akai doesn't have enough money, I'm sure Kudo's family would participate in the costs or at least find him a new house.

Unless it specially had to be Kudo's house, so he would be able to plant traps and cameras. Then indeed I also don't get why he didn't let him living in his house in the first place.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
User avatar
jimmy_kud0_tv2

Posts:
705

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by jimmy_kud0_tv2 »

One of my biggest problems with the Bourbon arc is Vermouth. Earlier in the series she seemed like she new pretty much everything. She established a link between Conan and Shinichi, even seeing that Shinichi was indeed alive through her disguise as Dr. Airade. She also seemed somewhat aware of the FBI and their movements, as well as figuring out that Kir was a "N.O.C.". However just seeing that Jodie was crying at the end of the Kir hospitalization arc was enough to convince her that Shuuichi was really dead and she even said something like "one Silver Bullet will be enough".

Despite knowing that Kir was a N.O.C., and that Gin had suspicions that the Black Org had re-obtained Kir far to easily, and seeing how far Bourbon was willing to go in investigating whether Shuuichi is still alive she still just seems to be acting so nonchalantly when they discuss him. She also seemed all to willing to help Bourbon in his investigation of Shuuichi even though she seemed to think it a lost cause. They even kept it a secret from Gin until the last second during the red shirts case.

While we now know that Bourbon has some information on her identity and can hold that against her in times of stress, it still seems odd that we haven't seen her really go out of her way to suspect him of anything even though she mentions to him about Gin suspecting even more rats in the organization.

It's possible she already knows about Bourbon though and just doesn't want to stop him, in the same way that she really didn't stop Kir after asking if she was a N.O.C.

I still feel worried that Vermouth is acting far differently than we are used to seeing. It almost feels like she is being forced to babysit Bourbon in a way... Maybe the boss decided to finally tighten her leash?

Hopefully someone can find some flaw in my thinking and put my mind to rest though....
I hope that I can find someway to contribute to the community even if it's just random crack theories and looking things up for people who can't find the information they need.
ImageImage
User avatar
AICHAN
Curry time!

Posts:
2301

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by AICHAN »

soul_dreamer wrote:@Elixir: Conan and Yukiko most likely would tell Agasa about who Okiya really is (I think he knows already) and Yukiko could come to his house to check on Akai's disguise, while Ai is outside the house. The only problem would be that there would be a risk of Ai finding out about Okiya's true identity.

I actually can't wait for that to happen.
yeah that's right,it would have been tough for Akai to hide his identity with Ai around.So he should be happy ai refused him to live at Agasa's place.
And I can't wait to see Ai finding Okiya's true identity as well...I can totally imagine the DB talking with Ai about the stange nicklace that Okiya wore.
He didn't recognize Haibara=Shiho and Haibara didn't feel Benzaki was B.O., it was quite a little boring. Also except the "Conan kidnapped" case, when all Bourbon suspects gathered, it was (I think) the only time when Haibara sensed Rei being B.O..
Also when did Rei ask for Haibara during the Taii/delivery case?
Well maybe Ai sense him transitely like with Akai.Or maybe that was another clue that Amuro wasn't a real BO member.
Also I was talking about that case(taii's owner-file 865)
Image
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image
mangaluva wrote:
"I've built a wall not to keep people out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."
[/quote]
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts:
1156

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Nemomon »

Since You mentioned Kir... I remember I wondered where, how, Kir received Akai's phone number. Gin ordered Kir to call Akai to arrange a meeting. But how did she know his number?

Could it be that Akai still uses the same number as he used when he was in the BO as Rye? If so, the BO shouldn't have any hard times tracking his position though his cell number and active phone.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

I think Akai could give her his number when they were in the hospital. However, the other question would be how Gin knew that Kir has Akai's number? I find two possibilities one there's something behind it or simply there's nothing behind it. Honestly I think it's the latter, because otherwise Gin should get suspicious about Kir having Akai's number.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts:
1156

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Nemomon »

soul_dreamer wrote:I think Akai could give her his number when they were in the hospital. However, the other question would be how Gin knew that Kir has Akai's number? I find two possibilities one there's something behind it or simply there's nothing behind it. Honestly I think it's the latter, because otherwise Gin should get suspicious about Kir having Akai's number.
That's exactly my point. Gin should get suspicious why Kir has Akai's (BO's enemy no. #1) phone number.

Plus, Gin knows that number but never tried to track to who really it belonged (in case "Akai Shuuichi" is also a false name) and burn the owner's family and house.

I think a mafia could have a lot of usages of active (not turned off) phone number of their enemies).
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

I don't have any logical explanation why Gin didn't do anything about the fact that Kir knows Akai's number, unless he did something, but we readers don't know about it.

I will let it be as it is, maybe there would be something more about it in the future, but I cannot help it that there's no explanation for it. IMO Gin should ask Kir right away how she get Akai's number. Akai has had to change his number after he left BO. It would be totally unreasonable for him not to.
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Posts:
1156

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Nemomon »

But wasn't it that Gin ordered Kir to call Akai, so he either already knew that Kir has his number or even he himself knew the number? I also think that Akai has had to change the number after leaving the BO. Maybe this is one of tne mistakes in the Conan's plot.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
User avatar
soul_dreamer

Posts:
918

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by soul_dreamer »

I wouldn't be surprised if it would be simply done, because 'it works for the plot'.
Sani

Posts:
27

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Sani »

jimmy_kud0_tv2 wrote:One of my biggest problems with the Bourbon arc is Vermouth. Earlier in the series she seemed like she new pretty much everything. She established a link between Conan and Shinichi, even seeing that Shinichi was indeed alive through her disguise as Dr. Airade. She also seemed somewhat aware of the FBI and their movements, as well as figuring out that Kir was a "N.O.C.". However just seeing that Jodie was crying at the end of the Kir hospitalization arc was enough to convince her that Shuuichi was really dead and she even said something like "one Silver Bullet will be enough".

Despite knowing that Kir was a N.O.C., and that Gin had suspicions that the Black Org had re-obtained Kir far to easily, and seeing how far Bourbon was willing to go in investigating whether Shuuichi is still alive she still just seems to be acting so nonchalantly when they discuss him. She also seemed all to willing to help Bourbon in his investigation of Shuuichi even though she seemed to think it a lost cause. They even kept it a secret from Gin until the last second during the red shirts case.

While we now know that Bourbon has some information on her identity and can hold that against her in times of stress, it still seems odd that we haven't seen her really go out of her way to suspect him of anything even though she mentions to him about Gin suspecting even more rats in the organization.

It's possible she already knows about Bourbon though and just doesn't want to stop him, in the same way that she really didn't stop Kir after asking if she was a N.O.C.

I still feel worried that Vermouth is acting far differently than we are used to seeing. It almost feels like she is being forced to babysit Bourbon in a way... Maybe the boss decided to finally tighten her leash?

Hopefully someone can find some flaw in my thinking and put my mind to rest though....
I'm really sorry, but I can't find a flaw. I got the same impression during the arc.
At least she seems to be the only one knowing that Sherry is alive, so she's still got a slight advantage of information in that regard. Hopefully she'll use it in her favour.
User avatar
Elixir

Posts:
144

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan Files 894-898: Scarlet Series!

Post by Elixir »

Akai's phone number
Gosho probably missed this detail, since from the reader's perspective, we all are aware that Kir have Akai's mobile. Since Akai still has the message left by Akemi, I would assume his current number is the same as his BO number, registered in Moroboshi Dai's name. Though I also agree he should have changed his number.

Please enlighten me how BO can track his location through this number. I'm not knowledgeable around this expertise. :)

Also, I am beginning to believe that Akai indeed has engineering degree. How on earth did he hack through Haibara's messaging system and Kogorou's laptop? If that is the case, he knows how to block tracking against him, right?
Post Reply