Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
Shinan-Kudogawa

Re: Rum Arc Discussion Thread (Plot + Characters)

Postby Shinan-Kudogawa » January 26th, 2020, 2:19 am

blackmoon wrote:
Shinan-Kudogawa wrote:True, one on the edge of life. Being attacked, would naturally stab the attacker, leading to blood. However are we sure that the scissors were not stained with blood?, there is nothing known fully about that. Furthermore, the fact is, his attacker is more than likely a far skilled martial artist that Kouji. Which would mean that the attacker managed to be bruised rather than stabbed, at a split second.

The scissors are yet to be fully revealed, plus kouji was probably near sighted, which reinforce the chance that he missed.

True, we cannot be sure whether the scissor were not stained with blood except if it were yet the one at the crime scene were not then that brings a probability that RUM or the B.O. or whoever came after not managing to have time to do some clean up or tampering on the crime scene ~ that the crime scene was left as it were~ may be false. Let's assume that there were blood spilled and the scissor used by Kohji to attack the assaulter that was stained with blood was switched with one that was clean and a false "dying message" was set up instead by putting broken pieces of the mirror back into it's frame... then who would gain from such an act? A member of the B.O. or an enemy of the B.O. or someone else? ???

I'd restrict myself from going over board, and meanwhile guessing that who ever took a piece of evidence already took the scissors, for example Wakasa. While speculation on my end, is rather based on hypothesis. Suspicion naturally falls onto her, as she took the Shogi piece, which we believe was at the crime scene. She may have took with her the scissors, and a hand mirror (Soul Detective). You brought to my attention, a speculation of 'false' dying message. As in, someone planted the dying message to implicate BO??!. If that's the case, then it is someone who knew the BO are involved, and wanted to implicate them in the murder. Meaning that, whoever did it, tampered with the evidence to implicate BO/Asaka/Rum, would Wakasa implicate Asaka in the crime, if she is Asaka??!. I doubt it is the BO themselves made the evidence to implicate their personnel, and it is not their M.O. . Most likely it was either Wakasa, if she is not BO, or someone else entirely not belonging to BO.
Zerozaki4869

Postby Zerozaki4869 » January 31st, 2020, 8:39 am

Just a little addendum,
How was Kohji able to make that message and leave the shogi piece as the dying message ?

Kohji had to flee, get back to his room, fetch the mirror and the scissors, made the message with real haste, then Rum came in had beaten the shit out of him, during the fiasco Kohji was able to cut the mirror without removing its backing, thrown off the scissors, picked up the piece and again picked up the scissors. It is too unrealistic.

I've seen people making a case that Kohji removed the backing of the mirror and after cutting the message he picked up all the glass shards and put them on the backing. Sounds ridiculous given the glass shard fragments sticking to the backing proving that it was not removed.

Some do say that Kohji was holding the shogi piece while making the message, which also is very unlikely and nobody can use their hands freely in that situation. So all in all the mirror message looks like not something done by Kohji.
Shinan-Kudogawa

Postby Shinan-Kudogawa » February 3rd, 2020, 7:37 am

Zerozaki4869 wrote:Just a little addendum,
How was Kohji able to make that message and leave the shogi piece as the dying message ?

Kohji had to flee, get back to his room, fetch the mirror and the scissors, made the message with real haste, then Rum came in had beaten the shit out of him, during the fiasco Kohji was able to cut the mirror without removing its backing, thrown off the scissors, picked up the piece and again picked up the scissors. It is too unrealistic.

I've seen people making a case that Kohji removed the backing of the mirror and after cutting the message he picked up all the glass shards and put them on the backing. Sounds ridiculous given the glass shard fragments sticking to the backing proving that it was not removed.

Some do say that Kohji was holding the shogi piece while making the message, which also is very unlikely and nobody can use their hands freely in that situation. So all in all the mirror message looks like not something done by Kohji.

My guess would be either to agree with your statement, that someone else left the mirror. Or that Kouji did leave the mirror and the Shogi piece, however, whileso Rum was fighting someone else perhaps Asaka. Or vice versa, while Rum was fighting Kouji, someone else (maybe Asaka) left the messge before leaving, that is as long as Asaka is acting against Rum..
Zerozaki4869

Postby Zerozaki4869 » February 14th, 2020, 11:20 am

Kuroda called Kansuke from a different number and also a different handset.
He even asked Kansuke to put the call to Morofushi, but................

This has happened earlier.
So Kuroda's phone call has two unanswered questions,
a) Why call Kansuke from a different number/handset ?
b) Why not call Morofushi directly ?

The result of Kuroda's action has two consequences though,
Morofushi now is not in a position to save the number.
There is no tangible proof that the person who called them was actually Hoye Kuroda, if this other number is registered to a different persona/name.