Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,035–1,03X

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,035–1,03X

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » June 8th, 2019, 5:03 am

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first three days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.

1,035 spoiler pics are now out.

There'll be no break next week—we can expect 1,036 spoilers at this time, next week.

Here are the translations of the pics we have so far, courtesy of Fujiwara:
Spoiler:
Page 1:
File 1035: Carved Black Lacquer Tray

Next to Agasa: A grinning professor...

In this must-read opening chapter of a new case,
we encounter the desire to be surrounded by antiques!

Next to ConAi: And two pairs of eyes full of scorn...

Page 6:
Conan: S-Subaru-san?!

Okiya: I got a lot of cherries from an acquaintance of mine...

Okiya: So I came to share some with you...

Conan: More importantly, was there someone in the area around the gate?

Okiya: Yes... There was... A bike helmet-wearing...

Okiya: Girl was there!

Sera: Huh?

Sera: Conan-kun?

Sera: Why are you here?!

Conan: I-I came early this morning to take care of something!

Okiya: Speaking of which, what was the result of the appraisal of that antique?

Agasa: I was just about to head over there and find out!

Agasa: The appraiser said he would also show me an interesting appraisal object...

Okiya: An interesting appraisal object?

Page 12:
Culprit (thoughts): That's my tray!

SFX: huff huff huff huff huff

Agasa: Nishitsu-san!

Agasa: Where are you?

Agasa: Nishitsu-san!

Agasa: Nishitsu-sa-

Page 16:
Sera: There's no tray...

Sera: anywhere though...

Toujima: So noisy...

Toujima: Who exactly are you people?

Chouno: You're not some scoundrels aiming to take my tray, are you?

Sakamaki: Would you please leave if your're outsiders?

Box 1: Toujima Motoyuki (41) Appraisal client

Box 2: Chouno Kinji (74) Appraisal client

Box 3: Sakamaki Suzue (46) Appraisal client

Side note: The suspects for the murder of the appraiser appeared?!

Continues in SS #29
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Zerozaki4869

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,035–1,03X

Postby Zerozaki4869 » June 12th, 2019, 11:59 am

No plot progression no discussion.
Just one point Haibara is still anxious about an inquisitive Masumi, but told Conan to let Rumi off the hook??
ultraviolence

Postby ultraviolence » June 12th, 2019, 6:22 pm

I think this is the first time Ai meets Masumi, they haven't really been around each other before, so she doesn't know her. What I wonder about is why Masumi doesn't explain things to Conan and asks him nicely for help/the antidote (or whatever they want from him) or why Conan doesn't ask her what she's up to. He has already figured out her mom's condition, but doesn't put it forward for discussion. So is he not all that interested in their situation or has he already a grand plan in the works?
MeiTanteixX

Postby MeiTanteixX » June 13th, 2019, 6:25 am

ultraviolence wrote:What I wonder about is why Masumi doesn't explain things to Conan and asks him nicely for help/the antidote (or whatever they want from him) or why Conan doesn't ask her what she's up to.
well, we know Masumi's side of things. Mary put that plan down after his behavior in Soul detective case. Conan on the other hand has always been overly cautious and secretive to the point that even Subaru hasn't been let in on his secret identity. We'll have to wait for an incident that forces or pushes forward such development I guess.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q
ultraviolence

Postby ultraviolence » June 14th, 2019, 1:05 am

Yes, you're right, MeiTanteixX - guess I'm too impatient (just like Rum apparently is^^).
BrickBreak

Postby BrickBreak » June 14th, 2019, 8:14 pm

ultraviolence wrote:I think this is the first time Ai meets Masumi, they haven't really been around each other before, so she doesn't know her.

Actually, they have meet during the ride in the Bell Tree Express (Chapter 819) - Haibara was in some kind of shock because she was thinking about Scarakai and she was terrified about the BO being on the train. I can't really remember the discussions about it because it was such a long time ago, but in my opinion she is aware Sera is some kind of relative to Akai.

Also, this is the first time Sera and Okiya have been together since the Bell Tree Express (yes, it's been that long, lol). But more importantly, the first time since Mary was introduced to the series. As Okiya may not be aware of Mary's whereabouts and condition or even existence, let alone her involvement in the story, this could (!) become very interesting. I'm hoping for some kind of slip on Sera's side or maybe even Conan mentions Mary in some way. And let's not forget Haibara is there, too. I know this is Gosho we're talking about, but this case could be very plot moving, indeed.

edit: Now that I think about it, it's pretty clear Akai knows about Mary's condition - he was able to see through Haibara's and Conan's after a relatively short amount of time. I guess that's only possible if you have someone with a similar condition in your family. But nevertheless, I get the feeling that by the case's end we will have some progress in the plot. Not by much, mind you - this is still Gosho - but I'll take anything over more meaningless detective boys stuff.
ultraviolence

Postby ultraviolence » Yesterday, 6:42 am

Yes, you're right, they had that short encounter before, but this is the first time they are around each other for a longer time and talk to each other.

I agree this case already looks really good and promising with the two Akai siblings and Ai present at the scene, let's hope for a good development or a nice revelation.
Zerozaki4869

Postby Zerozaki4869 » Yesterday, 10:02 am

This case reminds me of the Black Bunny cafe case, the case might get resolved in 3-3.5 chapters, the last 1-.5 chapters will have something like Akai-Bourbon meeting.