Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,008

Forum reserved for discussing specific points of the story—mostly from the manga. Be warned, these discussions will be current with the manga and will spoil many plot lines for anime-centric fans.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Re: Discussion Thread: Detective Conan 1,006–1,00X

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Kor wrote:
DCUniverseAficionado wrote: In that case, would you mind getting into those nuanced descriptions of 1999–2003 DC and of 2007–present DC in PM?
Probably in the future. I wouldn't lie that writing essay long PMs will distract me away from stuff I need to do. (and it's probably something I said in the past as well iirc...? sadly that still applies.)
Gotcha. Well, whenever you find the time, I look forward to those nuanced descriptions. :)
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

So what will happen with the DBs here?

Will they:
solve this thing without Conan's help
get Conan's help via phone
get Conan's help cause he shows up at the scene later on
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

Any of those three scenarios can happen, true enough.

From the initial look on things Haibara is probably aiming to solve it by themselves since she ordered Conan to solve the issue with the reporters.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

Kor wrote:So what will happen with the DBs here?

Will they:
Conan is being kept occupied with the drama after the Tengu case so I don't think he will have time to help DBs. They still have Haibara after all, which could turn this case into Blue Castle 2.0. Fending off the media, looking for the stalker and hiding from the eyes of BO are all difficult. Not to mention some Rum suspects can show up and cause an uproar as well.
Scanlator
Detective Magic

Post by Detective Magic »

Will they:
Personally, I would like them to solve this case by themselves and for Conan to focus on his situation. The DB's problem doesn't seem super difficult and they have Haibara so it shouldn't be a big deal. And Conan already has his own case to solve.
I have a feeling (don't know why, just a feeling) that they will get Conan's help via phone, but from what I know, my "feelings" have just 50/50 chance of becoming the truth.
But I think that option 3 is less possible than the others.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Post by Haibara & Aika ryona »

Will they:

I really had a nice funny point, but I hope that you don't think that I am making a fun of you my friend mister Kor. After reading your questions, I thought you was talking about the episode number 877, specially that you also gave a post in the Detective conan General Anime Disccussion Thread, with putting the picture there, and it is also appeared in this thread; so I think that you are using it as a theme, Anyway, I really thought that

Detective Magic wrote:

Will they:
Personally, I would like them to solve this case by themselves and for Conan to focus on his situation. The DB's problem doesn't seem super difficult and they have Haibara so it shouldn't be a big deal. And Conan already has his own case to solve.
I have a feeling (don't know why, just a feeling) that they will get Conan's help via phone, but from what I know, my "feelings" have just 50/50 chance of becoming the truth.
But I think that option 3 is less possible than the others.

After reading this answer, I understood that you are talking about this 1,006–1,00X. Anyway, I do love seeing Haibara solves the Crimes, and murders by times, with helping Conan all the times.

I was happy tha she solved the case of Blue castle episode. She solved the crime when she back to normal again, before the 4 episodes that talked about train when Kogoro did his mustache mister powaro

So, I want haibara to solves the Crimes, and murders by times, with helping Conan all the times; because she is the best character in the anime in my opinion
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

PSA:

I decreased the amount of days you need to use spoiler boxes after the file's available down to 3.

As stated in the above image, please continue to use spoiler boxes for the first three days in which a file is available. However, due to legal restrictions, we kindly ask that you do NOT post any links in this topic to any Japanese raw files or English scanlations. For more information on this matter, please click here.
The file as in the FILE. Text spoilers or a bunch of spoiler pics don't count as the file being available.
This is a bit of a test-run so it may change again in the future.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Are you answering me Mister Kor?
caribou

Post by caribou »

Personally, I think it would be great if things could develop in this way:

- Haibara and the DBs solve the mystery on their own
- In the meantime, Conan tries to resolve the situation with the press gathering at the Kudo house
- However, Conan completely bungles it up and ends up getting media attention as well, and the media start probing into connections between Kudo Shinichi the famous high school detective, and Conan Edogawa, the famous Kaitou Kid nemesis!
- Obviously all this media attention is not lost on the BO. The BO starts taking an interest in Conan. Conan and Akai are warned of this by Rena / Kir.
- With all the media and BO's attention, Conan has to go on the down low and rely more on all his friends to help him. Perhaps he even finds the need to reveal the truth to Ran finally. In the midst of all this, Asaka (who is likely Rumi? At least, IMO) approaches Conan/Shinichi and asks for help solving the Kohji Haneda case.

Sorry this is obviously thinking far ahead of the current file but I am really hopeful this is how it will develop. ;D In particular, I think it is important as a matter of plot and character development that Shinichi/Conan does not get the opportunity to be the "hero" on his own, that he realises that he cannot "protect" everyone on his own and he must rely on others for help sometimes.
"Shh! Celebrate after the curtain of this bloody stage closes."

Conan4869_

Post by Conan4869_ »

As the user above me said, I really want the media to take notice of Conan and write something about him. Making connections between him and Shinichi, and having the BO get wind of it all will make this follow-up much more interesting!
Last edited by Conan4869_ on October 21st, 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes, The Sign of Four
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

Haibara & Aika ryona wrote:Are you answering me Mister Kor?
I'm not entirely sure what exactly was the question.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Look Kor

When you asked about this question "So what will happen with the DBs here?"

I thought that you are talking about episode number 877 because you already answer in discussion anime thread with putting the same picture that you are using now which is the picture fof the event when genta is running.

And when Mister Detective answered you, then I understand that you are talking about the Manga 1006 Case

So I asked you if you are answering me
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

This is a discussion thread about the current case in the manga. Naturally, I was talking about that.
Haibara & Aika ryona

Kor wrote:This is a discussion thread about the current case in the manga. Naturally, I was talking about that.
I wasn't know; so why did you anger
K.O.R.N

Post by K.O.R.N »

Anyone here thinks that there's a chance the Rum suspects can show up in this case, and RIGHT after this case? I guess this case is a regular 3-chap case, 1006-1008, like usual, since Gosho doesn't normally put 2 cases of more than 3 chaps together.

I have been thinking that the media fuss can cause people's attention, like superintendent Kuroda, or chef Wakita. Initially I thought they would come to Kudo's house just to spy on them. With Kuroda he can step in and interfere with the media but that could be too big of a reveal as he is an ally...Now, I think they will appear elsewhere, in a panel or 2...thinking of something...
Scanlator