Why do you watch/read Conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
mi.chan

Re: Why do you watch/read Conan?

Postby mi.chan » August 6th, 2015, 3:42 am

Nemomon wrote:
mi.chan wrote:♡ I would watch it forever ♡

Be careful of what You're wishing, because sometimes wishes are coming true. And in case of DC, this one might come true even sooner than You would want in to come ;).

Yes really ^_^' I was just kidding . Because DC was very very very long . And me I m very curious to keep waiting the end other 10 or 5 years at least ;)
~A~re~re!!

michan4869.tumblr.com
TanteiSa

Postby TanteiSa » August 20th, 2015, 2:01 pm

I read it because the plot is interesting and I want to know how it all ends. Also, because I got emotionally attached to most of the characters and I can't get enough of them. And the majority of the cases are quite enjoyable!
Jeetkunedo

Postby Jeetkunedo » April 19th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Conan/Scooby Doo crossover!
Christcc9

Postby Christcc9 » April 28th, 2016, 6:01 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:1. The vast, vast majority of episodes are really entertaining. [...]
3. The cases are still very good for the most part and enough times are very praise worthy.
4. The characters are incredibly fun even if they aren't exactly super deep or super creative
5. I need to see where everything goes god dammit.

wolf4537 wrote:I mainly like watching Conan because it's a series where I feel like I can catch up to it anytime no matter how long I've been away from it, unlike most other anime series. Plus, I REALLY like trying to figure out the cases myself as I watch each episode unfold.

ddrober2003 wrote:Mainly because I have spent so much time reading the series, that I want to see it to its end.

Nix wrote:I love the plot, and it always leaves room for speculation and discussion in cases. Been going on for long, but still hasn't lost interest and engagement.

TanteiSa wrote:[...]I got emotionally attached to most of the characters and I can't get enough of them.

I'd add I like learning things about Japan, Sherlock Holmes and some everyday tricks with the cases (like putting a tomato in water - it sinks, adding salt and the tomato resurfaces. It's useless but I love that!).
The impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner.
Fear of death is worse than death itself.
ConanAccountant

Postby ConanAccountant » April 29th, 2016, 2:15 pm

The characters are amazing, funny, and original.
Not to mention the amazing Shinichi/Conan and Ran dynamic, and the relationship between the other couples, like Kaito/Aoko, Heiji/Kazuha, Kogoro/Eri, Yusaku/Yukiko, Ayumi/Conan, Sato/Takagi etc..
The climax is going to be heart-wrenching, which is something I knew from the moment I saw the first movie, because Gosho LOVES to play with our emotions.
And I cannot wait to see the Shinichi and Ran reunion. I hope it will be as beautiful as some amazing fanfictions have depicted :)
SHINICHIxRAN Forever :)
wolf4537

Postby wolf4537 » May 1st, 2016, 2:37 pm

I feel like I need to add that the Anime now to me had a lot more comedic aspects to it compared to before, which I love seeing in general. I think one other reason I keep watching Conan is because it's a series I've stuck to for such a long time now (since 2004) and I don't see myself giving it up.
DETECTIVE CONAN AND WOLF'S RAIN ROCK
kouzoun

Postby kouzoun » June 19th, 2016, 11:18 am

I read it for the romance parts. even though the manga is not about that topic but whenever there is romance, it's really well made. I don't read the ones with the detective boys, I'm more for Ran and Kogoro appearances.
"I don't want to see her cry anymore, even if it means that I no longer have a place in her heart"
chongjasmine

Postby chongjasmine » October 18th, 2016, 11:54 pm

I like the cases and how they are solved.
I like the characters and how they interact with each other.
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 21st, 2016, 1:05 am

chongjasmine wrote:I like the characters and how they interact with each other.

Ummm... are you sure we're talking about the same series? I thought it is a common knowledge that characters in Conan do not interact and communicate with each other, and that's why everybody (Conan, Haibara, Akai and Amuro) doesn't know what knowlwdge about the case the others have.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 23rd, 2016, 10:38 pm

Nemomon wrote:

...characters in Conan do not interact and communicate with each other... that's why everybody (Conan, Haibara, Akai and Amuro) doesn't know what knowlwdge about the case the others have.

Except four characters aren't "everybody."
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 23rd, 2016, 11:44 pm

DCUniverseAficionado wrote:
Nemomon wrote:

...characters in Conan do not interact and communicate with each other... that's why everybody (Conan, Haibara, Akai and Amuro) doesn't know what knowlwdge about the case the others have.

The problem is that the characters who truly affect the plot do not interact with each other. For many guys who only follow DC because of plot now, they make up a large part of "everybody".
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » October 24th, 2016, 12:05 am

eros1607 wrote: For many guys who only follow DC because of plot now

After the Bourbon arc, i'm shocked such people even still exist.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
eros1607

Postby eros1607 » October 24th, 2016, 12:37 am

kkslider5552000 wrote:
eros1607 wrote: For many guys who only follow DC because of plot now

After the Bourbon arc, i'm shocked such people even still exist.

There are people who survive that goddamn 7 years. Theses include me who read DC 70% for plot, 30% for cases. During Bourbon arc, we make up for the lack of plot advances by reading theories of Chekhov and you guys ;D
Nemomon

This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Postby Nemomon » October 24th, 2016, 1:38 am

Nemomon wrote:

Everybody that matters. Mary doesn't talk at all, and Sera talks in riddles only, and therefore nobody understands her. We have 6 characters now :P.
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado

Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Postby DCUniverseAficionado » October 24th, 2016, 2:15 am

Nemomon wrote:
Nemomon wrote:

Everybody that matters. Mary doesn't talk at all, and Sera talks in riddles only, and therefore nobody understands her. We have 6 characters now :P.

You said, "everybody." I thus responded to that general term.

If you meant "everybody that I think matters," you should've put that.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)