Why do you watch/read Conan?

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Ranchangirl

Re: Why do you watch/read Conan?

Postby Ranchangirl » February 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Nobody warned me how addictive Ai was.
Jecka

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Postby Jecka » March 7th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Commi-Ninja wrote:
Ranchangirl wrote:Don't get me started on the ocean of lameness that is Scooby-Doo.
Yes, it's lame, but the original series is awesome nonetheless!
^
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no

PhantomWriter

Rye on Discord

Postby PhantomWriter » March 8th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Came for the murder mysteries, stayed for the characters and the overarching plotline.
"Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay." -Sherlock Holmes
frankguo8

Conan is love; Conan is life :P

Postby frankguo8 » May 22nd, 2013, 4:20 pm

Because I grew up with it! Since I was 6 or 7???? (I can't even remember) :P
1. Mystery is fun!
2. The art is amazing!
3. Funny, intense, scary, suspensful
4. Loving the characters, they are just awesome and amazing
5. The plot of the Black Org. is just full of twists and suspense that I can't put down
6. Lots of themes in the series, with different themes in each case
7. The Series touches on almost every subject in the world, almost anything can relate back to Conan! I think this is one of the coolest things about this series
Jefufuh

I liek bananas.

Postby Jefufuh » May 22nd, 2013, 6:31 pm

Why do I watch/read Conan, you ask?

Detective Conan is one of the best animes and mangas I have come across during my lifetime. The plot, character development, murder cases and mystery just add to the exciting, mind-blowing anime. The complexity of character interaction and plot twists made me fall in love, watching back-to-back episodes for hours upon hours. However, one point shines brightest among them all, the true reason as to why I love this series...

The Anime Originals.

What is there not to love? The great, enjoyable uselessness that the episodes contribute to the main plot, the amazing, unprecedented, awe-inspiring amount of original, terrifying cases, and the sheer, gratifying amount of episodes inspired me to begin my trek of Conan. The enjoyable fillers make the anime fall behind from the main plot; and the more it falls behind, the more I like it. It is just truly wonderful how the Anime Originals were carefully planned out to interrupt the plot, and I fell in love with how the anime is now months and months behind. For this reason, and this reason only, I watch Detective Conan.
Why do detectives use handkerchiefs while opening doors?
Well, they don't...
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4308246/
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBobob223
[spoiler=ATTACK!!!!!]Image[/spoiler]
Image                           Image                           Image
Silver1412

No, I'm not sarcastic. I'm sarCATic ~nya.

Postby Silver1412 » June 21st, 2013, 2:05 pm

I came for the shrunken dude plot, stayed for the ever illusive ending. After so long I REALLY, REALLY NEED to see how the whole series ends. Besides the Haibara and the BO are awesome.
~nya!"Oh, don't give me that! None of you are saints, some of you are just good at hiding your sins!" - Our grade school teacher ~nya... She REALLY believed in our innocence didn't she
[img width=500]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/047/b/7/cat_signature_by_korakina-d4px6vs.jpg[/img]
The resident DCTP mother kitty ~nya!

DCTP Cat Family
Join us, you know you want to ~nya!

Avatar the courtesy of brilliant Yuri Iwamoto ~nya.

[spoiler=Sad truth about Mass Effect]Image[/spoiler]
k11chi

Postby k11chi » June 23rd, 2013, 7:53 pm

Lmao. Conan is the only series I know that when manga gets boring its time to switch to the Anime and its amazing... back to manga and sh*t goes down

The characters actually have personality the plot is good and I just hate waiting too long for whats happening to change so its good that the cases are short unlike certain other mystery manga I just read that had 200 pages for 2 chapters in row........
and when it doesnt change every 3 or so chapters its amazing during those longer cases
irishock

Postby irishock » June 28th, 2013, 4:50 am

Simply love this franchise. What else needs to be said?
dumytru

Postby dumytru » June 28th, 2013, 5:13 am

I watch Conan and I think it's full of hype, but I have no idea why! I can't really put it into words.

Isn't that the true meaning of love?
shinichi'sapprentice wrote:dumytru hasn't acted very 'evil-like', but that's his specialty though...

dumytru's Karaoke Project!
Citan

Meitantei In Training

Postby Citan » June 30th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Jecka wrote:
Commi-Ninja wrote:
Ranchangirl wrote:Don't get me started on the ocean of lameness that is Scooby-Doo.
Yes, it's lame, but the original series is awesome nonetheless!
^

Hey! I grew up watching Scooby Doo. My 7 year old cousin can't get enough of it! It's sort of a jumping off point for budding mystery nerds. Then as you get older you move up to bigger and better things. I started reading Sherlock Holmes and Sue Grafton's Alphabet Murders series. I started watching CSI... and then I encountered Detective Conan or rather "Case Closed" late one night on Toonami's Midnight Run. The episode was "The Moonlight Sonata Murders" and I never looked back.

Being a huge mystery geek Detective Conan is my perfect anime. It has everything I could ask for. Interesting characters, intelligently crafted mysteries, and a good plot that we can futily continue hoping will one day be resolved. It's an anime for those of us that prefer a good mystery to all the plethora of series about superpowered beings fighting to the death. Not that there's anything wrong with those shows. I like DBZ and Naruto as much as the next guy, but Detective Conan engages my mind the way those shows never could. That's why I was pulled in and that's why I'll always stay.
"There is only one truth. It is neither kind nor unkind. It just is." - Kudo Shinichi
Jd-
DCTP Staff Member

Postby Jd- » June 30th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Scooby Doo (the original series, at least) is a wonderful show for introducing skepticism to kids. Invaluable part of my childhood.
kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 30th, 2013, 4:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xd3CGRQXlo

yes this was necessary to post, why do you ask?
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Wakarimashita

Postby Wakarimashita » June 30th, 2013, 5:30 pm

This leads us to a very important question : is Conan more like Velma (can't see without his glasses) or more like Johnny Bravo (can't be seen without his glasses) ?
"I wonder if there really is a God...
If such an entity really existed, wouldn't all honest, hard-working people be happy?"

kkslider5552000
Community Villain

Enjoys making videos that no one will watch

Postby kkslider5552000 » June 30th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Wakarimashita wrote:This leads us to a very important question : is Conan more like Velma (can't see without his glasses) or more like Johnny Bravo (can't be seen without his glasses) ?

Johnny Bravo. Don't you remember, he took out the glass so he can see!

Shinichi honestly is to brains what Johnny Bravo is to brawn. Or not since Johnny Bravo gets his ass kicked more than Glass Joe but hey.
Let's Play Bioshock Infinite: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=879594#p879594

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Wii U ID: SliderGamer55
Jecka

I'm only tired 25/8, don't mind me

Postby Jecka » June 30th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Jd- wrote:Scooby Doo (the original series, at least) is a wonderful show for introducing skepticism to kids. Invaluable part of my childhood.
I absolutely agree.

However...now it's just getting silly :x

Also, I miss having Casey Kasem voicing Shaggy :(

Slightly on topic: Johnny Bravo, of course :P
3DS FC: 1435-4098-2557
Spoiler: Yay Nini! \o/

Usa-chan Man wrote: I am a rabbit, but at the same time, I am not.
Jecka: Those damn beavers
*Jecka sobs
Slider: Those DAM beavers? :V
Jecka: Slider no