DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
f(x)

killjoy

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an

Postby f(x) » February 21st, 2012, 8:23 pm

thanks for your answer guys
so, something other than APTX 4869 that is taken by vermouth made her non-aging instead of shrunk... so that's why most of BO member didnt realize that there's drugs that could make an adult like shiho could escape from handcuffs and locked room

but it's still wondering me
If Shiho noticed that a rare few of her lab mice had become younger after being given the drug and began to suspect Shinichi's transformation after searching his house and found that his clothes from primary school were missing, but why she told that she took a pill of APTX 4869 to commit suicide?? did she really want to commit suicide???

i hope my post is understandable, i cant speak english very well :(
three cheers for sweet revenge
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » February 21st, 2012, 8:31 pm

If I recall, the chance of not dying from the APTX is only 0.3%, so she definitely took it to attempt suicide.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » February 21st, 2012, 8:35 pm

f(x) wrote:but it's still wondering me
If Shiho noticed that a rare few of her lab mice had become younger after being given the drug and began to suspect Shinichi's transformation after searching his house and found that his clothes from primary school were missing, but why she told that she took a pill of APTX 4869 to commit suicide?? did she really want to commit suicide???
I can understand your post. :) She took the APTX pill to commit suicide because the shrinking effect was really rare. She expected that she would die like the most of the mice and humans did who were poisoned with APTX, not one of the rare exceptions who lived.

GinRei wrote:If I recall, the chance of not dying from the APTX is only 0.3%, so she definitely took it to attempt suicide.
Where did this number come from? Since it's you, you must have heard it somewhere...
GinRei
DCTP Staff Member

銀霊

Postby GinRei » February 21st, 2012, 8:39 pm

I don't recall where, but I believe in one of Haibara's early appearances (though it could have been an AO background screen or movie or something) it mentioned a 99.7% death rate.  It's possible my memory is a bit fuzzy on it, but that's what I recall.
Chekhov MacGuffin
Community Scholar

BAGA BGEGD EDBDEG A

Postby Chekhov MacGuffin » February 21st, 2012, 8:43 pm

GinRei wrote:I don't recall where, but I believe in one of Haibara's early appearances (though it could have been an AO background screen or movie or something) it mentioned a 99.7% death rate.  It's possible my memory is a bit fuzzy on it, but that's what I recall.
I don't remember that, but I'll look into it because that is interesting and worth finding. To the Google!
Akonyl
Community Hero

Postby Akonyl » February 21st, 2012, 11:26 pm

Commi-Ninja wrote: If she had, and Gin knew about it, he probably wouldn't have used the drug on Shinichi waaaay back in the beginning.

Gin knew, he gave Shinichi the poison because he was out of work and needed to spur a new show so he could nab a villain role in it.
S.Vineyard

Postby S.Vineyard » February 22nd, 2012, 3:47 am

Lately there was some talk that Gosho has plans for a "Ran's Birthday" file in the near future.
Is this proven or only a fan rumor?
skyechan
Community Hero

"真実はいつも一つ!"

Postby skyechan » February 22nd, 2012, 6:05 am

S.Vineyard wrote:Lately there was some talk that Gosho has plans for a "Ran's Birthday" file in the near future.
Is this proven or only a fan rumor?

It's an assumption based on Gosho's response to a question given at a very recent Q&A event:

蘭ã
ImageImage
Borealis

Postby Borealis » February 23rd, 2012, 1:41 pm

About Vodka: I have a theory that he is in reality undercover in the BO. He is just playing the "dump" part to get information ;)
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
chinpokomon

Postby chinpokomon » February 24th, 2012, 6:26 am

the probabilty of shinichi and ran's birthday be the same day? i'd say pretty high
Mareliini

Postby Mareliini » February 24th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I have a serious guestion.

Does Conan have baby teeth or permanent teeth? //shoshot

I have tried to figure this out over a year now. After all permanent teeth are too big to fit properly for a child's mouth. But how.. my mind.. I don't get it. ;^;
Borealis

Postby Borealis » February 24th, 2012, 12:42 pm

chinpokomon wrote:the probabilty of shinichi and ran's birthday be the same day? i'd say pretty high
As far as I know, they have different birthdays. Just check the DC-Wikis

@Mareliini: I think he has milk teeth. As far as I know it was never stated but it makes the most sense
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
sonoci

Everyone's Child

Postby sonoci » February 24th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Mareliini wrote:I have a serious guestion.

I have tried to figure this out over a year now. After all permanent teeth are too big to fit properly for a child's mouth. But how.. my mind.. I don't get it. ;^;

Spoiler:
[img width=600]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1034/dollarld.png[/img]

;D
Borealis

Postby Borealis » February 24th, 2012, 2:03 pm

sonoci wrote:

Spoiler:
[img width=600]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1034/dollarld.png[/img]

;D

I actually laughed at that :D
*shot by grammar police*

. ____
./        \
|    o    |
.\____./
      |_-,
     O
Callid

Ratio vincit omnia.

Postby Callid » February 24th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Considering that Conan is not a child physically, but rather a (in a specific way) shrunk adult (well, teenager), his teeth should be his adult ones, but shrunken. Actually, this would be a very easy and useful way of identifying people shrunk by APTX4869, as the number of teeth should be the adult ones...
If  ;), :D, ;D, ::), :P, :-X, :o or >:D are attached, that paragraph may not be 100% serious. Seriously.
This link provides further information.

Callid Conia Pact - Petitions - Archive