DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Swagnarok
User avatar
Posts: 332

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Swagnarok » November 15th, 2016, 12:48 pm

Spoiler:
Are those preschool scenes from "Futari no Byoshin" supposed to be from the upcoming adaptation of that manga case with young Shinichi and Ran?
Last edited by Swagnarok on November 15th, 2016, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 887

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Spimer » November 15th, 2016, 2:36 pm

@Swagnarok: I think it would be best if you enclosed your question in a spoiler box to avoid spoiling any other users who only watch the anime and don't want to be spoiled about upcoming episodes. Regarding your question...

Spoiler:
Yes, those scenes are indeed from the kindergarten case which is yet to be adapted into the anime.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
lavendragon
User avatar

Capt. Kaizo is so cool isn't he? <3
--
Hello everyone! Just call me Ell ^^

Posts: 43

Contact:

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby lavendragon » November 15th, 2016, 7:48 pm

@Spimer I see you have opened a thread for the said Q&A. Thank you! ^_^
DC has been an important part of my childhood, it's one of those shows that I watched as a kid.
I begin to take DC seriously in 2012 when curiosity of BO got the better of me. And I never regretted that. ;)
Amuro321
Posts: 25

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Amuro321 » November 20th, 2016, 10:06 am

Hey guys i heard many times that in the introduce case from Bourbon people say that Bourbon made a wrong conclusion on purpose to test Kogoro. But i cant find any scene where it proofs it that he wanted to test kogoro. Is it true that he wanted to test Kogoro in the scene and he would have let Banba go outside so his alibi would be destroyed?
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 887

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Spimer » November 20th, 2016, 11:20 am

Well, he had obviously noticed the cake on Banba's shoes which was proof that he hadn't come out the bar and was acting in a way to make Kogoro be able to gather clues.

The way he provoked Banba to try to punch him and dodged him was to allow Kogoro to spot that and see if he would reach the same conclusion.

He didn't say anything when Banba was being led away because he was expecting Kogoro to react: if he was as good as a detective as he was said to be then he should bring the cake on the shoes as argument. If he didn't say anything then Amuro was surely going to conclude Kogoro wasn't that big of a deal in the end.

So yes, he was testing Kogoro. Even if he didn't explicitly say it his actions were a clear sign of it.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
bash7353

部下の手柄は上司のもの
上司の失敗は部下の責任

Posts: 430

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby bash7353 » November 22nd, 2016, 6:27 am

I don't agree. It is certainly true that Amuro didn't say anything when the suspect was about to unwittingly destroy the evidence that could exonerate him, but it's not clear whether Amuro purposely did that, or just didn't realise it. In the chapter, Amuro argues that Banba is the culprit and it can well be true that he believes that.

It seems too contrived to me to suggest that Amuro provoked Banba on purpose, so Kogorou could see the stains on the shoe. That would imply that Amuro was aware they are there before he actually got a look at them. Conan seems surprised when he sees the bottom of the shoe which tells me he didn't think about it before. Normally in this series, other people, even detectives, don't notice things before Conan does, with the possible exception of Yuusaku.

In my view, Amuro's deduction simply isn't right, and Conan is there to set the record straight. We've seen this on other occasions where Heiji or Sera got things wrong before being corrected by Conan.

In Sera's introductory case, there is the case to be made that she actually wanted to see Conan performing Sleeping Kogorou, so she purposely gave a solution she knew to be incorrect in order to force Conan to put Kogorou to sleep. That is subsequently backed up by many hints pointing towards her knowing Conan's identity even before her introduction to the series. I can see why she'd be interested in botching her own deduction.

In contrast, I don't see why Amuro would care about Kogorou. The reason he is there and ultimately sticks around is a perceived connection between Akai and Kogorou. I don't see why Amuro would have any interest in seeing whether Kogorou is a good or a bad detective.

We can't say for sure, so I guess it's a matter of opinion at this point.
"Jo mere uenig du er med nogen, jo pænere skal du tale til dem. Tal om indholdet. Brug tid på indholdet. Forhold dig til det, der diskuteres. Lyt til, hvad der bliver sagt, i stedet for hvem der siger det. Hvis vi skal gøre det her med demokratiet bedre, så starter vi der."
描いた夢は叶わないことの方が多い
秀れた人を羨んでは自分が嫌になる
浅い眠りに押し潰されそう夜もある
優しい隣人が陰で牙を向いていたり

惰性で観てたテレビ消すみたいに生きる
ことを時々辞めたくなる

人生は苦痛ですか 成功が全てですか
僕はあなたにあなたに ただ逢いたいだけ
信じたい嘘 効かない薬 帰れないサヨナラ
叫べ叫べ叫べ   逢いたいだけ
sstimson
User avatar

Everyone a Critic

Posts: 2668

Contact:

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby sstimson » November 22nd, 2016, 5:08 pm

bash7353 wrote:
In contrast, I don't see why Amuro would care about Kogorou. .


IMO the following: A unknown Detective suddenly becomes famous as The Sleeping Kogorou. As Amuro might checkout why this happened, he might check out Kogorou. It is also possible that the BO might also want to investigate this as well in case he might become a threat.
Later

Invisible Member
Spoiler: SS Present from PT
Image
MetantieAi
Posts: 1

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby MetantieAi » November 26th, 2016, 11:33 am

From which episode is this picture please?
Image
Spimer
Moderator
User avatar

Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Posts: 887

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Spimer » November 26th, 2016, 12:39 pm

I'm not sure but maybe it's from the "Disapperance of Conan Edogawa: The worsts two days in history" TV Special.

I might be wrong, though.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Swagnarok
User avatar
Posts: 332

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Swagnarok » December 6th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Spoiler:
I recently watched 828. In this episode, it's revealed that Masumi has a scarf thingamajig labeled "Mary". Based on this, Conan deduces that the mystery girl living with Masumi is named Mary. It's been revealed also that Masumi's mother is named Mary. The Wiki has gone on to declare that the girl is Masumi's shrunken mother.
However, is there any solid evidence that the girl in question is this Mary person?
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 528

Contact:

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Serinox » December 6th, 2016, 7:10 pm

Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
I recently watched 828. In this episode, it's revealed that Masumi has a scarf thingamajig labeled "Mary". Based on this, Conan deduces that the mystery girl living with Masumi is named Mary. It's been revealed also that Masumi's mother is named Mary. The Wiki has gone on to declare that the girl is Masumi's shrunken mother.
However, is there any solid evidence that the girl in question is this Mary person?

Spoiler:
They look identical and Masumi calls the girl "Mama" as well, even in private situations. The girl in the hotel room also follows Shukichis career and is happy about his achievement without Masumi knowing anything about it.

Do you want to imply that the girl is an impersonator who went undercover as the fake shrunken mother of Masumi for some reason and the real mother is held captive by someone?
Swagnarok
User avatar
Posts: 332

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Swagnarok » December 6th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Serinox wrote:
Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
I recently watched 828. In this episode, it's revealed that Masumi has a scarf thingamajig labeled "Mary". Based on this, Conan deduces that the mystery girl living with Masumi is named Mary. It's been revealed also that Masumi's mother is named Mary. The Wiki has gone on to declare that the girl is Masumi's shrunken mother.
However, is there any solid evidence that the girl in question is this Mary person?

Spoiler:
They look identical and Masumi calls the girl "Mama" as well, even in private situations. The girl in the hotel room also follows Shukichis career and is happy about his achievement without Masumi knowing anything about it.

Do you want to imply that the girl is an impersonator who went undercover as the fake shrunken mother of Masumi for some reason and the real mother is held captive by someone?


Spoiler:
Uh, no, I'm thinking that Gosho might be trolling his readers.
So to be clear, those four things (extremely similar appearance, the scarf, being a fan of Shukichi Haneda, and the "mama" reference) are the only evidences of the girl being Mary?
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
Serinox
User avatar
Posts: 528

Contact:

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Serinox » December 6th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Swagnarok wrote:
Serinox wrote:
Swagnarok wrote:
Spoiler:
I recently watched 828. In this episode, it's revealed that Masumi has a scarf thingamajig labeled "Mary". Based on this, Conan deduces that the mystery girl living with Masumi is named Mary. It's been revealed also that Masumi's mother is named Mary. The Wiki has gone on to declare that the girl is Masumi's shrunken mother.
However, is there any solid evidence that the girl in question is this Mary person?

Spoiler:
They look identical and Masumi calls the girl "Mama" as well, even in private situations. The girl in the hotel room also follows Shukichis career and is happy about his achievement without Masumi knowing anything about it.

Do you want to imply that the girl is an impersonator who went undercover as the fake shrunken mother of Masumi for some reason and the real mother is held captive by someone?


Spoiler:
Uh, no, I'm thinking that Gosho might be trolling his readers.
So to be clear, those three things (extremely similar appearance, the scarf, and the "mama" reference) are the only evidences of the girl being Mary?

Spoiler:
Pretty much. And that the girl cares about Shukichis career without even Masumi knowing why the girl would be interested in shogi.
(Also, she looks identical apart from age, "Mama" is not a reference but the way Masumi addresses the girl and her mother in the flashback and the thing with the name "Mary" on it is a handkerchief and not a scarf)
Swagnarok
User avatar
Posts: 332

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby Swagnarok » December 10th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Whenever Ethan Hondou killed himself, did he use his own gun or one that Hidemi had on her?
暮らす下一つ屋
My fanfic account:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7291651/Swagnarok
MeiTanteixX
User avatar
Posts: 1174

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Postby MeiTanteixX » December 10th, 2016, 4:28 pm

Swagnarok wrote:Whenever Ethan Hondou killed himself, did he use his own gun or one that Hidemi had on her?

his own, so that it would look like she took it from him and shot him.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Image
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''Image
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Image
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Image
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''

DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gqku3dvoPhWaNIRUu0Q

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron