DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Spimer »

Again, this a forum, not a chatroom. Don't expect instant answers and even less order others around as if we're here to please you.

You have been warned.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Tangentially

Post by Tangentially »

Hello DCTP Forum members,

What episode is this from?

Spimer

Post by Spimer »

I could be wrong, but from the art style and the clothes, I think it's one of the movies past Movie 6.

If anyone else has any idea of where they are from, feel free to correct me.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

That image is from Movie 12: Full Score of Fear.

After comparing it to this image from the Movie 12 gallery on the DCW wiki, I'm sure of it:
https://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wik ... 31s208.png
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Thanks, DC Universe Aficionado.

So my guess that it was a movie was correct, then.
nejaguw

Post by nejaguw »

Hello everyone. Just some questions here.
1) Sorry for the obvious question. But is it true that the series of Detective Conan is still ongoing as of today 26/05/2019 onwards? Do we really get a new manga chapter and anime episode every single week?
2) Do the manga chapter and anime episode that get released is totally new for everyone on the planet and also stay with the series forever?
3) When do the new chapters (both official and scanlation), episodes, volumes and DVDs get released?
4) Do the scanlation chapters get released before the official ones?
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

nejaguw wrote:Hello everyone. Just some questions here.
1) Sorry for the obvious question. But is it true that the series of Detective Conan is still ongoing as of today 26/05/2019 onwards? Do we really get a new manga chapter and anime episode every single week?
2) Do the manga chapter and anime episode that get released is totally new for everyone on the planet and also stay with the series forever?
3) When do the new chapters (both official and scanlation), episodes, volumes and DVDs get released?
4) Do the scanlation chapters get released before the official ones?
Hey there new user. Always nice to have a fresh face around here. I'm not the most qualified person to be answering these questions, but here's to a relatively speedy response:

1. Both the Detective Conan anime and manga are still ongoing as of this time of writing. The anime airs new episodes weekly (except when it doesn't, in which case it sometimes does re-airings of old episodes), whereas the manga only releases new chapters sporadically. The next manga chapter is slated for release on June 12.
2. All manga chapters are canon, whereas *most* anime episodes are not, the exception being those anime episodes based on manga chapters. The same material is available for everyone on earth via the internet. (Not sure whether that satisfactorily answered your question.)
3. See my answer to #1. I have no clue about DVDs, but official manga volumes can be purchased in bookstores or online, and the "detectiveconanworld" wiki has information as to the release dates for such volumes, for both the original Japanese and English editions.
4. Sometimes there'll be spoilers for official chapters before release, and these spoilers will be posted and crudely translated on various parts of the internet. However, generally speaking the full scanlations do not appear until after the official release of the full chapters. Please note in the future that asking about scanlations is against site rules.

Hope that helped.
lucy123

Post by lucy123 »

1) Could someone please convince the admin to create new threads only to discuss single manga chapters instead of many of them?
2) Could someone please create a picture with all of the volume covers of the series and post it somewhere?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

1) No. One-chapter threads are pointless and take up too much space. Making a thread for the whole case makes more sense to compile all hints / speculation / theories about case solution / plot progression. This formula has worked well for many years and we're not going to change it on a whim.

2) There's probably an image online somewhere, try searching for it.

Also, this thread is mainly to ask questions about the franchise.

For issues & suggestions you should use the thread located in the "Support" section.
kiramiremu

Post by kiramiremu »

Hello there. I have some questions that I’d like to get answered. I want them answered by a moderator only and replying with “yes”, “no” and “why”:

1. Who knows the entire future/ending of the series besides the author and all editors?
2. Is the only way to know the further story the waiting for the next chapters to get released?
3. When do new chapters (both official and scanlation)/episodes/volumes/DVDs get released?
4. How often has the series had breaks?
5. When will the series end?
6. Does the author have future chapters made ahead of the current one published?
7. Is it true that the series is currently ongoing as of today 2019?
8. Is it true that everything that we know so far is immersed in the 1035 chapters of the manga that we have up to date?
9. If I’m asking for the picture containing all of the volume covers, it’s because I haven’t found one on the Internet. So, I will repeat the question: Could someone please create a picture with all of the volume covers of the series and post it somewhere?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Hello.

Sorry, but you're not a in a position to be making demands as to who can reply your answers and how. You're a normal user and such you must abide by the rules of the forums.

Nevertheless, I'll try answering as much as I can, if that's of help to you and other users.

1) Maybe the anime producer / some of the staff know about it. Or maybe some of the veteran VAs. Takayama Minami (Conan VA) says that, apparently, Gosho once told her the identity of the BO Boss.

2) Sometimes Gosho teases in advance what will next case bring upon but most times we can only sit down and wait because he's yet to decide what it'll be about.

3) Chapters are published weekly in the Shonen Sunday Magazine each Wednesday. Scanlation depends on how much time the teams need to work on them.
Anime is aired each Saturday at 6PM Japan Time in Yomiuri TV.
DVDs and volumes don't have a set release date; volumes release once there's enough chapters to fill one and it's normally one every X months. Depends also on the pacing of the manga serialization.

4) The series has had several "long" break periods. Before that there used to be "research breaks" between cases so that Gosho had more time to prepare the next cases. In the last 2 years, Gosho had admitted he was overworking himself so he's been told to take it slower and release chapters at a more spaced-out pace.

To fill the gap, the magazine publishes a spin-off manga by another author which is named "Zero's Tea Time" and focuses on small episodes of the life of character Amuro Tooru.

5) Nobody knows when it will end. Years ago Gosho used to say he thought it could end by 100 volumes but in the last couple of years he admitted his prediction was off and will take MORE than 100 volumes.

6) He obviously had when serialization was at an almost non-stop pace; the research breaks were to have time to prepare the following cases.

7) Yes, the series is ongoing. Chapters are being published in the magazine, anime airs each week, a movie came out in April and is breaking records again.

8) Manga is the main source of "canon"; there are some complimentary guidebooks / digest books which sometimes expand upon things and sometimes offer speculation / interpretation of things but they're not a must-read to understand the manga storyline.

9) If you look for recordings of Japanese TV shows featuring interviews about Conan, they often show a picture with all of the volumes or covers. You might have more luck there than expecting someone to make it for you. Or maybe you could make it yourself for fun.
Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko

Post by Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko »

Does anyone know what case has the highest amount of victims ?
"aim the impossible to reach the possible"
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko wrote:Does anyone know what case has the highest amount of victims ?
As in active deaths most likely Moonlight Sonata Case with Motive death + 2 Murders + 2 Accidental deaths + Suicide.
For mass deaths it's definitely the Kaitou Kid and the Murder (Sunset Manor Case) with the "deaths" and the flashback with 8 dead + more dying on the scene.
Maybe we also saw the bomb defusing unit get blown up in the 12 million hostages episode as well but I can't remember atm.

Conan and co. are very good at stopping the final murders and the culprit suicide in time so for big cases 3-4 dead people in total is a lot.
Adel34

Post by Adel34 »

I have a question about "Genta's Kill Shot" case. As much as I like this case, one thing I don't get no matter how many times I rewind and read again is the "English elf" thing. The German hint is obvious - elf means 11. But what does the English word "elf" mean in this context? Conan says it's because the criminal is mischievous. But how does this connect to the culprit, Kojima? Mischievous means bad and the guy who hit the victim was bad, so how does this relate to Kojima specifically? Could anyone please explain this to me.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Question in a way but more about your opinion... so didn't know which thread it really fit in but any how.... did the whistling bookstore have such a great cast of characters or an outstanding story... or something else I may have missed? I only ask because there's a part 2 coming out soon. I know they did it with the dog one and the restaurant one also... but I still understood for those ones... I am wondering if I am the only one who is not getting why this one is getting a part 2?