DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
ProfParanoia

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by ProfParanoia »

TML wrote:This got me thinking: if Shinichi did not re-shrink, or if Heiji did not learn that Conan and Shinichi were one and the same, would Heiji still regard Shinichi as a rival, or would he have set aside that rivalry regardless?
Rivals don't really make sense in Detective Conan, since all the heroes exist to solve crimes they don't really get anything for doing it in opposition to each other. There are the loose detective battle cases but they're rare and usually go back to working as a unit. You can see in some of the opening that they expected more a rivalry among a few characters (opening 5 mostly) but the story line just doesn't facilitate it.
agent.sherry

Post by agent.sherry »

During Clash of Red and Black (more precisely Episode 502 or Chapter 607 in the manga), while Gin tells Kir to kill Akai, he mentions an informer who provided him with the information that the FBI is still at the hospital and that one of their agents (Camel) got involved in a murder case. Is it already known who that person is who got the information for the BO and I somehow just forgot it? Or has this not been revealed yet? Or is this just someone random who's not of any significance and hence will never be mentioned again?

Thanks in advance :)
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

No. That informant thing was never explained in detail. It was probably a low-ranked member sent to stalk out the hospital or the one that was already there, sent after contact with Kusuda Rikumichi was lost and who reported that the hospital was full of FBI agents.

So they probably won't be brought again because it's an irrelevant background character without a visual.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
Nemomon
This is my melody and it's just the raver's fantasy

Post by Nemomon »

Anbody with a better memory than mine. Conan knows that Amuro is Bourbon, but did ever Amuro told him who he is? I mean, would it be safe for Conan asking Amuro about BO stuff (ignoring for a while that he's a policeman and because of that he can't hurt Conan)?
My dad’s a soldier blue I’ll be a soldier, too
When I grow older you will see me rescue you
I’ll teach you this old song so you can sing along
When I am dead and gone the day won’t be so long.
DCUniverseAficionado
Life can be so many things... what it is for me and for you is up to us to decide.

Post by DCUniverseAficionado »

Nemomon wrote:Anbody with a better memory than mine. Conan knows that Amuro is Bourbon, but did ever Amuro told him who he is? I mean, would it be safe for Conan asking Amuro about BO stuff (ignoring for a while that he's a policeman and because of that he can't hurt Conan)?
No, I don't think he's ever said to Shinichi/Conan, "I'm Bourbon."

Any dialogue they've ever had about that has been implicit, rather than explicit (this is DC, after all—any communication that we get to see between Shinichi/Conan and his allies is, generally, definitely not explicit... their communication is so not explicit, in fact, that it's to the point of ridicule and head scratching).

Basically, if there's going to be a scene where they actually speak freely about that matter, it may happen "off-screen," and it may happen during and/or after the case where they finally clash with Rum.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Well, according to 1,029 spoilers, we finally get to see them explicitly, and on-screen (or should I say, on-panel, in this case), talk about BO matters... whadda' ya' know... 8-)

Well, okay, Rei/Tōru is definitely being more implicit, here, but he isn't giving Shinichi/Conan a total runaround—and as for Shinichi/Conan... just as you put it in the case discussion thread, Nemomon, he's straight-up asking Bourbon about Rum.
“Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.”
“Education never ends... it is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and His Last Bow
"I have decided to stick to love... hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr. (A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr)
symbiotemalevka

Post by symbiotemalevka »

how to contact person psykotaku78
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

symbiotemalevka wrote:how to contact person psykotaku78
It's probably impossible. By the looks of it the guy only had 14 posts and the last one was back in 2008 (re: more than 10 years ago). I'll bet that by now he or she has totally lost interest in the Conan fandom, and even in the show itself. He or she may've even forgotten by now that he or she was ever a member of this website in the first place.
I'm presuming you're asking because you'd like to collaborate with him/her on some kind of complex fan project, but I'd have to advise you to just give it up. There are other qualified people here who might be willing to help you out (maybe).
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

Yeah. Also, that was an off-topic question. This thread is to ask about the Conan series itself, not about user issues / info.

If you need help, PM a moderator.
liyu

Post by liyu »

1) The Wikipedia article of Detective Conan is currently named as "Case Closed" and holds the Viz volume 36 as profile picture. There has to be renamed into Detective Conan and the very first volume has to be the profile picture, but the admin has already declined this. Could we all come together into this and convince the admin to accept these changes?
2) When do we have new chapters/episodes of the series both official and scanlation?
3) When will the series end? At what chapter/volume?
Please reply to these questions right away. Thanks. Goodbye.
Swagnarok

Post by Swagnarok »

liyu wrote:1) The Wikipedia article of Detective Conan is currently named as "Case Closed" and holds the Viz volume 36 as profile picture. There has to be renamed into Detective Conan and the very first volume has to be the profile picture, but the admin has already declined this. Could we all come together into this and convince the admin to accept these changes?
2) When do we have new chapters/episodes of the series both official and scanlation?
3) When will the series end? At what chapter/volume?
1. Probably not. It is what it is.

2. New chapters usually come out in the Shounen Sunday magazine, on Wednesdays (irregularly, since Gosho isn't publishing at near the rate he used to). The next chapter is slated for release on April 10, if I'm not mistaken.
I don't know about when English chapters are published. All I know is that from time to time English-language volumes are released. Right now they're roughly in the middle of the Bourbon arc, last I heard. That info should be readily available on the wiki (detectiveconanworld.com, though there are other sources as well).
As a friendly notice, you should avoid asking about scanlations going forward. The people running this website would prefer to avoid legal troubles, so in regards to these you're on your own (they shouldn't be too hard to find online, however).

3. Nobody knows. It could be another decade, or less, or even more. There just isn't any way to tell something like that at this time.
liyu

Post by liyu »

Because the Pokémon forum doesn't answer, I'll ask here instead:
1) When do we have new chapters/episodes of the series of Pokémon both official and scanlation?
2) When will the series of Pokémon end?
3) Does the series of Pokémon really have a plot? Or it's just the main protagonist who wants to become the greatest master of the Pokémon and catching them all?
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

What?

This is a Detective Conan Forum, not a Pokémon forum. lease don't ask questions unrelated to the topic / forum.

Forums aren't instant messaging, if you want quick answers then I think you need to find another faster media instead of expecting instant answers.
sifux

Post by sifux »

How many breaks has the series had ever? How often? Which one was the longest? I need instant answers, people. I want to know this right away.
Kor
Administrator

Post by Kor »

This chart shows you all the breaks the manga has had.

MeiTanteixX

Post by MeiTanteixX »

"Cell phone"
gets triggered.
DC's Awesome Qoutes:
Spoiler:
Bourbon:''A child's curiosity and a detective's spirit of inquiry do have much in common''
Vermouth:''A secret makes a woman, woman''
Image Image
Mary/Gin:''It's like encountering a demon in the darkness...''
Akai Shuichi:''Fear of death is worse than death itself''
Shinichi Kudo:''following the smell of blood to arrive upon a crime scene, using every one of your senses to hunt the culprit, then once you've seized hold of him, sinking your sharp teeth(your evidence) until your opponent gives up the ghost, That's a detective''
DeviantArt:http://meitanteixx.deviantart.com/
Tumblr:http://masterdetectivexx.tumblr.com/
Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFL6Gq ... hWaNIRUu0Q