DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post any Detective Conan news, events, questions, and the like about the anime, manga, movies, or OVAs that don't belong elsewhere here.
Ran-dezvous

Re: DC Question and Answer Thread - Have a question? Get an answer here

Post by Ran-dezvous »

1. Who's responsible for the actual writing in Wild Police Story? I see Aoyama credited in a Shounen Sunday cover, but I'm not sure whether it's because he created the main series the spinoff is based on, or if he actually did write it. There doesn't seem to be any mention of him merely supervising it, unlike with Zero's Tea Time.

2. Does this new spinoff mean Zero's Tea Time has finally concluded?

Thank you very much in advance!
Spimer
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side of the Force!

Post by Spimer »

1) Aoyama is credited as the artist of the original work (Conan) this is based off. He keeps on correcting Arai's drafts too. From past interviews, it seems that he and Arai have met many times to plan out the story of the series and all. So the bulk of the work is done by Arai but with supervision by Aoyama.

2) ZTT status is unclear. There was no official announcement saying it has ended. It could simply have gone into a pause to make room for this first arc of Wild Police Story (Matsuda Arc - 3 chapters). It's probable that other characters will also get an "arc" of their own but future chapters of this spin-off are yet to be confirmed.

Hope this was of help.
"I shall revive again, again AND AGAIN!"
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

It seems Zero's Tea Time was last released 20 days ago. The releases for all of these are in SS of course so it makes sense for one to get out of the way for the other.

Zero's Tea Time is a lighthearted extra series that has some nice moments in it. When it comes to the art I prefer Gosho's over the designs and detailing, but some of the paneling in ZTT are really cool and different, and I like how he uses double-page spreads. That one scene with Amuro fishing and reminiscing looks and feels great. I like how the mangaka can showcase flow of time in a single panel. Also it's cool to constantly get new color pages. I'm interested in seeing other series from the author if ZTT etc. ends.
Spoiler:
srigom

Post by srigom »

Hi can any one identify the opera style playing in the background in the episode 304-The Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages,at 49:06 when satou rejects takagi's proposal and in the ending when Conan is thinking about ran.Cheers and Thanks
k11chi

Post by k11chi »

srigom wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 9:14 am
Hi can any one identify the opera style playing in the background in the episode 304-The Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages,at 49:06 when satou rejects takagi's proposal and in the ending when Conan is thinking about ran.Cheers and Thanks
It's "I'll be there" sung by Eri Sugai.
https://www.detektiv-conan.ch/aplayer/p ... 1&volume=1
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

srigom: You already got an answer in the post below yours. Also, don't double post.
srigom

Post by srigom »

sorry my bad,i must be blind,didn't see that link,thank you
sanchai95

Post by sanchai95 »

Hi all! Haven't posted in a while but always reading ;)

Just a bit of context for myself:
- I am a Manga only fan (tried watching the anime but didn't love it as much, and can't find a complete start to finish one as Netflixs first available episode is where the DB went to play video games at the boys house, murder next door, fake days, stalker of sister etc)
- Been reading since 2003 when I was 9yo
- Live in Australia!
- Everytime I go to Japan, I always miss Tottori! Even though I plan for it, but something always gets in the way! So I can't visit the museum!

My questions are:
1) I found that some anime episodes cover cases not available in the Manga are they not canon? Should I watch the anime for more plot info (not just filler cases)?

2) Should I watch the movies? In which order and which to watch? Are they canon? As I heard that not a lot are canon. I like seeing the movie characters appear in manga though! I guess my question is, is it a MUST to understand the plot more?

3) Has anyone read Detective Conan SPECIAL? I remember these when I was younger! They are just filler cases but just as entertaining! I remember one case where a guy with a pace maker was killed in an elevator by blowing him up! Not sure of science but by turning the elevator into a microwave type situation, the guy was essentially an egg that exploded. Are these still available? They were full books by another artist.

4) Is there anywhere we can read Zeros Tea Time or any other content? There are no manga shops in Perth that carry Conan and I'm struggling to find full English translations that ship to Australia. Does anyone know of any?

5) A bit of a odd question but I can't find a thread on this. I never realised that sex/sexual relationship was common place in the manga as it always seemed like a kids manga more than an adult shonen. Just wanted to start a discussion (if okay or can start another thread) on how it gets brought up in manga! I never realised Gin/Sherry/Vermouth situation until reading these forums! It's funny how they subtly mention things like this. Eg how Takagi comments on Miwakos expensive mattress when he spent the night (and how the DB subsequently wondered when he went for a sleepover party), or Yumi 'spending the night' at Chukichis house. The way it's approached is so odd to me as they don't outwardly discuss 'Oh I spent the night at such and such' but will be mentioned off handedly or in between lines of dialogue.

6) Has anyone been to the AG musuem?

Thank you all beforehand!
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to offer but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

1) AOs aren't part of the plot since they're written by the anime scriptwriters. Then there's some AO sections to anime episodes such as special episodes
2) The movies aren't part of the plot either; they lately are used to tease some plot elements but anything that happens in them is self-contained in each movie
3) I did read some in my local bookstore; I think there's no official English release though
4) ZTT and other spin-offs can be found in some scanlation sites; due to this website regulations, we won't provide direct links;
5) Well, these topics are hinted at but never elaborated upon since in theory DC is for a wide age range
6) I myself haven't but if you search you might find blogs about people who've been there
sanchai95

Post by sanchai95 »

Spimer wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 6:12 am
1) AOs aren't part of the plot since they're written by the anime scriptwriters. Then there's some AO sections to anime episodes such as special episodes
2) The movies aren't part of the plot either; they lately are used to tease some plot elements but anything that happens in them is self-contained in each movie
3) I did read some in my local bookstore; I think there's no official English release though
4) ZTT and other spin-offs can be found in some scanlation sites; due to this website regulations, we won't provide direct links;
5) Well, these topics are hinted at but never elaborated upon since in theory DC is for a wide age range
6) I myself haven't but if you search you might find blogs about people who've been there
Thanks for the prompt response!

1 and 2) So I guess is it worth giving them a go to enjoy the manga/canon more? Or is it more of a filler to watch for avid fans? What are your recommended movies?
3) Thank you I wasn't sure if it was just me, as I have never head Detective Conan Special mentioned anywhere!
4) Thank you! Will give it a go!
5) I figured! As DC has a large demographic! It just never occurred to me until I read these theories! And honestly, some of these factors were important. Not talking about the different relationships currently. But more so Gin/Vermouth Gin/Sherry situation as it evidently drives him and is one of the reasons why he is very adamantly antagonistic with those two.
6) Hoping to go to the Museum in January (if the pandemic clears up by then)!
I started reading Detective Conan as a kid, I loved every part of it even when I didn't understand the science or logic behind a case. Now as an adult, it's bitter sweet knowing the series has lasted this long, because I am still surprised at what Gosho has to offer but sad knowing soon a big part of my life will come to an end. I'm glad to know there are people out there who love this series as much as I do and is willing to lose sleep just to discuss the intricate plot.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

I think you should judge by yourself; remember that Conan movies have action over the top and there's no point in questioning the why or how of them.

As for the AOs, I especially recommend Episode 184 "The cursed masks smile coldly"
petomas828

Post by petomas828 »

Hi. I don't know if this is the right thread but I request if someone could please create a picture compiling all of the volume covers of the series and post it somewhere, since nowhere on the Internet there is the picture that I'm looking for. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks.
Spimer

Post by Spimer »

No, this isn't the right thread for that. It's for asking questions relative to the DC franchise.

Also, how about you try doing that yourself instead of finding others? It's not like it's that hard.
Reader

Post by Reader »

Shiho4869 wrote:
December 27th, 2020, 6:55 pm
Do you know what episode does this picture come from?
You can do reverse image search.
I did try on yandex, and found that that pic is in the intro of season 10 episode 22. But don't know where that scene is actually.